Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    More than anything Bourne sticking around means Bond can't afford to f*** up. People were going gaga over Kingsman, MI and UNCLE but it's Bourne that really brings the heat with the legitimate aspects of credible action and espionage thriller. Bourne will help keep Bond on his toes and not regress to the "more lighter" bs that some people want the series to go back to. That new pic of Damon alone says a lot and he's only 2 years younger than Craig.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    More than anything Bourne sticking around means Bond can't afford to f*** up. People were going gaga over Kingsman, MI and UNCLE but it's Bourne that really brings the heat with the legitimate aspects of credible action and espionage thriller. Bourne will help keep Bond on his toes and not regress to the "more lighter" bs that some people want the series to go back to. That new pic of Damon alone says a lot and he's only 2 years younger than Craig.

Well said. Very true.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Box office wise Bourne has never been a match to Bond.
    So Bourne can be whatever it will be but it won't keep Bond on his toes nor guarantee a not "more lighter" tone in future Bond movies.

If anything it's Bond that keeps Bourne on his toes.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139
    So Bourne can be whatever it will be but it won't keep Bond on his toes nor guarantee a not "more lighter" tone in future Bond movies.

You need to educate yourself with the facts. Who said anything about Box Office? The financial returns isn't an issue. Bourne doesn't need to be grossing a billion dollars. I'm talking about the quality of the movies and the critical success that the Bourne movies with Damon have garnered. Additionally, it was Bourne who helped facilitate EoN to steer away from the garbage they were dabbling in with the Brosnan era but then again, according to you, EoN's output prior to 2006 was pure gold and everything after has been the producers running the Bond movies into the ground.

Contrary to what you think or what your deluded opinion is, Bourne has been influential to Bond and the credibility the Bourne movies bring in it's approach as action thriller films will not be ignored by EoN and will hopefully keep Bond from relapsing into bulls*** territory the series was once in prior to 2006.
    There is absolutely no evidence to date that Bourne has ever followed anything except its own tune, even if Bond was making more money globally pre-SF (although certainly not in the US). It is one of the most original series out there.

There is, however, plenty of circumstantial evidence that Bond did in fact take elements from the Bourne series, including using some of the same crew on QoS.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    There is absolutely no evidence to date that Bourne has ever followed anything except its own tune, even if Bond was making more money globally pre-SF (although certainly not in the US). It is one of the most original series out there.

There is, however, plenty of circumstantial evidence that Bond did in fact take elements from the Bourne series, including using some of the same crew on QoS.

Well the Bourne series has taken some tidbits from the Bond films, the rooftop scene in Ultimatum was similar to the rooftop scene in TLD, the fight scenes take it's cues from the FRWL/OHMSS fight scenes. Honestly I can't really think of an action franchise that hasn't somewhat been inspired by Bond.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

Well the Bourne series has taken some tidbits from the Bond films, the rooftop scene in Ultimatum was similar to the rooftop scene in TLD, the fight scenes take it's cues from the FRWL/OHMSS fight scenes. Honestly I can't really think of an action franchise that hasn't somewhat been inspired by Bond.

That is true. The Bourne fights always did remind me of FRWL in particular (I remember thinking that when I saw the first one, and lamented at the time the shambles EON was in).

Of course, everything is inspired to a degree by classic Bond, which in turn was inspired by Hitchcock (and North by Northwest in particular, imho).

However, if you were to say that Bourne was taking inspiration from 90s/early 00's Bond, then I'd have to strongly disagree.

You need to educate yourself with the facts. Who said anything about Box Office? The financial returns isn't an issue. Bourne doesn't need to be grossing a billion dollars. I'm talking about the quality of the movies and the critical success that the Bourne movies with Damon have garnered. Additionally, it was Bourne who helped facilitate EoN to steer away from the garbage they were dabbling in with the Brosnan era but then again, according to you, EoN's output prior to 2006 was pure gold and everything after has been the producers running the Bond movies into the ground.

Contrary to what you think or what your deluded opinion is, Bourne has been influential to Bond and the credibility the Bourne movies bring in it's approach as action thriller films will not be ignored by EoN and will hopefully keep Bond from relapsing into bulls*** territory the series was once in prior to 2006.

Funny how you can be triggered to show your ugly Brosnan-hating face.

In case you didn't realise (or are unable to process information that doesn't suit your worldview) it was Bourne that steered EON to the garbage that is QOS.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Who is Bourne? Compared to Bond. ;)
    tumblr_md0400msm11qz874do1_1280.png
  • bondjames wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

That is true. The Bourne fights always did remind me of FRWL in particular (I remember thinking that when I saw the first one, and lamented at the time the shambles EON was in).

Of course, everything is inspired to a degree by classic Bond, which in turn was inspired by Hitchcock (and North by Northwest in particular, imho).

However, if you were to say that Bourne was taking inspiration from 90s/early 00's Bond, then I'd have to strongly disagree.

You could argue that (once again going back to the fight scenes) Goldeneye had a little influence as far as the fight scene from that film, but other than that, not much big influences. Also agreed about Hitchcock, North By Northwest IMO is the god father of spy movies.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=124875

I still haven't fully processed that there's a Bournce movie coming out next year..

Damon looks like Bale in Batman Begins...I hope they handle the Renner/Damon thing smartly and give us Renner vs Damon as Bourne 6.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    I think Bond and Bourne have cross-pollinated each other. The novels were clearly influenced by Fleming and the films. The Bourne Supremacy stole the ending of OHMSS for its opening. And QoS stole, at least stylistic, from Bourne.
    edited September 2015 Posts: 11,139

In case you didn't realise (or are unable to process information that doesn't suit your worldview) it was Bourne that steered EON to the garbage that is QOS.

Your persistent demonstrations of a moronic thought process is tickling. Where did I ever indicate I hate Brosnan? On the contrary. I have submitted many advocations for Brosnan many times but you wouldnt know that because you cant get past your raging hard on to persist with your little campaign that largely attacks the series' output post 2006. You assume because I think Brosnan's era was mostly trash that I hate the guy?? Again, as per usual you are overwhelmingly misinformed and your dodgy reasoning has allowed you to fail at comprehending what's actually written before you.

As for QoS, Bourne wasn't responsible for its shortcomings. The fact that you're incapable of identifying this and fail to acknowledge the accountability of Forster's inappropriate directing style and creative choices in execution demonstrates your proclivity to be consistently ignorant.

If you can be bothered and I highly advise this, brush up on Peter Hunt. :)>- :!!

Your persistent demonstrations of a moronic thought process is tickling. Where did I ever indicate I hate Brosnan? On the contrary. I have submitted many advocations for Brosnan many times but you wouldnt know that because you cant get past your raging hard on to persist with your little campaign that largely attacks the series' output post 2006. You assume because I think Brosnan's era was mostly trash that I hate the guy?? Again, as per usual you are overwhelmingly misinformed and your dodgy reasoning has allowed you to fail at comprehending what's actually written before you.

As for QoS, Bourne wasn't responsible for its shortcomings. The fact that you're incapable of identifying this and fail to acknowledge the accountability of Forster's inappropriate directing style and creative choices in execution demonstrates your proclivity to be consistently ignorant.

If you can be bothered and I highly advise this, brush up on Peter Hunt. :)>- :!!

Well, my overwhelmingly misinformed, dodgy reasoning, moronic thinking self with a deluded opinion will not be bothered again with any of your word-twisting crap. You're just not worth the bother. It's quite boring actually, although amusing, how you show your real face every now and then.
    Splendid.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,438
    The new film go to Canary Islands/ Spanish Island, some new credits on imdb page of the movie confirmd Tenerife.

Francesca Hunt ... 2nd assistant accountant Tenerife
    She work on Spectre in Italy as accounts assistant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenerife

Look like a location more in style of first movie.

Update:

Tenerife sets pictures and video..

http://multimedia.laopinion.es/fotos/cine/segundo-dia-rodaje-bourne-42925.shtml
    http://josebolorino.com/video-persecucion-en-valleseco-dios-mio/

The location wil double for Greece:

http://www.pappaspost.com/photos-tenerife-becomes-athens-in-latest-bourne-film-installment-as-greece-turns-away-massive-hollywood-production/
    While neighboring countries are looking to cash in on lucrative Hollywood film budgets and lure international productions, Greece continues to push them away.

The producers of the yet-unnamed fifth installment of the Bourne spy series starring Matt Damon decided to abandon Greece and instead transform Tenerife (Spain’s Canary Islands) into Athens.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looks interesting.

ha!
    Epic slip up haha!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Release dates on this moment:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4196776/releaseinfo?ref_=ttfc_ql_2

Netherlands 28 July 2016
    UK 29 July 2016
    Sweden 29 July 2016
    USA 29 July 2016
    Excited......

Can't wait to see what Damon gives us. The break is sure to have helped the creative juices flow.
    And this movie will be good for Bond...keeping 007 on tge straight and narrow and not the preposterousness of other silly so called "fun" spy movies.
    I'll be interested to see where they can take this after Legacy ran parallel to Ultimatum.

I just hope we don't have to endure Greengrass bashing the Bond franchise again in the publicity.
    And this movie will be good for Bond...keeping 007 on tge straight and narrow and not the preposterousness of other silly so called "fun" spy movies.

True, and if it's a critical and box office success, which I'm hoping for, then perhaps B25 will be a darker, more FRWL type entry with DC signing off.....which is what I really want for him.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm so pumped for this film. I can't wait to see Damon kicking ass again.
    Likewise.

Matt certainly looks a little older, but I'm sure he's going to give us something tremendous.
    Yep. Exciting and visceral fights and a real thriller vibe to the story. Damon's Bourne movies have so far been a sure bet for excellent and engaging entertainment.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yep. Exciting and visceral fights and a real thriller vibe to the story. Damon's Bourne movies have so far been a sure bet for excellent and engaging entertainment.

This is verbatim why I'm very excited to see this new one, as well. However, now that it's been shooting for a while, is it still being titled 'Bourne 5,' or will it get some type of surname following it like its predecessors?