Daniel Craig to be special guest at Calcutta Cup match tomorrow

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited February 2012 in News Posts: 1,380
James Bond star Daniel Craig will be attending the Calcutta Cup rugby match between England and Scotland as a special guest of the Scottish Rugby Union tomorrow.

Before he made his name as an actor, Craig played for Hoylake Rugby Club.

Gates open at 2:15pm, with the Scotland team bus scheduled to arrive at Murrayfield at 3pm to a chorus of pipe bands.

At full-time, the Calcutta Cup will be presented by HRH The Princess Royal.

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ^
    I never knew this about Dan!
    I think that’s partly why he gets bad press, you have to dig deep to find out anything about him, he hardly ever says anything about his life outside of work.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2012 Posts: 28,694
    hisqos wrote:
    I think that’s partly why he gets bad press, you have to dig deep to find out anything about him, he hardly ever says anything about his life outside of work.

I respect that. If the man wants to have privacy, so be it. More power to him. I can relate to him because that is how I am too. Just because he is a 'celebrity' doesn't mean he can't have his privacy. He's just like all of us.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I hope Craig is able to enjoy his day off tomorrow. He's half way through the filming soon and will no doubt enjoy the rest!
    Fairplay to Dan if he would like his privacy kept. I'm sure we all do! Sick of all these so called celebrities like the Scherzingers and Katie Price AKA Jordan, talking drivel and having camera's everywhere they go.....etc.

Enjoy the game DC! Come on England! For Queen and Country Dan! ;)
    Bond might be rooting for the Scots...
    England won and DC was rooting for England.

kenny brown @kennybrown131
    Daniel craig at murrayfield on saturday night RT @jimthompson25: #007 pic.twitter.com/qtmyqkfV

Ak1h5mVCEAAPLtF.jpg
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks for the unexpected update @Germanlady! Craig look happy, I'm glad England won. :D
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 886
    Good to see him relaxing on the weekends. The bloke must be knackered though.
    i bet he will be at the spurs v Liverpool game in London tomorrow night too seeing as he is a big reds fan!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    i bet he will be at the spurs v Liverpool game in London tomorrow night too seeing as he is a big reds fan!

On a Monday? I think he'll be busy working then.
    Weather depending though ofcourse? They are the monday night game. If he can get to Scotland? He could get if he can? Get to see his beloved Liverpool.
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Weather depending though ofcourse? They are the monday night game. If he can get to Scotland? He could get if he can? Get to see his beloved Liverpool.

It may be more work at Pinewood instead. EON have years of practise of switching the schedule at last minute. They'll be doing something, you can bet on it!

Only once was production shut down. That was on Die Another Day, for one week, as Brosnan injured his knee.