X-Men (2000 - 20)

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    I call it public knowledge for two reasons:

1) Bryan Singer and co. explained it a while ago in interviews and the like; and
    2) The comics could have told you that thirty years ago. Not to mention the myriad cartoons and the X-Men Origins video game.

Ah, i see. Well, i missed that totally!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Honestly though, good job staying... well, celibate, I guess, is a good term, in regards to plot information. I try this myself, but my curiosity always gets the better of me.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    good job staying... well, celibate, I guess

Not sexy.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five very interesting, I didn't know that. Those suits bring back good memories but I'm not sure how they would work outside the comics.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,257
    Sandy wrote:
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five very interesting, I didn't know that. Those suits bring back good memories but I'm not sure how they would work outside the comics.

Yeah, I agree. Still though, I would love to at least see Jackman in this costume for some promotional stills or something.

Edited:
    Here's another photo:

NEf8gSeCamCFij_1_3.jpg
  • The biggest problem with that deleted scene, is that it took place in this particular movie set after all the other X-Men movies.
    If they had this scene somehow in 'X-Men Origins' however..... of course then I'd just be irritated that he didn't have it in X-Men 1 2 & 3!

It does look surprisingly good- I'd love to see what that folded suit look like
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Has anyone seen this?

http://www.thebentbullet.com/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,372
    Bryan Singer has announced that the next X-Men film, called 'X-Men: Apocalypse', is set to release on May 27th, 2016:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112102
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2013 Posts: 13,350
    That's a surprise! So this is the third and final of the First Class films then? Unless they do more than the three.

I'm sure another Wolverine will follow afterwards.
    Wow. I know a lot of comic fans have wanted to see Apocalypse for years. I'm sure Days of Future Past will end with some sort of lead in. Especially if this film is only two years apart. Then I would agree with @Samuel001 saying that the next Wolverine will probably follow that either the next year or year after. After that...who knows? This series sure knows how to stay alive. I'm all for it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Maybe Days of Future Past will set up the next Wolverine movie, and then that sets up Apocalypse. After all, I'm quite certain I read on IGN a long time ago that The Wolverine wouldn't have a post/mid-credits scene to set up Days of Future Past. Look what happened.
    Sandy wrote:
    Has anyone seen this?

http://www.thebentbullet.com/

I didn't but it is great! Thank you @Sandy! Very well put together. I remember after First Class came out, Matthew Vaughn talked about Magneto controlling the magic bullet and I thought that was an amazing idea! Now, I don't know how much of the JFK assassination would be in Days of Future Past, but at least I think they will mention it.
    Well, it appears that Jackman is unsure about returning as Wolverine:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112133
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It seems it's more that the film must be up to a certain standard for Jackman to want to star in it. Not unlike a certain Mr. Craig in a way. I suppose that's no bad thing though and should hopefully make for a better end product.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, it appears that Jackman is unsure about returning as Wolverine:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112133

Im sure he will do the film. Remember money can make things happen. Ask Sean Connery
    Jackman has a true love and passion for his character. It's rare to see nowadays. But good for him to refuse until they get the script into something worthwhile.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2013 Posts: 4,416
    Bryan Singer returns for his 4th X-men movie

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/30025/-x-men-apocalypse-gets-singer-no-old-cast
    By Garth Franklin Monday December 9th 2013 11:34AM
    "X-Men: Apocalypse" Gets Singer, No Old Cast

While "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is still months away, attention over the weekend remained firmly on the next film in the franchise after that - "X-Men: Apocalypse" which opens in 2016.

Following on from the announcement of the project on Friday, and yesterday's spoiler-filled reveal of the mid-credits stinger during 'Future Past' that sets up the next film, this morning sees two further bits of information come to light.

First up Vulture has confirmed that Singer will be returning as director on "X-Men: Apocalypse," his first back-to-back "X-Men" directing gigs since the first two films over a decade ago.

The other big question though is who will be involved? The younger actors introduced in "X-Men: First Class" (James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Lucas Till, etc.) are contracted for three films and are locked in to return.

The older cast members (Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Hugh Jackman, etc.) however aren't so certain, and the outlet says that because the film is a direct sequel to 'Days' it will focus strictly on the younger cast.

X-force also be set for 2016, but i think that movie wil be out in 2019 then. 10 years after Wolverine, whyle X-Men: Apocalypse in 2016 be 10 years after X-men 3.
    I bet Wolverine will be in both Apocalypse and X-Force, as a cameo if nothing else.
    I bet Wolverine will be in both Apocalypse and X-Force, as a cameo if nothing else.

I loved his cameo in 'First Class.' Straight, rude, and to the point. Hilarious.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I loved his cameo in 'First Class.' Straight, rude, and to the point. Hilarious.
    I didn't expect that at all, but it made so much sense and was hysterical to boot!

chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I didn't expect that at all, but it made so much sense and was hysterical to boot!

Yes it was! He wasn't having any of what they were selling, haha.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yes it was! He wasn't having any of what they were selling, haha.
    And they backed off instantly, heh heh.
    Well now I wonder if the reason he decided to return as Wolverine for 'Days Of Future Past' was based on the money, as he was reportedly uninterested in it in the beginning. Let's hope the next film does interest him enough that he choose to return.
    I have read the original comic book story (many times), and I don't see how any actor wouldn't be interested in playing Wolvie in THAT.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I have read the original comic book story (many times), and I don't see how any actor wouldn't be interested in playing Wolvie in THAT.

If that's the case, then I don't see how, especially by the man who has played Wolverine for so many years.
    Anna Paquin's Rogue has been cut from the film:

http://bit.ly/193fGYF
    True Blood may be spilled over this.

Yeah, don't really care that much. After the first one, she sorta fizzled out. It would have been nice to see her in the film, but, at the end of the day, if the scene was just a cameo unimportant to the overall plot of the film, I guess it doesn't matter.
    Because of the portrayal of Rogue in the movies, I won't be missing her. The story would be different if she was like the Rogue from the animated series!
    I'll miss her terribly, but whatcha gonna do?