Best Bond Movie for Villainy

edited January 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 4,762
Which James Bond Movie would you consider as having the best group of villains? For me, it is GoldenEye. We've got the brilliant mastermind Alec Trevelyan, having a personal past with 007 and a grudge against England. He's a weapons expert and a great hand-to-hand combatant. Next, there's Xenia Onatopp, the deadly female assassin who enjoys a good squeeze by strangling men with her thighs! Then there is General Ourumov, whose connections with the Russian military prove useful to Trevelyan's revenge plan on England. Next, who can forget Boris Grishenko?! He claims to be invincible and is an expert computer programmer who can break anyone's codes! The four of them make an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.

Comments

TB, DAF, OP, and LTK all had very good villains I think.
    00Beast wrote:
    The four of them make an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.
    Yeah, save for them actually being stopped around 17 years ago.

Dr_Metz wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

:)) :))

They were a memorable bunch though.
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Whatever, they are still great villains nonetheless. I do agree with you on all your choices, those are good ones!
    Wint and Kidd! ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    TB, DAF and GE.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 401
    BAIN123 wrote:
    :)) :))

They were a memorable bunch though.

Ehh, it didn't make sense for 006 to look as young as he did, considering he was a Lienz Cossack. Ourumov was underused and written a bit poorly. Ourumov was actually more interesting than Trevelyan IMO. Boris was probably the most entertaining of the villians, he also has the best line in the whole film: "IT'S BORIS, IT'S BORIS, IT'S BORIS, Hello."
    Oromov is a rather unerrated villain IMO.
    00Beast wrote:
    Next, who can forget Boris Grishenko?! ! .

I cant. I nearly used the brain bleach. Fecking awful unfunny character.

actonsteve wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

He wasn't that terrible, considering what kind of writing we would have 7 years down the line. "Wow, that's a mouthful".
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

He wasn't that terrible, considering what we would have 7 years down the line. "Wow, that's a mouthful".

Worse: Mr Kil. What an interesting character he was ;) The writers clearly couldn't be arsed there.
    TB has great villains, largo torturing domino stands out.
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

He wasn't that terrible, considering what kind of writing we would have 7 years down the line. "Wow, that's a mouthful".

He was the start of the slippery slope that would culminate in the horrors of Jinx and Gustav Graves.

I've never had a problem with Borris, I found him ok.
    actonsteve wrote:
    He was the start of the slippery slope that would culminate in the horrors of Jinx and Gustav Graves.
    What do you think is Boris' worst line in the film? Just wondering.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    TB(especially VOLPE)
    FRWL
    LTK

are probably my top 3.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 6,432
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

He wasn't that terrible, considering what we would have 7 years down the line. "Wow, that's a mouthful".

Worse: Mr Kil. What an interesting character he was ;) The writers clearly couldn't be arsed there.

DAD almost made austin powers redundant. DAD should be retitled carry on bond.
    YOLT

It had Hans, Brandt, Osato, the sumo-wrestler and Blofeld.
    DAD almost made austin powers redundant. The film should be retitled carry on bond.
    At least DAD is somewhat watchable. I can't stand Austin Powers. It's not a funny or clever series. OH MAN HE WANTED SHARKS WITH LASER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS HAHAHAHA WHAT A COMEDY.

[/quote]
    At least DAD is somewhat watchable. I can't stand Austin Powers. It's not a funny or clever series. OH MAN HE WANTED SHARKS WITH LASER BEAMS ON THEIR HEADS HAHAHAHA WHAT A COMEDY.

[/quote]

The first 2 Austin Powers are great but the third is - meh.[quote="Dr_Metz
    BAIN123 wrote:
    The first 2 Austin Powers are great but the third is - meh.
    They are all bad in my opinion. Never laughed at them.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Thank God the fouth film never went anywhere. It was just, as thought, more talk.
    Austin powers is just stupid, i like that kind of humour.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Spy Who Shagged Me was the best and funniest of the three.

On the topic at hand, however, FRWL and TB had the best villains, even if I don't really like Rosa Klebb, or that chess whiz.
    Austin powers is just stupid, i like that kind of humour.
    This is funny:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYdbanbEAYk&feature=related

This is just cringeworthy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jZiKFLL6MI&feature=related
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,341
    Gallery of Rogues ranked:

Janus was a great bunch.
    the SPECTRE lineups in FRWL and TB is also tops.
    LTK would come after these.

Dr_Metz wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

There is some Russo-American stuff at the beginning about a password and a bum.

But for the life of me I cant remember the details but I thought this isnt great.

Dr_Metz wrote:
    DAD almost made austin powers redundant. The film should be retitled carry on bond.

Austin Powers' worst crime is putting off Babs and Mickey into not doing a Blofeld/Stromberg type villain due to comparisons to Dr Evil.

Unforgiveable.

Nataly
    actonsteve wrote:
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

There is some Russo-American stuff at the beginning about a password and a bum.

But for the life of me I cant remember the details but I thought this isnt great.

Natalya is trying to guess what Boris's password is and Boris gives her a clue which is "they're right in front of you and can open very large doors"

Answer: knockers.

Then she tries to guess the next one "you sit on it but you can't take it with you". Bond tells her the answer later on.
    i'm alan partridge first series Is as good as anything. think you picked one of the worst austin powers clips Lol
    i'm alan partridge first series Is as good as anything. think you picked one of the worst austin powers clips Lol

1. That's from The Day Today, not I'm Alan Partridge.
    2. "i'm alan partridge first series Is as good as anything"? You must be joking.
    3. It's not like there are any Austin Powers clips that are really that amazing. They're all crappy.