Curious line of dialogue in Thunderball

edited January 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,661
There's a line of dialogue in Thunderball that I've never understood.

Bond is at Shrublands health clinic and on the telephone to Moneypenny. He wants her to check out the design of a tattoo.

Moneypenny says

"Sorry, sweetie, you're off duty. File it to you get back."

Bond (a bit peeved) says

"Moneypenny, next time I see you, I'll put you across my knee."

And Moneypenny replies

"On yogurt and lemon juice? I can hardly wait."

Anyone have any idea what she meant by "On yogurt and lemon juice?"

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 562
    She meant that it wouldn't be much of a spanking due to Bond's weakened condition from eating nothing but yoghurt, lemon juice, and the like during his time at Shrublands.
  • it was a mixture to get rid of spots in the counterculture of the late 60s. So to me it means Moneypenny had a moon surfaced bottom.

Or it could be what agent005 said, probably.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited January 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Agent005 wrote:
    She meant that it wouldn't be much of a spanking due to Bond's weakened condition from eating nothing but yoghurt, lemon juice, and the like during his time at Shrublands.

Thank you, because I couldn't understand it either.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,661
    Agent005 wrote:

Wow - I never realized that! Yes, that makes sense. Thanks. :) Had the internet never existed I would have gone though my entire life not knowing what that line meant! If you don't think about the meaning it does sound weird but yes, your explanation makes perfect sense. I just couldn't make the connection.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 4,762
    Yeah, that line never made much sense to me either. Good thing Agent005 is here to keep us informed! As a suggestion, this should be re-titled into "The Confusing Lines Thread."

I think he deserves a Bond badge! ;)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited January 2012 Posts: 1,699
    The most curious - and easly the most (unintentionally) funny - line of dialogue in TB is when Bond tells Pinder to inform Felix that Paula is dead (whose body Bond has just found), to which Pinder says 'OK' as if he absolutely couldn't care less. It's priceless...
    St_George wrote:
    The most curious - and easly the most (unintentionally) funny - line of dialogue in TB is when Bond tells Pinder to inform Felix that Paula is dead (whose body Bond has just found), to which Pinder says 'OK' as if he absolutely couldn't care less. It's priceless...

Hahaha, yeah that was weird! I always thought it was funny in the editing when Paula's line about taking the picture out when it was dry gets interrupted in mid-speech by the transition to the next scene. The music comes blaring in and we see Felix's helicopter before Paula even finishes her sentence!
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I always thought it was funny when Felix shows up at Bond's door, and the dialog goes as follows:

Felix: Well, hello Double oh----

PUNCH

Then a minute later, right in front of the bad guy:

Bond: Oh sorry about that Felix but you were right about to say 'Double O Seven.'

Untitled-1.jpg
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited January 2012 Posts: 3,262
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

Wow - I never realized that! Yes, that makes sense. Thanks. :) Had the internet never existed I would have gone though my entire life not knowing what that line meant! If you don't think about the meaning it does sound weird but yes, your explanation makes perfect sense. I just couldn't make the connection.

It's taken from some dialogue in the original Fleming novel where Bond speaks to Miss Moneypenny after being ordered by M to head to Shrublands.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

It's taken from some dialogue in the original Fleming novel where Bond speaks to Miss Moneypenny after being ordered by M to head to Shrublands.
    In the TB novel? Or another Fleming?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I always thought it was funny when Felix shows up at Bond's door, and the dialog goes as follows:

PUNCH

Bond: Oh sorry about that Felix but you were right about to say 'Double O Seven.'

Untitled-1.jpg

I watched TB last night and thought the samething. What would it matter if Felix would've said 007? BTW that pic is awesome! =))
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 5,767
    Best Felix ever!
    it was a mixture to get rid of spots in the counterculture of the late 60s. So to me it means Moneypenny had a moon surfaced bottom.
    I´m sorry, but what does ´moon faced bottom´ mean?

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It means spots and a rough-looking surfaced buttocks.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

In the TB novel.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    fanbond123 wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:

In the TB novel.
    Ahhhh ok. Makes sense now.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 4,622

PUNCH

Untitled-1.jpg
    I see your point, and it is funny, but if I may nitpick, and I am nitpicking, Bond may have preferred that the unknown-intruder not know his precise identity, until Bond knew who he was actually dealing with. Clearly though, once the intruder was subdued and sized-up as a small fish, Bond didn't care what he knew.

Maybe Bond punched Felix because on set Sean didn't know who the hell walked through the set's door and he gave the man a good punch in case he held malicious intent. Sean didn't know yet another new actor was playing Felix. You never know. :))