Thunderball with John Barry's 'Deep Sea Rescue' end titles music

edited January 2012 in Fan Creations Posts: 1,661
The original US theatrical release of Thunderball featured John Barry's Deep Sea Rescue end titles music. The UK version featured the Dr No James Bond theme - as does the Bluray release. I replaced it with the Deep Sea Rescue music. I took the music from from the 30th Anniversary James Bond album track: Thunderball Suite.

Clip is 720p high definition with stereo sound.

Comments

• edited January 2012 Posts: 1,817
    The music of this version is much more consistent with the whole soundtrack and it fitts absolutely better the images. I think it wasn't Barry's decision but the editors'. An unfortunate one...
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,661
    I think it's the original music that Barry wanted to use? I think so because it was the end score on the Thunderball Suite featured on the 30th Anniversary James Bond album. According to what I read on the net, the US theatrical release featured this music but the UK version didn't. I don't know why. The 1990s widescreen video version of Thunderball featured this music too.

I love both versions but yep, this version does fit with the rest of Barry's wonderful Thunderball score. I love the final moments when you hear the "da da da! da da da!" notes. Classic John Barry Bond music.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wow, far better! I wish the original end credits could be found. They're no doubt wiped?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Wow, far better!

My thoughts exactly, it works so good.
  • quality thank you.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited January 2012 Posts: 2,630

At 4:14, It's the same version from a 1992 VHS release. It's without a doubt a better version.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Everything, the correct version of the film was put on DVD and the end credits theme wasn't! What happened EON?

What happened to the actual end credits? How come they are missing and when, why did that happen?
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,661
    The end credits are a mystery. Perhaps they were deliberately cut short. My tv recording of Thunderball from the 1980s also ends like this with an abrupt finish.

Does anyone think the end of Thunderball is amazing? It must have been incredible to watch it for the very first time back in 1965. The scene where the Disco Volante separates - amazing.
    It's said at the end of the complete credits it announced "James Bond will return in On Her Majesty's Secret Service". That would have been cool to see.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    fanbond123 wrote:
    The original US theatrical release of Thunderball featured John Barry's Deep Sea Rescue end titles music. The UK version featured the Dr No James Bond theme - as does the Bluray release. I replaced it with the Deep Sea Rescue music. I took the music from from the 30th Anniversary James Bond album track: Thunderball Suite.

Clip is 720p high definition with stereo sound.

Thanks, fanbond123. With all due respect to the classic Bond theme, that is how TB should end. The TB I videotaped of ABC's airings of it and the earlier VHS releases end the film properly this way. As stated above, it's far more consistent with the rest of John Barry's score as well.
    fanbond123 wrote:
    The end credits are a mystery. Perhaps they were deliberately cut short. My tv recording of Thunderball from the 1980s also ends like this with an abrupt finish.

Does anyone think the end of Thunderball is amazing? It must have been incredible to watch it for the very first time back in 1965. The scene where the Disco Volante separates - amazing.

I do. This final scene is my favorite ending to any Bond film.