Mr Whites Role & Rank In 'Quantum'

edited December 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 298
Forgive me if this has already been answered in the films or I'm completely ignorant to some key plot element. But what do we think of Mr White's status in the Quantum organisation. Being in two films, I think he may be very 'high up' in the ranks, a sort of right hand man to Quantums Blofeld 'equivalent'. I'm sure this we'll be answered in bond 24 or 25 assuming of course that EON don't scrap the whole Quantum thing completely.

Thoughts? Speculations?

(p.s) Didn't really know where this should go- so I though 'bond movies' would be okay??

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I think he's high up, but I'm assuming (based on the QoS video game) that he's under Guy Haines. I don't think he's a Largo (high ranking member of SPECTRE), but I do think he's up there.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I'm assuming he's pretty high up the ladder, considering he oversaw Le Chiffre's task of winning so many millions of dollars. Also, look at the shack he lives in. He's definitely up there.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    @jamesh101 you may want to change the topic title to something easier to understand such as 'Mr White's status in the Quantum organisation' for example, to give this topic it's fair chance to catch on. It may generate some very interesting discussion.

Also your avatar is EON copyrighted, so you'll have to change it to something else.

I think Mr. White is somewhere in the middle of the pack, hopefully Bond 24 will reveal more, or whenever Quantum may return.
    I like Mr White alot! I also too believe that he is high up in the Quantum organisation. He is cunning, ruthless, confident, objective, and unforgiving in getting the job done!

Eon will return to Quantum im sure? There is too much potentially there for them not to explore and i look forward to seeing more! But? Hopefully along with Mr White? More sinister villains and henchman!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I just want Quantum to return because I hate loose plot threads, and Quantum is one.
    I just want Quantum to return because I hate loose plot threads, and Quantum is one.

Just because Quantum doesn't feature in this movie doesn't mean that they won't pop up in another movie. That is like saying all crime is commited by Quantum and therefore 007 should solely aim for that organisation.
    But, if reception for Quantum of Solace is as bad as it seems to be here (which surprises me), and Skyfall does leaps and bounds better, EON might just see this as a sign that they need to drop Quantum, or risk another bad reception.
    But, if reception for Quantum of Solace is as bad as it seems to be here (which surprises me), and Skyfall does leaps and bounds better, EON might just see this as a sign that they need to drop Quantum, or risk another bad reception.

Quantum was not and is not the problem.

The writing was messy. and the direction. and the cinematography.

People didn't leave the movie going 'that movie sucked because of the organization it was about'

It has nothing to do with Quantum itself. Here's 2 examples of things being changed in one film because of the reception of another (regarding the title in some way). Solaris. Icarus in DAD was originally called Solaris (or so I've read), but was changed because of the bad reception of the film Solaris. Nemesis. Resident Evil Apocalypse had it's title changed because of the piss poor reception of the film Star Trek Nemesis.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 298
    @Samuel001 Done. My avatar, yes- I was wondering why it mysteriously disappeared, and then I re-uploaded it. Is there some sort of automatic detection or is it a mod duty?

Changed my avatar- is it okay- I mean not copyrighted or anything?? :-SS

Back to Quantum and that....Perhaps, although unlikely, EON will continue to use Quantum in their storylines when they have 'run out' of ideas. Almost like a sort of back up plan, insurance you could say. As the organisation has already been established, it would be useful as a quick and easy way of establishing a plot, although I don't feel that it should be...

Hmmmmmmmm :-?
    Icarus in DAD was originally called Solaris (or so I've read), but was changed because of the bad reception of the film Solaris.
    It was not changed because of the reception SOLARIS received. It was changed because SOLARIS was released. EON didn't want to create confusion between the two.
  • Before each time I enter this thread I half expect to see something involving Harvey Keitel from Reservoir Dogs

Somewhere down the track I got confused and believed that Mr White (Quantum) would be making a return for Skyfall, even though this third Craig episode has no real ties to the previous two films, but Jesper Christensen has said before he will not be returning for a third time so it's looks like it's as good an omission as he says it

I think that's all fair and good, so by that Quantum won't be involved either, Bond will be dealing with another organization or threat then

I'm going to assume that Skyfall will have a singular threat. No organizations, just one man and the people he pays to do his dirty work (plus the obligatory henchman).
  • From what I can ascertain It's about M's past that catches up with her and Craig's loyalty to her and the job even, MI6 is under siege from an hitherto unknown source and Craig must hunt down the perpetrators and take them out more or less, sorry if that's stating the obvious but thats about the size of it, still some plot holes to fill in and work to be concluded
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Jesper Christensen has said before he will not be returning for a third time so it's looks like it's as good an omission as he says it

He was misquoted and I believe is open to returning when the time is right.
    If Sean Connery can return after OHMSS? Im sure Jesper Christenson can?
  • And I hope he will return. Mr White was so great :)
    couldn't agree more librarian. Hopefully he will be back in bond 24?! [-O<
    Well, I could see White being sort of like a Largo, being the #2 guy to whoever is running Quantum. However, if he isn't that high up, than perhaps he is somewhere around a SPECTRE equivalent of a #5, like Kronsteen, though I don't really see Mr. White doing a lot of planning, but more of the guy who carries out the plan.
    Mr. White could come back for Bond 24. I felt he was under-used in QOS.
    I think Mr White and and should come back, just like Quantum of course. And back on topic, I always imagined him high enough in the hierarchy, some kind of chief executioner and field operator, the link between contractors like Le Chiffre and henchmen and the leaders.
    I see him a fixer in the organisation! B-)
    RogueAgent wrote:

He sure does it sometimes. But he is also above a mere executioner.
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Yep agreed. But he definately takes his orders from someone? He never directly takes part in the Tosca Opera house sequence from what we saw? So I do hope to see Quantum developed more in the next 2 movies? With more heavyweight actors/actresses in the roles. Fingers crossed anyway! [-O< Also hoping to see a memorable way of taking out JESPER'S Mr White as he is brilliant in the part. And to see be taken out by DC's Bond as we have seen DC take out the main villain full on!

White killed Le Chiffre.
    Greene was left in the desert to die.
    And we didn't see DC throw the knife into Silva.
    So lets see him dish it out on White please?!!!! He deserves a memorable death! :-bd
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 14,830
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Yep agreed. But he definately takes his orders from someone? He never directly takes part in the Tosca Opera house sequence from what we saw? So I do hope to see Quantum developed more in the next 2 movies? With more heavyweight actors/actresses in the roles. Fingers crossed anyway! [-O< Also hoping to see a memorable way of taking out JESPER'S Mr White as he is brilliant in the part. And to see be taken out by DC's Bond as we have seen DC take out the main villain full on!

White killed Le Chiffre.
    Greene was left in the desert to die.
    And we didn't see DC throw the knife into Silva.
    So lets see him dish it out on White please?!!!! He deserves a memorable death! :-bd

Oh he certainly deserve a memorable and gruesome death. Especially since after Blofeld he might be the most resilient Bond villain. And I do think there is a head to Quantum, I might be wrong but I don't think it is an organisation run by a committee.