The official Bond Game suggestion thread

LudsLuds MIA
edited July 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,986
<b>OFFICIAL RULES</b>
- All Games must be submitted in this list. All games which aren't submitted in here will be locked.
- At the time there won`t be concurrent games. This may change pending demand.
- At this time only Bond related games are permitted.

Date Posted/Suggested / Status / Game Subject and Type
<ul>
<li>2011-03-16     <b><font color=blue>Completed   </font></b><a href="/index.php?p=/discussion/503/the-visually-differing-gunbarrels-elimination-game">Gunbarrel Game</a>
<li>2011-03-16     <b><font color=blue>Completed   </font></b><a href="/index.php?p=/discussion/519/best-bond-girl-tournament">Bond Girl Game</a>
<li>2011-03-17     <b><font color=blue>Completed   </font></b><a href="/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/10077#Comment_10077">The Bond Villain Weapons Elimination Game</a>
<li>2011-03-23     <b><font color=green>Active         </font></b><a href="/index.php?p=/discussion/1101/henchman-tournament-starting-saturday#Item_7">Henchmen Elimination Game</a>
<li>2011-03-23     <b><font color=orange>Proposed     </font></b><a href="">Film Elimination Game</a>
<li>2011-06-02     <b><font color=orange>Proposed     </font></b><a href="">Best Bond Poster Game</a>
<li>2011-06-03     <b><font color=orange>Proposed     </font></b><a href="">Favourite Bond track Game</a>
<li>2011-06-18     <b><font color=orange>Proposed     </font></b><a href="">Best Quotes Game</a>
</ul>

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As suggested in the gun barrel thread, doing an elimination game with the nine entries could be a good place to start as well as being quite simple.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Quoting Samuel001: As suggested in the gun barrel thread, doing an elimination game with the nine entries could be a good place to start as well as being quite simple.
    That's actually a pretty good one.
    @DiscoVolante

Plus something I don't think was ever done before. I'd rather that than redo what's gone before right away.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    As the creator of that gunbarrel thread I'd certainly be honored if we could start out our official games with that one first.

As @Samuel001 mentioned there are only 9 entries (for each visually differing gunbarrel), so ranking by score is pretty much impossible except for Daniel's 2 gunbarrels, but we've already done a gunbarrel elimination game with all 22 films so it would be a repeat to do that anyway. I'm game if everyone wants to do that one first!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting Bond: As @Samuel001 mentioned there are only 9 entries (for each visually differing gunbarrel), so ranking by score is pretty much impossible except for Daniel's 2 gunbarrels, but we've already done a gunbarrel elimination game with all 22 films so it would be a repeat to do that anyway. I'm game if everyone wants to do that one first!
    We had one on the old board for all of them since there are difference, if not only for the music. But anyhow, I'll wait a bit until we have a few more suggestions and then we'll kick some off.
    To clarify, I was only talking about the design of each gun barrel, that's all. Music was not part of my plan for that game.

I'll see what else I can think up.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Let's re-visit the Bond Girl game. It was ran terribly when it was done a while back. There was about 80-90 women in the +1/-1 format. Really should have been a 1 on 1 elimination game.

There was Fieldsman's scene scoring game, however, it seemed it wasn't ever going to end. We could finish/restart it properly.

Otherwise, I can't think of anything original, so I'll defer to St. George's brilliance.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I may have another up my sleeve for, hmmm, for the summer - we'll see... :-ss
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @Kerim, @St_George, I'm thinking Georgie could start up a nice Women's League ;)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 19,339
    I had the MI6 office elimination game but i forgot to transfer it.I knew there was one that i missed.
    Here is my Bond Villain Weapon Elimination Game we can try again,an updated and slightly changed version :

Doctor No's tarantula (DN) : 5
    Rosa Klebb's poison shoe (FRWL) : 5
    Oddjob's hat (GF) : 5
    Largo's shark pool and cover (TB) : 5
    SPECTRE'S poison string (YOLT) : 5
    Blofeld's Angels of Death (OHMSS) : 5
    Wint and Kidd's Bombay Suprise (DAF) : 5
    Tee Hee's mechanical arm (LALD) : 5
    Scaramanga's golden gun (TMWTGG) : 5
    Stromberg's motorbike side-car bomb (TSWLM) : 5
    Drax's Dobermans (MR) : 5
    Kristatos's attack submarine (FYEO) : 5
    The Buzz-saw (OP) : 5
    Mayday's butterfly rod (AVTAK) : 5
    Necros's exploding milk bottles (TLD) : 5
    Sanchez's Army (LTK) : 5
    Onatopps crushing thighs (GE) : 5
    Carver's remote control drill (TND) : 5
    Renard's parahawks (TWINE) : 5
    Colonel Moon's hovercraft (DAD) : 5
    Le Chiffre's poisonous 'Vesper' cocktail (CR) : 5
    Quantum's Alpha Romeo assassins (QOS) : 5

i agree about the gunbarell tournament idea.
    @barryt007 why all weapons have 5? i think from all those weapons i like oddjob hat and the golden gun.not for something special but they are signature of their movies and can be easily remembered even by non-bond fans
    The '5' is the amount of points each weapon starts with.You then,once per day,add one point to one of the ones you like and minus a point from the one you dont like,eventually there will only be one left - the winner.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,347
    @Luds, I think you don't mind putting a test game up to see how it goes.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    2011-03-17     Active     The Bond Villain Weapons Elimination Game
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited June 2011 Posts: 2,630
    How about a Bond henchman game?

Do all of the major henchman and stick it onto a bracket.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @AgentJamesBond007 Added in the list!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Are we doing only one henchman per film? There's quite a few henchman not listed that should also be considered.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting Kerim: Are we doing only one henchman per film? There's quite a few henchman not listed that should also be considered.
    Up to the game originator I suppose, he certainly can add more if he wishes. However, too many names make for never-ending elimination games... Perhaps a bracket tournament would be preferable in that case.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    @Kerim who else should I add to this list? I would love to gest suggestions
  • This is a new board with many new members-- I think it would be cool to do a straight up Bond film elim game relatively soon. I'm curious to see what the overall board sensibilities are at this point.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Well just to name a few: Vargas (TB), Helga Brandt (YOLT), Grunther (OHMSS), Shady Tree (DAF), Whisper (LALD), Baron Samedi (LALD), Adam (LALD), Sandor (TSWLM), etc. But again too many of them make elimination games just too long so another format could be ideal...

@GeorgeLazenby Sure thing sir, adding it in the queue.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 503
    Instead of all 22 gunbarrels, here's one with just the visually differing gunbarrels. Unfortunately you can't really consider the musical score in this game (except for OHMSS, CR & QOS) but it makes things a bit more immediate and head-to-head.

Stripped down Gunbarrel Elimination Game:

1. Bob Simmons — 5
    2. Sean Connery — 5
    3. George Lazenby — 5
    4. Roger Moore, TAKE 1 (1973-1974) — 5
    5. Roger Moore, TAKE 2 (1977-1985) — 5
    6. Timothy Dalton — 5
    7. Pierce Brosnan (1995-1999) — 5
    8. Pierce Brosnan (DAD) — 5
    9. Daniel Craig (CR) — 5
    10. Daniel Craig (QOS) — 5
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,986
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I have a proposal: I don't think I've seen this one before:

"The Best of the Bond film movie posters"

Each of the 22 EON have had pretty iconice posters--especially during the Connery-Laz-Moore era. A common theme seems to be Bond surrounded by a couple of generically voluptuous women who weren't even featured in the movie, or elements that weren't in the final creation (the frogmen in the DAF poster for example).

Anyhow thought it might be fun if you are still accepting game suggestions

Thanks!
    Though we know which are the better of the posters, it seems like a great idea that could be used for two games. The teaser and theatrical posters.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I agree, great suggestion @JBFan626. Ping me if I forget to update the list, I'll pass for now since I'm very busy with work.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Proposal: Votes (non-elimination) on favorite Bond tracks? Say I run the game (read : could I run the game ?) , and every 2/3 days (the forum is quite active now) we could vote on a Bond track ! I suggest a big shuffle mode (no 10 Barry tracks in a row)... And I could always link to the song's youtube video, if someone doesn't have the soundtrack, like we did on MI6Forums.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Noted both. Sure thing @DC you could run such a game, you can decide how the nomination process would go, either people listing a bunch and take say 50, or you come up with a list, etc. And then how to have the game, could be a league, like St_George likes to run, or a bracket tourney, even elimination game although it's refreshing not to have those all the time...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Ok @Luds - by tomorrow I should have a list of tracks. :-bd Will think of a clever way of doing the game.