Bond girl Lana Wood talks about new investigation over Natalie's death

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited November 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
Police this week announced that they were reopening an investigation in to the death of Natalie Wood following new information being given by the boat's captain 30 years since the incident. Wood died under mysterious circumstances on November 28th 1981 when she vanished overboard from a yacht with husband Robert Wagner and fellow actor Christopher Walken.

Now, her sister Lana Wood has said (in an unattributed interview republished by the <a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/philip-sherwell/8901882/I-cant-believe-that-Robert-Wagner-would-hurt-my-sister-Natalie-on-purpose-Lana-Wood.html"; target="_blank">Daily Mail</a>) she believes that that Wagner was not responsible for Natalie's death. Lana played Plenty O'Toole in the 1973 James Bond film "Diamonds Are Forever".

Lana said, "I cannot ever believe that [Wagner] would purposefully do something to hurt her. I believe it was drink and people being out of control and not thinking clearly and just high emotions. In this case, it would be an accident, but the truth was never told. Natalie hated the water. She had a great fear of it. She didn't go into her own swimming pool at home."

Lana has lead a campaign for years for a new inquiry into her sister's fate. Asked if she believed that Wagner should be punished if he knowingly left Natalie in the water, she said: "If that's the case, he's probably been punished all these years as that would be a hell of a thing to live with. I just want to know once and for all. Natalie was a wonderful person and she deserves the truth and she deserves to rest."

Comments

• Wow. All the news I've seen on this, and I never even considered Natalie would be related to Lana. A bizarre and tragic tale, although Lana seems to have a strong grip on the situation.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So the boat captain suddenly has new information on the accident?? Sounds fishy, no pun intended.
    It quite a coincident All the Bond stars. Robert Wagner later dated The main Bond girl Jill St. John after years Natalie death. Christopher Walken starred with Sean Connery in <i>The Anderson Tapes<i/>. Yell I find very Tragic. Well what ever it is good luck Lana.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So the boat captain suddenly has new information on the accident?? Sounds fishy, no pun intended.

My thoughts too. I bet the media will make sure we get all the juicy details in time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agent7F wrote:
    It quite a coincident All the Bond stars. Robert Wagner later dated The main Bond girl Jill St. John after years Natalie death. Christopher Walken starred with Sean Connery in <i>The Anderson Tapes<i/>. Yell I find very Tragic. Well what ever it is good luck Lana.

And Chris was Zorin in AVTAK.
    DarthDimi wrote:

My thoughts too. I bet the media will make sure we get all the juicy details in time.

I'm glad to hear I am not the only one. This seems to always happen. A person or persons at the scene of an accident or mysterious event finally break their silence decades past the point of remembrance for many involved. Probably for money or attention, which is sad for Natalie and her memory.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Fingers crossed something news comes to light over this. Strange and rather spooky, especially with all the Bond references...
  • Witness on another boat said she could hear a woman struggling in the water.

Ship's captain says death is 'linked to an argument' she had with actor husband Robert Wagner.

Ms Wood's sister claims Natalie hated water as she believed she would meet her death by drowning.

Autopsy revealed two dozen bruises on her body.

Police may use new DNA technology in a new investigation into the death.

If they were both drugged up and boozed up out of their minds and one ended up dead...would you blame either one of the parties?

I don't know. The bit I didn't like is that he and Jill were an item whilst Nat was still around and that has a slight whiff to it.

Agent7F wrote:

Also, Lana Wood's character, Plenty, dies of drowning in DAF. Eerie.

Buy ultimately sad, very sad. Hopefully Lana and Natalie will find some piece through it all.

JBFan626 wrote:
    Agent7F wrote:

Also, Lana Wood's character, Plenty, dies of drowning in DAF. Eerie.

Buy ultimately sad, very sad. Hopefully Lana and Natalie will find some piece through it all.

I never thought of that! And it is weird that Lana was in DAF with Jill who later became Robert's paramour at the time of Natalie's death. Very eerie, all these Bond connections!
    It was his alter ego Max who did it.....its like Jekyll and Hyde to him *chuckles*

Her coat weighed like 20 pounds and she couldnt swim.......maybe it was slippery or something.