Goldeneye Reloaded - #16 UK Gaming Charts

HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
edited November 2011 in 007 Gaming Posts: 4,399
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/uk-charts-battlefield-3-holds-on/087176

Ouch... still being outsold by Lego Pirates and Michael Jackson : The Experience?.. yikes... that can't be good.

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The King of Pedophiles will always beat whatever he's competing with. Too many people think it's a tragedy that he's dead. I'm not sure about Lego Pirates, though. Never played it, and probably won't.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2011 Posts: 13,350
    That's not the best of starts...things could improve from here.
    Too many things need patched and it was also released between BF3 and COD MW3....so this was to be expected. I'd imagine Christmas time should get a few more copies sold.
    The adverts on TV do make note of the Christmas theme with M's voiceover mentioning something along the lines of "we know what everyone will have on their Christmas list's this year". So hopefully you're right @YELARAKA and this tactic pays off.
    From what I heard only 51,000 copies sold in the first week of release on XBOX 360 and just over 30,000 copies on PS3.....compare that to Call of Duty MW3 which has already sold over 9 million copies from pre-orders and first week purchases.

Goldeneye for the Wii sold about 90,000 copies in it's first week of release. Basically this is not looking good.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2011 Posts: 15,686
    Yes, seems like very bad numbers. Maybe that's what you get when you release a port of a game at full price.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Not only that, but that kind of video game quality is expected on the PS3 and 360, whereas a quality FPS on the Wii was unheard of last year.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    "GoldenEye 007: Reloaded", the latest videogame under the James Bond license from Activision for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, has fallen out of the UK Top 40 'all games, all platform' chart in the UK in its third week of release. It made its debut at #16, and slipped to #24 last week.

On the platform specific charts, "Reloaded" dropped to #20 from #10 last week, after debuting at #8 on the Playstation 3. Over on the Xbox 360, the figures were worse: sliding down to to #30 from #16 last week. It debuted at #10.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    ugh.... i would hate to say it...

but maybe it's time Bond take a year or 2 off from the gaming world.... its obvious the public wants no part of the games anymore...

it's either that, or the absolutely lousy advertising for this game.... i did not see one commercial - not 1.
    It's the marketing and timing. Bond CAN sell well, but not if Activision keeps doing what they're doing
    Well it was a stupid time for a release anyway. They should have waited until the new year.
    Also it's the game. They rereleased the Wii game, and frankly it felt more like Call of Duty than ever before. COD games are normally great, but doesn't fit the Bond universe.

Look how QoS (the game) turned out. I absolutely hate it. The strange part is is that my favourite Bond game of this generation is Blood Stone, while it got the worst scores.
  • I love BloodStone waaay more than GoldenEye so far. But I'm not that far into GoldenEye yet so we'll see
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    after playing more of the multiplayer... i feel left cold on one issue - and that is the lack of creative, and Bond inspired levels.... i know the levels are based on locations in the game... - but a little more diversity would be nice..

Activision is not releasing any DLC for the game either - at least at the current moments, no plans are made to.... judging from the sales, they likely wont ever... but again, i thought that would be the right time, considering the 50th is coming up to release a map pack, that included some levels based on locations from the older films (as i've stated in earlier posts that I would like to see).. like The Liparus from TSWLM, Drax's Space Station from MR, Fort Knox from GF, and Blofeld's volcano lair from YOLT.
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 127
    I would have to disagree about the diversity of the online maps. I think one of the strong points in multiplayer is the wide variety and different themes of each map. What other game are you gonna get a Nightclub, Facilty, Outpost, Plant, Solar, Peak, Docks, Archives, Jungle, Sewers, Memorial, Carrier, Indutrial and Station to choose from? And I love what they did with each map. The big problem I see is the lag and frame rate that is not acceptable for a HD console and will not allow it to compete with the top games. If they were to release just 1 patch that fixed a few of the minor issues and improved lag it would go a long way.

And actually DLC has already been released....you can now get Pussy Galore as a Classic Character. I have heard that there is more to come as well.
  • tqbtqb
    is it fun?
  • edited November 2011 Posts: 127
    Personally...I have fun playing it and I plan on playing Reloaded for a very long time. But as I can see from a lot of posts on many different forums I visit it is really a matter of your own opinion. Rent it I guess.

Here read this review....skip down to the part about multi-player as I think this guy says it best. If you can get past some of the issues it is a really fun game.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/goldeneye-007-reloaded-review/

I was able to give the online sometime and was able to look past some of the imperfections. Yeah there are a few things but the foundation of online is a lot of fun.
    Activision made Quantum as well so a map pack featuring the most popular ones would be a good DLC release.
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    i just saw that they released Pussy Galore as DLC... kind of a lateral release IMO, not sure if I would ever use her.. I would rather have Drax, but that may stay as a ps3 exclusive..

but like i was saying - i don't hate the current maps, but I think after a while, they get to be kind of repetitive and dull... thats why i would love to see some eventual DLC that had maps based from some of the older movies..

another mode I wish they would release for this, maybe as DLC, or a patch - is the ability to play the game with the N64 score... imagine how cool it would've been on the Dam level, that maybe once after the bit where the truck gets flipped, and you knock off the guards from the elevator, you heard this kick in...

(or least an updated version of it)... that was part of what made Goldeneye, it's sound.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 127
    I still 100% disagree....the game has been out 1 month and 14 maps to choose from is a pretty high number. What system are you playing it on and what is your in game name?

I played the Wii version for a year non-stop and I still find the maps on reloaded to be fun. Did you play the Wii version at all, if so then I can see you being somewhat tired of the same maps since you would have played most of them already. Also if you only use shotgun then the game would become kind of a drag....I rarely use it myself and find the game to be more challenging. I think you might wanna think about switching up your play style and running with different weapons/gadgets to keep things fresh. This should change your overall approach of each map. If you are finding it dull already though I think you might wanna start looking for a new game.

With that said I still like your idea of more maps....they are always welcome :)
    YELARAKA wrote:
    I still 100% disagree....the game has been out 1 month and 14 maps to choose from is a pretty high number. What system are you playing it on and what is your in game name?

I played the Wii version for a year non-stop and I still find the maps on reloaded to be fun. Did you play the Wii version at all, if so then I can see you being somewhat tired of the same maps since you would have played most of them already. Also if you only use shotgun then the game would become kind of a drag....I rarely use it myself and find the game to be more challenging. I think you might wanna think about switching up your play style and running with different weapons/gadgets to keep things fresh. This should change your overall approach of each map. If you are finding it dull already though I think you might wanna start looking for a new game.

With that said I still like your idea of more maps....they are always welcome :)

well i've been banned from Xbox Live until December 8th - for being bad again ;-) lol - i dont see why it's such a shock, 95% of the people who've played me end up avoiding me lol..

it's just been something i've wanted to see in Bond game since multiplayer was established... if they can license previous characters - i would like to see them bring previous locations from the films into the mix and DLC Maps..

another one I just thought of, would be SPECTRE Island from FRWL... imagine that whole training area, the mansion, and that hedge maze as areas to battle in... even if it was limited to just the mansion and hedge maze - thats another area that would be interesting.

• edited December 2011 Posts: 127
    Well when you return hit me up for some games if you DARE!!! Top 5 on all the leaderboard rankings...well accept accuracy lol, Hipfiring 95% of the time leads to low accuracy :( My KDR is 2.70 at the moment (pretty sure that is 2nd highest in the game) and I just prestiged for the 4th time. I only use shotguns on 4-5 maps where it makes sense to use one....unlike some of the bums who rock it on every map. If you want I can give you a chance and only use Sigmus 9 :P If you are any good maybe I will give you a chance to join [RS]

Or maybe you were just emplying you run your mouth a lot so people avoid you lol.

You aren't a hacker are you?

Gamertag - YELARAKA
    no... but if people get on my nerves, i have no problem sending colorful messages - which politely tell them that i don't appreciate their voice lol...

honestly, 80% of that probably came from HALO... because it's too much fun betraying your own team and getting booted lol.
  • HASEROT wrote:
    i just saw that they released Pussy Galore as DLC... kind of a lateral release IMO, not sure if I would ever use her.. I would rather have Drax, but that may stay as a ps3 exclusive..

but like i was saying - i don't hate the current maps, but I think after a while, they get to be kind of repetitive and dull... thats why i would love to see some eventual DLC that had maps based from some of the older movies..

another mode I wish they would release for this, maybe as DLC, or a patch - is the ability to play the game with the N64 score... imagine how cool it would've been on the Dam level, that maybe once after the bit where the truck gets flipped, and you knock off the guards from the elevator, you heard this kick in...

(or least an updated version of it)... that was part of what made Goldeneye, it's sound.

Find the score online. Burn it to a CD. Upload the CD to the Xbox. It is what I did. And it is cool.
    NOT HAPPY

A couple of months ago a container ship "Rena" ran aground off the coast of NZ, the containers are only now just coming off, but customs are holding them.... Guess what ship has 90% of the NZ supply of GE:RL on it!!!!!!!! :-((
    I love BloodStone waaay more than GoldenEye so far. But I'm not that far into GoldenEye yet so we'll see

Good to see some love for Bloodstone! Apart from the glorious Nightfire, it's the real Bond experience! I always feel like I'm inside a Bond movie with Bloodstone, whether it's the great 3rd Person shooting or the flawless driving levels!
    edited December 2011 Posts: 4,399
    00Beast wrote:
    I love BloodStone waaay more than GoldenEye so far. But I'm not that far into GoldenEye yet so we'll see

Good to see some love for Bloodstone! Apart from the glorious Nightfire, it's the real Bond experience! I always feel like I'm inside a Bond movie with Bloodstone, whether it's the great 3rd Person shooting or the flawless driving levels!

games like Everything Or Nothing and Bloodstone, make me feel like I am playing a Bond movie...

games like Goldeneye Reloaded, make me feel like I am Bond...

i like both.. lol.