Berenice Marlohe

Comments

• edited September 2012 Posts: 533

But not like, say, Roger Moore's Bond. At worst he's a caricature and therefore someone I can't get into when watching on the screen. He always has an encyclopedic knowledge of everything, he can win any fight with people half his age and in far better shape than him, he can seduce any woman with a couple of lines, and he always makes jokes in the face of danger so there's no tension - the "Superman" (SuperBond?) that Spielberg spoke of. Because he often doesn't have to "work at" things there's less interest - I'm watching the character and the film instead being involved in it. This isn't true for every scene of every Moore film but I think I make the point.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this argument. Not by a long shot. And I do get tired of fans insisting that Moore was responsible for Bond being a caricature. Connery took the character down that road long before Moore picked up the mantle. Yet, both actors also managed to portray Bond as a human being.

What the hell is European actress with "classic" looks? What the hell does that mean?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DRush76 wrote:

But not like, say, Roger Moore's Bond. At worst he's a caricature and therefore someone I can't get into when watching on the screen. He always has an encyclopedic knowledge of everything, he can win any fight with people half his age and in far better shape than him, he can seduce any woman with a couple of lines, and he always makes jokes in the face of danger so there's no tension - the "Superman" (SuperBond?) that Spielberg spoke of. Because he often doesn't have to "work at" things there's less interest - I'm watching the character and the film instead being involved in it. This isn't true for every scene of every Moore film but I think I make the point.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this argument. Not by a long shot. And I do get tired of fans insisting that Moore was responsible for Bond being a caricature. Connery took the character down that road long before Moore picked up the mantle. Yet, both actors also managed to portray Bond as a human being.

What the hell is European actress with "classic" looks? What the hell does that mean?

If you have classic looks it means you have the look of women from the 40s and 50s. Basically Marilyn Monroe, Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth, Katharine Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman, Elizabeth Taylor, Sophia Loren and so on. You know, BACK WHEN FAMOUS WOMEN WERE NATURAL!

Bérénice has that sultry look that is quite magnetic, so she is indeed natural in her assets and floor you with her stare and by moving across the room. See Eva Green for another present day example, or if you have a dictionary, go to "perfect" for her photo if computer isn't at hand. :\">
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    :X
    STUPID DOUBLE POST
  • You know, BACK WHEN FAMOUS WOMEN WERE NATURAL!

More famous women are "natural" than not.
    You know, BACK WHEN FAMOUS WOMEN WERE NATURAL!

Sure doesn't feel like it.
  • You know, BACK WHEN FAMOUS WOMEN WERE NATURAL!

Most of the fake ones are just people like Katie Price, the Kardashians or those slags from New Jersey who are on TV, and they get more exposure. Most actresses are natural.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited September 2012 Posts: 2,635

Yeah, but Bérénice is one of those natural, I can see. Along with her are good names like Rachel Weisz, Olga Kurylenko, Katherine Heigl, Sandra Bullock, etc..

I may be wrong with one of those above.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Yeah, but Bérénice is one of those natural, I can see. Along with her are good names like Rachel Weisz, Olga Kurylenko, Katherine Heigl, Sandra Bullock, etc..

I think you are and I think it's the one I share name with ;) which is quite a shame since she looked lovely, now she just looks strange.
    Sandy wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I think you are and I think it's the one I share name with ;) which is quite a shame since she looked lovely, now she just looks strange.

Well hello, Katherine. :)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    ^^^ Nice.

What's "unnatural" about her?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    ^^^ Nice.

I was actually talking about Sandra Bullock (Sandy stands for Sandra) :-/
    Sandy wrote:
    ^^^ Nice.

I was actually talking about Sandra Bullock (Sandy stands for Sandra) :-/

Katherine is suspected of having plastic surgery, so that's why I went there with it. There are all unnatural then...
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11
    Berenice Marlohe at the GQ Men of the Year Awards in London
    Sept 5, 2012

http://imgur.com/a/aw1sH#0

• Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    She is dead sexy. That is all.
    Her figure is amazing.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    f6f.gif
    DRush76 wrote:

This is sooooo on the money. Connery set the standard and Moore turned the character into a clown...LITERALLY.
    Disagree. Plenty of tension and suspense in the Moore movies. More than in those since i'd argue.
    Getafix wrote:
    Disagree. Plenty of tension and suspense in the Moore movies. More than in those since i'd argue.

Wrong thread.
    Just responding to the previous
  • Getafix wrote:

The Moore films have lots of tension and suspense, I agree.

It's kind of ironic how he used Bond dressed as a clown to take the piss out of the Moore films when it's one of the tensest scenes in the series.

Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to point that out.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote:

The Moore films have lots of tension and suspense, I agree.

It's kind of ironic how he used Bond dressed as a clown to take the piss out of the Moore films when it's one of the tensest scenes in the series.

Sorry for going off topic, just wanted to point that out.

Yep. Those who don't get the clown sequence and think it's some low point in the series aRe really missing out. For me it's one of the most poignant and powerful scenes in the whole series.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11
    Berenice Marlohe at the premiere of Skyfall in Royal Albert Hall in London
    October 23, 2012

http://imgur.com/a/oGW8J#0

5Cw3C.jpg
  • She looked stunning tonight in that dress.
    WHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMANWHATAWOMAN...
    Jaws wrote:
    Berenice Marlohe at the premiere of Skyfall in Royal Albert Hall in London
    October 23, 2012

http://imgur.com/a/oGW8J#0

5Cw3C.jpg

She is just an absolute GODESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x ^:)^