Berenice Marlohe

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Paloma Faith was also on St. Trinians. Funny...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    Why, does she have any Bond connections?
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Caterina is Solange right? I haven't seen her in anything since CR.
    And? I have, that's what I am saying.

I was just saying I hadn't.

Out of intrest, what have you seen her in?
    Since CR, she has done

St. Trinian's (2007) (which I think Gemma is in, no?)
    Il seme della discordia (2008)
    The Garden of Eden (2008)
    XIII (2009)
    Zen (2011)

I have seen clips of her from The Garden of Eden, and knew she got other work. It isn't that the Bond role cursed her, but it is the case of her getting more work in her native Italy than productions from America or properties like Bond that gave her exposure, so it comes off like she is washed up. Not the case.

If Caterina needs washing, I'll gladly volunteer. Of course, we'll need to get dirty first :D

@ Kerim- we share very similar humor, I think I needed a bib myself.

Sex in Bond movies is very tastefully done. I will never understand objections to how they have presented it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:
    Why, does she have any Bond connections?

None as far as I know. But her name often comes up when people discussed who should sing the Bond-theme (she is a personal favourite of mine).
    More recently she performed on the same BBC show where they premiered the trailer (she showed up right after MGW if I remember correctly). Just several coincidences! :)
    Am I right in thinking Berenice is of mixed European and Asian heritage? If so, does her character share the same background? She certainly looks a little east Asian in her eyes.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Getafix wrote:
    Am I right in thinking Berenice is of mixed European and Asian heritage? If so, does her character share the same background? She certainly looks a little east Asian in her eyes.

I think she is Asian in the film.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Getafix wrote:
    Am I right in thinking Berenice is of mixed European and Asian heritage?
    You would be right. According to Wikipedia:
    Bérénice is of mixed ancestry, daughter to a French mother and a Cambodian father.
    Getafix wrote:
    If so, does her character share the same background? She certainly looks a little east Asian in her eyes.
    From what we've seen, it would appear so. She may also have a touch of some other heritage.
    Is Silva also mixed. They seem to have done some dodgy makeup on his eyes.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,929
    As we know, Bardem is Spanish, but I read somewhere that 'Silva' is a common Portugese surname. There's not a great deal of info on him at the moment, so it's anyone's guess what nationality he actually is in the film.
    I keep on forgetting he is supposed to be from those Portuguese islands in the middle of the Atlantic.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 115
    Heineken new teaser video starring Bérénice Marlohe.

I received this from Heineken’s Global PR agency and here it is.....

th_Heineken-Bond-TeaserwithBerenice.jpg
    dunda wrote:

Thats the kinda lady i wanna meet on a train! :x
    Wow, I've been riding on the wrong trains it seems.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    dunda wrote:

She is my girl, MY GIRL!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    They even have her wearing a red dress like Eva had in her Heineken ad, which was 1000X times better.
  • yeah I received the same commercial from a PR firm.
    Downing a bottle at the Film Awards- and now starring in a beer ad? She can get hungover with me any day!

P.S. I've got plenty of liquor in the cabinet, Miss Marlohe. PM me!
  • They even have her wearing a red dress like Eva had in her Heineken ad, which was 1000X times better.

But Berenice is hotter :P
  • A matter of taste ;)
    I prefer Eva
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,929
    Eva either :P
  • Let's just all agree both look amazing :)
  • I uploaded it here.
    They even have her wearing a red dress like Eva had in her Heineken ad, which was 1000X times better.

But Berenice is hotter :P
    You should really get those cataracts checked out.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    jolearon wrote:
    I uploaded it here.

Thanks! The advert should be released a week today.
    If I was Naomi, I would be pretty pissed. Berenice is everywhere, Naomi nowhere to be seen. I wonder, why they choose to play it like this. Sure, Berenice might be prettier, but both are in the film and both should be featured in the marketing IMO.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Germanlady wrote:
    If I was Naomi, I would be pretty pissed. Berenice is everywhere, Naomi nowhere to be seen. I wonder, why they choose to play it like this. Sure, Berenice might be prettier, but both are in the film and both should be featured in the marketing IMO.

Well, for once it looks like I agree with you @Germanlady ;)

I think Naomi is also pretty hot and deserves some attention.

Germanlady wrote:

\:D/ This is going to be the start of a great friendship ;;)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 299
    Germanlady wrote:

It might have something to do with the character that Naomi is playing. We don't really know everything yet, so perhaps exposing them in this way makes some sense to EON.
    it's obvious Eve is going to be Moneypenny so they want it to be kept quiet.
  • Getafix wrote:
    it's obvious Eve is going to be Moneypenny so they want it to be kept quiet.

I really hope not. Moneypenny is a secretary, end of. She doesn't need a backstory of her being a field agent. How would they explain it? Maybe she's injured, but would a former field agent really end up working as a secretary? If she was injured, she'd probably have a desk job managing other agents or something.