Baby Driver (2017)

edited March 2017 in General Movies & TV Posts: 352
Trailer looks pretty great!! I greatly admire Kevin Spacey and Jon Hamm. Looks like we're going to have a great summer action caper film!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=z2z857RSfhk

Comments

That is poor taste matey as their may well be loss of life?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sorry, but I don't find an attack on a democratic institution a laughing matter...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39355940
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 352
    It's been awhile since I've seen a pretty good caper film. The Ocean's series was excellent. Rest in Peace, Bernie Mac.
    Making light of darkness is what makes humor good for the soul
    Not when this is literally unfolding as we speak.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited March 2017 Posts: 4,151
    Shocking news really. Hope all are ok. Scary stuff.
    Good guys win at the end of the day.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    A car has plowed into 5 people on Westminster Bridge and a man tried to break into Parliament and stabbed a policeman before being shot dead by Secret Service agents,so far.

Parliament is in lockdown.I work around the corner.

And @joshdeese93 what you said is disgusting .
    Josh? You need to take a serious look at yourself as with this thread and the way you are acting on it? Is gonna lose you a lot on this forum!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2017 Posts: 7,969
    Yeah, there is a fine line in comedy, but I think this is quite distasteful.
    Forgive me for being numb to this sort of thing, growing up in America, where things like this happen routinely.

It's bad to joke about it when it's unfolding, but ok to joke about it 10 years from now? Get off your high horse...
    I have a friend who works at the Houses Of Parliament. I truly hope that he's ok. This is terrifying.
    Its made me so angry,but I think my countries zero tolerance policy has paid off today.We seem to have acted quick and contained the situation,there are police and police armed helicopters all over the place at the moment.
    I hope everyone is ok, too. Obviously, I didn't mean any ill-will in hoping that any innocent people or law enforcement officers are hurt.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Its made me so angry,but I think my countries zero tolerance policy has paid off today.We seem to have acted quick and contained the situation,there are police and police armed helicopters all over the place at the moment.

I'm with you there Barry. Very quick response by the looks of it. Hope the officer injured is ok.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Horrible News !

Zero tolerance policy of what?

I'm with you there Barry. Very quick response by the looks of it. Hope the officer injured is ok.

I haven't heard anything yet but fingers crossed...at least we killed the son-of-a-bitch that stabbed him.

I certainly wish the United States would implement more restrictive gun control in the country. My father's been a police officer for 45 years (as of 2 days ago), and he still can't understand why this is such an issue. I feel the U.S. would do well to follow the U.K.'s/Europe's example.

I certainly with the United States would implement more restrictive gun control in the country. My father's been a police officer for 45 years (as of 2 days ago), and he still can't understand why this is such an issue. I feel the U.S. would do well to follow the U.K.'s/Europe's example.

I disagree, but thats a different matter.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    We have shut Westminster Underground station,clever thinking.

And im hearing un-confirmed reports that NOBODY has died.maybe up to 12 injured,but its early days....as I said,fingers crossed.
    We also have ambulances on standby at locations (eg Scotland Yard) ,just in case.

I'm really really impressed with how quick,deadly and efficient we have been here.
    It's almost impossible to stop the attacks where they aim cars and lorries into crowds. Sickening how often these events are happening around Europe.
    The London Eye has been closed now and is under guard.
    Yes, certainly quick stuff so every credit flour services in, so far, dealing with this extremely efficiently.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    vzok wrote: »
    It's almost impossible to stop the attacks where they aim cars and lorries into crowds. Sickening how often these events are happening around Europe.
    This is exactly the point. The only way to have a true 'zero tolerance' policy is a police state. It is inevitable eventually, unless the source of this kind of thing is stamped out. How to do that is the question.

This incident reminds me of something similar which happened in the Canadian capital about 3 - 4 years ago.
    33a8e7a4-6bc8-456a-9a71-57ec96b9def9.jpg

Breaking :This is a terrorist incident until we know otherwise - Met

This has just been issued by the Met:

"People are asked to avoid Parliament Square; Whitehall; Westminster Bridge; Lambeth Bridge; Victoria Street up to the junction with Broadway and the Victoria Embankment up to Embankment Tube.

"This is to allow the emergency services to deal with the ongoing incident.

Officers - including firearms officers - remain on the scene and we are treating this as a terrorist incident until we know otherwise

St Thomas's hospital locked down now as well,as a precaution.
    Theresa May, the prime minister, is safe according to reports.

The Guardian reports it has seen a video in which she was rushed in to a car 40 yards from the gates outside Parliament where shots were fired minutes after the incident occurred.

She was ushered by at least eight armed undercover police, some with their firearms drawn, into a waiting black vehicle in Speaker’s Court.

Loud bangs can be heard in the background as she is is ushered in to a car, but it is unclear whether the bangs are gunshots
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Scary scenes, looks like the incident has been contained well, hopefully that's the end of it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    If history is any guide, it will be some lone nut with issues & let's hope that's what it is. The scarier alternative is a coordinated strike, which means more could still transpire later in the day.
    bondjames wrote: »
    If history is any guide, it will be some lone nut with issues & let's hope that's what it is. The scarier alternative is a coordinated strike, which means more could still transpire later in the day.

Unfortunately,it was more than one.

This discussion has been closed.