Could we have a Bond film without a Bond girl?

edited March 2017 in Bond Movies Posts: 2
I was having a discussion with my brother and we started talking about the significance of the Bond Girls. I believe that Bond girls play an important part to the Bond films, they are strong-willed and resourceful. They are one of the many things that signify a Bond film. However my brother said he thinks there could be a Bond film without a Bond girl!

Just wanted to find out other people's opinions. Could there really be a Bond film with out a Bond girl?

Comments

Yes.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Yes.
    Do you really think so? I mean I know many of the women play passive roles with in the narrative. But take Goldfinger for example, Pussy Galore is the one who goes against Goldfinger and sabotages Operation Grandslam. Would of Goldfinger had been defeated if she wasn't there?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That'll kill the glamour of the Bond films if there are no Bond Girls around.
    There wasn't really a Bond girl in the second half of Skyfall.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ask yourself what exactly a Bond film is. It's a film series like no other; a genre unto itself and with that come certain prerequisites and one of those is the feature of a Bond girl. It doesn't matter if she's a femme fatale, a genuine love interest or a disposable piece of ass for Bond to skeet-skeet. You're not getting a Bond film without a Bond girl.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Milovy wrote: »
    I was about to say... we've already been there and done that, and interestingly ended up with the most financially successful Bond film since the 60's to boot.
  • Jazz007Jazz007 Minnesota
    edited March 2017 Posts: 257
    Technically you could make one without a Bond girl.... Fleming's Octopussy didn't have one if memory serves.... But I think since women are the source of Bond's greatest strength and weakness, it wouldn't make sense to not include one in the story. The women are part of what makes Bond complete for better or worse.
    Ell_1 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Yes.
    Do you really think so? I mean I know many of the women play passive roles with in the narrative. But take Goldfinger for example, Pussy Galore is the one who goes against Goldfinger and sabotages Operation Grandslam. Would of Goldfinger had been defeated if she wasn't there?

I didn't say it would be good ...
    I don't see why not? We have had Bond films without Q, Moneypenny, and Leiter!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondjames wrote: »
    I was about to say... we've already been there and done that, and interestingly ended up with the most financially successful Bond film since the 60's to boot.

QoS was awfully close. Fields wasn't around much and Camille doesn't count (does she?).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    TripAces wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

QoS was awfully close. Fields wasn't around much and Camille doesn't count (does she?).
    That's a good point actually.