Oscars 2017 : Place your bets !

13»

Comments

• Wouldn't it make the most sense to have both the category and the winner in giant bolded lettering? Since apparently the flub was that they were handed the wrong category card. In an ideal world, Faye and Warren would have seen "Best Supporting Actress" and waved to somebody off stage.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Wouldn't it make the most sense to have both the category and the winner in giant bolded lettering? Since apparently the flub was that they were handed the wrong category card. In an ideal world, Faye and Warren would have seen "Best Supporting Actress" and waved to somebody off stage.

The were given the wrong envelope. If you look really closely at the broadcast you can just make out the category name printed in gold on the front of the envelope.

I didn't have time to redesign the envelope as well, but my thinking is that it should be clear on the envelope, so you can instantly go 'Oh, shit wrong one' before you even open it. The fact that's is printed inside, as with the logo, I felt was more of a memento for the winner and not instructions to the presenter.

I know my redesign isn't perfect, but my point was, with category's that have a film title then list all the crew members receiving the award it becomes too cluttered. Presenters shouldn't have to read a slab of text just to figure it out who has one, which is what Warren seemed to be doing. "Emma Stone" should have been the largest text on that page, and presumably when Warren should it to Faye she would have questioned it to, and not simply thought he wanted to her read the winner.