James Bond's most juvenile moments?

Watching OP the scene in India whilst Bond is in Q's lab, when Bond Zoom's the camera on one of Q assistants cleavage is cringe worthy childish. Post other examples of Bonds juvenile behavior?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond goading Carver about the Devonshire at his event.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Murdock wrote: »
    Highly effective though it's easy for Bond to rile Carver, Carver certainly does not fit into the calm and collective villain category.

Side note: Carver mocking Martial arts is painful :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Highly effective though it's easy for Bond to rile Carver, Carver certainly does not fit into the calm and collective villain category.

Side note: Carver mocking Martial arts is painful :))

True, but it was just stupid of Bond to give himself away like that.
    True Bond just blurts it out I recall, been a while since I watched TND.
  • Brosnan throwing up the invisible car's instruction manual to get shot up always seemed more naff than cool. I'd place that in the 'juvenile Bond' category.
    I agree a juvenile act of dissent towards R perhaps.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    My vote goes to the rejected GoldenEye theme song.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    Driving the BMW off the top of the car park in TND and into a street full of civilians.

Totally stupid moment which no responsible human being would ever do. Pisses me off every time I see it!
    Tokoloshe wrote: »
    Driving the BMW off the top of the car park in TND and into a street full of civilians.

Totally stupid moment which no responsible human being would ever do. Pisses me off every time I see it!

Brosnan shows way too much glee, I could understand if the car rammed into a villains vehicle.

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

That's one of my favourite Brosnan scenes!

I love the way Bond really enjoys winding him up. You can see he really dislikes Carver!

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

One of the Brosnan movies worst moments.
  • Ha! I'm glad other people find that annoying. It's my most-watched Brozza Bond, but I can't watch that without thinking 'how does he know that shop was empty?'
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

One of the Brosnan movies worst moments.

I fully agree with both of you. It's just crass!
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Ha! I'm glad other people find that annoying. It's my most-watched Brozza Bond, but I can't watch that without thinking 'how does he know that shop was empty?'

Good point citizens could have been killed, maybe it was lunch time closing ;))
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Ha! I'm glad other people find that annoying. It's my most-watched Brozza Bond, but I can't watch that without thinking 'how does he know that shop was empty?'

Well, he did honk the horn. Clearly, that's all the safety procedure that would be required. :D
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    The bit in LTK where Bond briefly zones out during the life-or-death infiltration of the Wavekrest because Pam is taking her top off. Head in the game, 007.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    The bit in LTK where Bond briefly zones out during the life-or-death infiltration of the Wavekrest because Pam is taking her top off. Head in the game, 007.

:))

Don't say head to him at that point.
  • Talking about LTK, how about the hand-on-breast statue incident? I remember that getting the odd snigger in the cinema.
    Worth noting that The Naked Gun came out a year earlier:

• Wow, could well have been a cheeky reference!

Loved Naked Gun.

"Who are you, and how did you get in here?"
    "I'm a locksmith, and I'm a locksmith"
    It's probably my all-time favourite film, because I am twelve inside.

And now I'm imagining Judi Dench's M giving the Police Commissioner's "Entering without a search warrant...sexual assault with a concrete dildo..." speech.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    There's Bond lifting the Playboy centerfold in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

I can rationalize that he's got some idea to use it for a practical joke, but still.
    Playboy.PNG
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    George be like hehe..boobies.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    Some great points on here. I didn't think of the car off the parking lot incident and it is out of character to put civilians in harms way.

My immediate thought was the camera zoom in Octopussy. That to me was a bit OTT.

Would Bond and Lippe trying to out do each other at Shrublands count as juvenile? Bond didn't know Lippe was with Spectre and seemed to be just two boys fighting over the same girl.
    thedove wrote: »
    Some great points on here. I didn't think of the car off the parking lot incident and it is out of character to put civilians in harms way.

My immediate thought was the camera zoom in Octopussy. That to me was a bit OTT.

Would Bond and Lippe trying to out do each other at Shrublands count as juvenile? Bond didn't know Lippe was with Spectre and seemed to be just two boys fighting over the same girl.

If you read the Fleming book, there's a bit more to it than that. Bond suspects Lippe is up to something, and when Lippe injures Bond after he pries on him, Bond gets his revenge.

That's not too bad. It plays into the character that Bond essentially is. Distracted by beautiful women.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well there's a blast from the past. @jetsetwilly always good to see you.