Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Yo listen up here's a story _ about an iron guy that lives in a comics world _ and all day and all night and everything he sees _ is just iron like him inside and outside _ destroyed is his house with an iron little suit _ and a white audi _ and everything is dead for him and himself _ and everybody around _ 'cause he ain't got nobody to listen to" .
    Did You Spot The Fake Robert Downey Jr. In IRON MAN 3?
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=80085#LqvyI6l4ilPEmKkP.99
  • edited May 2013 Posts: 4,622
    I found Iron Man 3 to be a bit of a mess. Maybe I should have sprung for the 3d. I just found myself nodding off. Not actually, but more like not paying attention, just kind of absorbing the action, but not being terribly invested in the story. I find Downey Jr's continual glib remarking to get kinda repetitive. I dunno,maybe I wasn't in the right mood to see this film. I found it a bit of a downer. And I don't know what to make of the ending, but I really wasn't concentrating on what was going on. Looked pretty heavy though. I'm not sure Pepper will ever quite be the same. Maybe Ironman as well. Again, I don't know.
    Will have to try another viewing sometime on the home system, and this time try and pay attention.
    Do sit through the closing credits though. There's a bonus scene tagged on the end again.
    3 out of 5 stars. No more.
    Potential release date set for the Blu-Ray and DVD release. According to Screen Crush, Iron Man 3 will be making its way to home video on August 27th.
    That Iron Man 3 musical theme is ridiculously good. Was it also written by Brian Tyler? Seems so, since it´s used throughout the score? If so the guy surprises me, he seems to grow in capacity. Could be on his way to becoming a really good composer.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So this movie is now the 7th highest grossing film of all time.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Fifth highest and could have a go at taking fourth if it can keep going.
    Unbelieavable. Makes SF's achievement all the more impressive seeing as Bond didn't double up with bloody 3d.
    Oh, Skyfall is truely something make no mistake but, you know, everything is 3D today, it seems.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    doubleoego wrote:
    Unbelieavable. Makes SF's achievement all the more impressive seeing as Bond didn't double up with bloody 3d.

I completely agree! On a side note I still don't understand how IM3 is being this successful, I think it was the weakest of the 3.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It's done well because it's seen as the follow up to The Avengers. Future Marval films should also get a big boost because of this. Bond will be going down to the third biggest series, soon.
    To be honest, I think it's important the studio and EoN don't lose sight of what type of films the Bond movies are. In this new age of 3d where movies that should be averaging about $500million are making over a $billion, it's easy to become threatened and lose sight of how the movie should be presented, compromising the movie as a whole as well as its credibility and integrity all in the name of making a quick buck. I just hope the powers that be remember that irrespective if what June Blockbuster makes at the BO, they don't have the established and rich cultural history that Bond has and doesn't need to attain. The day Bond goes 3d is the day I stop watching at least at the cinema anyway.
    I can't see 3D happening soon, if ever. EON, Craig, the entire team seem against it and slowly, it is fading.
    Good.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I can't see 3D happening soon, if ever. EON, Craig, the entire team seem against it and slowly, it is fading.
    Hopefully.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    timmer wrote:
    I found Iron Man 3 to be a bit of a mess. Maybe I should have sprung for the 3d. I just found myself nodding off. Not actually, but more like not paying attention, just kind of absorbing the action, but not being terribly invested in the story. I find Downey Jr's continual glib remarking to get kinda repetitive. I dunno,maybe I wasn't in the right mood to see this film. I found it a bit of a downer. And I don't know what to make of the ending, but I really wasn't concentrating on what was going on. Looked pretty heavy though. I'm not sure Pepper will ever quite be the same. Maybe Ironman as well. Again, I don't know.
    Will have to try another viewing sometime on the home system, and this time try and pay attention.
    Do sit through the closing credits though. There's a bonus scene tagged on the end again.
    3 out of 5 stars. No more.

...what he said!

boldfinger wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Hopefully.

Agreed! Never wanna see Bond go down the cheap gimmicky route of 3D! It is so much better than that!
    :D :D

edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Benicio Del Toro has joined the killer cast of the James Gunn-directed Marvel Studios franchise launcher Guardians Of The Galaxy. They are keeping his role under wraps, but he’s playing a character that is built to be part of future Marvel films, which means he has signed a deal with options that put him into multiple movies. It’s funny how when Marvel Studios first started making option-heavy deals, actors and their agents grumbled loudly. But guys like Samuel L. Jackson and Mark Ruffalo have done great stuff in short doses in incredibly high-profile films. Now, it will be intriguing to see what the company does with a property that doesn’t have the road-tested brand awareness of a Captain America, Thor, or Iron Man. I have to say that given the high bar for quality that Marvel has set under Kevin Feige — Iron Man 3 being the latest crowd-pleasing example — I’m more excited about this than the other space-based project Disney is banking on, Star Wars. Del Toro joins Glenn Close, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, John C. Reilly and others in the cast.

Del Toro most recently joined the cast of Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice. He’ll next be seen in Jimmy P, the film that made its world premiere in competition at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. He’s also got the untitled film directed by Terrence Malick. Del Toro is represented by CAA and Rick Yorn.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/benicio-del-toro-takes-lead-role-in-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy/#more-512272
    The overall casting for this movie is very interesting!
    1-Year-Old Thinks He's Meeting IRON MAN, Burst Into Tears Upon Meeting Robert Downey Jr.
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=81735#LYi6AI3dGoJoO8qd.99
    The first person since Connery to have this affect?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I know this is quite old, but since the film is gearing up, I figured we could bump this and start hearing one another's thoughts on the film so far. I'll update with some key things.

Here's the first poster:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=115133

This link should take you to the character featurettes:

http://www.superherohype.com/heroes/guardians-of-the-galaxy#/slide/1

And last but not least, here's the trailer:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=115017
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I was initially skeptical about this film. The Avengers had a tough gig, putting together characters from various other movies, but at least they were already established characters (granted, one was recast, but still). This has to pull at least a good film out of some American guy thrown into space, a green chick, a talking raccoon and a tree.

Thankfully, the trailer proved to me that, just maybe, this film will be amazing.

Granted, it's not like Marvel hasn't made winning franchises out of potential failures before. Iron Man and Thor were completely untested on the film market, and now who doesn't know about them? I'm greatly hoping, just based on that trailer alone, that Marvel can pull another prized rabbit out of its hat and make "Guardians of the Galaxy" a household name.

Besides, when a trailer ends with "What a bunch of a-holes", who doesn't want to go see it?
    @Agent007391, that's what I'm hoping. It looks very entertaining and I think it'll turn into something amazing come August.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I do wonder how this will end up connecting to the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but I've heard rumors that Thanos will be the main villain of The Avengers 3, and that the Avengers and the Guardians will team up (a team team-up) to fight him. Now, whether or not this is true, I don't know. Hell, we still don't know exactly how Ultron will be created yet.
    I do wonder how this will end up connecting to the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but I've heard rumors that Thanos will be the main villain of The Avengers 3, and that the Avengers and the Guardians will team up (a team team-up) to fight him. Now, whether or not this is true, I don't know. Hell, we still don't know exactly how Ultron will be created yet.

Yeah, I've no clue what to expect from 'Guardians' (in terms of cameos/easter eggs/end credits scene) but I know I can't wait to get all of these films some day, line they up, and watch them in a row.
    I've done that with what we've got so far, even the One-Shots. Plus, I've been collecting the in-universe comic books, as well. One of these days, I may just try to actually go through it all in terms of the canon timeline, which will be quite difficult.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Ummmm.... I'm THERE.
    'Nuff said.
    Well certain cast members from GoTG turned up in the 1st of the 2 after credits of Thor 2. Guardians looks awesome and it's success which it will be will fast track the one Marvel property I'm desperate to see come to the big screen in full glory, Black Panther.

It wouldn't surprise me if they (Marvel) adhered to the comics and still went with Ant Nan creating ultron. After all, even though the ant man movie comes out after Avengers 2, what we do know is, Hank Pym already exists and has already been ant man long before anyone else was superheroing around bar Cap and Thor (historically speaking within the mythology established in the MCU). Douglas as Pym makes this possible, although Douglas doesn't feature heavily until he debuts after Avengers 2 but who knows, we could get something minor or a reference in Avengers 2 or better yet Captain America 2 as that's the movie that will serve as the biggest catalyst for Avengers 2.