The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Damn! I have been looking for it, but can t find it.

Rogue One? Only just released today in the UK, watching it now picture looks great.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Oh, so there is hope yet.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    buy0274401_1.jpg?width=450

I just bought it too but my cover is different.

5707617_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642
    buy0274401_1.jpg?width=450

I just bought it too but my cover is different.

5707617_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

The box I got is the same cover as yours, though it fits into the white card sleeve with the Deathstar on the front.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Shivers (1975) dir. David Cronenberg. Arrow Video blu-ray/DVD. Body shock debut feature from the Canadian master.
    The Beyond (1981) dir. Lucio Fulci. Arrow Video - blu-ray. Zombie gore-fest from that crazy Italian.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pre-ordered the 'John Wick: Chapter 2' steelbook and 'Heat: Definitive Director's Edition' remaster on blu-ray. Looking forward to destroying both copies through heavy rewatching.
    Arrival
    It Follows
    Blair Witch
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    Passengers
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 235
    Contract To KillMV5BMzRhMWI0NTMtODUxYS00ZmZjLTk1OTQtYWE1MTg4N2RmZjc2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ5MjcwOTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
    Rogue One, of course.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Shivers (1975) dir. David Cronenberg. Arrow Video blu-ray/DVD. Body shock debut feature from the Canadian master.
    The Beyond (1981) dir. Lucio Fulci. Arrow Video - blu-ray. Zombie gore-fest from that crazy Italian.

Is that Shivers release a new one, @Lancaster007 ?

One of my favourite Cronenberg films. Would love it on Blu-ray
    Probably The Graduate on Criterion right before Christmas.

@LeonardPine - Shivers is the most recent release by Arrow Video, it's a second pressing as their original was a slightly cut one, this one has all the gore in! I would thoroughly recommend it if you like the film, great transfer, great extras and packaging as always with Arrow Video. Stands proudly alongside my Rabid blu-ray and the awesome box-set of Videodrome.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

@LeonardPine - Shivers is the most recent release by Arrow Video, it's a second pressing as their original was a slightly cut one, this one has all the gore in! I would thoroughly recommend it if you like the film, great transfer, great extras and packaging as always with Arrow Video. Stands proudly alongside my Rabid blu-ray and the awesome box-set of Videodrome.

Thanks @Lancaster007

Sounds excellent! Will be getting that very soon!
    Ran Akira Kurosawa, 4K restoration on Bluray.
  • NSGWNSGW London

I bet that looks stunning in 4k.
    On Blu-ray:

The Klansman (1974, directed by Terence Young!)
    Caltiki, the Immortal Monster (1959)
    Django, Prepare a Coffin (1968)
    Not so much a movie, but after many years, I managed to buy a concert by Bernadette Peters. This one, to be precise :

512JPZC39KL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIAmznPrime%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C-5_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_ZA(37%20Reviews)%2C445%2C286%2C400%2C400%2Carial%2C12%2C4%2C0%2C0%2C5_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

But it wasn't cheap, I can tell you that : 32 £ ! Seems it ahs become a bit rare. Nothing to compare with the Starmania DVD, which goes from 125 € to some 400 €, depending on the seller. Guess I'll have to get my old VHS converted, if it's possible.
    NSGW wrote: »

I bet that looks stunning in 4k.

Just waiting for it to be delivered though I had a look at the trailer, the image pops really looking forward to watching the film.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    La La Land
    91HEPl0snBL._SX342_.jpg
    Easily one of my favorite movies. It came out yesterday so I of course had to pick up a copy.
    I was tempted to pick up the steel case of it, which was the same price, but I just didn't really like the look of it. Emma Stone looks angry and confused on it.
    5807813_sa.jpg
    La La Land
    91HEPl0snBL._SX342_.jpg
    Easily one of my favorite movies. It came out yesterday so I of course had to pick up a copy.
    I was tempted to pick up the steel case of it, which was the same price, but I just didn't really like the look of it. Emma Stone looks angry and confused on it.
    5807813_sa.jpg

Also got myself a copy! Easily one of my favorite films of the 21st century!
    A Bay of Blood - Arrow Video blu-ray.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,441
    Earlier in January i bought those 3 soundtracks (NEW):
    The Last Samurai (2003) composed by Hans Zimmer € 5,99
    The A-Team (2010) composed by Alan Silvestri € 5,94
    Life Of Pi (2012) composed by Mychael Danna € 7,34

Bought yesterday on Kingsday 27 April 2017

BD/DVD: 2 disc Steelbook - Limitlesss (2010) € 2,00

9200000043162039.jpg9200000051665392.jpg

BD: SPY (2015) € 1,50
    BD: Momentum (2015) € 1,50 (SEALD!)

DVD:

Bend It Like Beckham (2002) ''NEW'' / Down with Love (2003) / Bounce (2000) € 0,00 (For Free) The A-team Season 5 - 4 disc digistick release (like Season 1 & 2) € 1,00. Include interview with writer who also Dutch subtitel option. Now i only need season 4.
    The Invasion :

theinvasion721.jpg

Not as bad a film as its made out to be,and it has DC in it.
    Not bad at £2.38 new.
    It is bad if you have seen the original.
    Which I have...

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven't seen the original, but I thought the Craig/Kidman version was pretty forgettable and unimpressive. Haven't seen it since theaters.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Which I have...

Which do you prefer?

Of the three versions, I vastly prefer the original from the 50s, and I think even the 70s remake is better than the Craig film.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Which I have...

Which do you prefer?

Of the three versions, I vastly prefer the original from the 50s, and I think even the 70s remake is better than the Craig film.
    I actually prefer the 70's remake with Donald Sutherland Dr,but no doubt this one is the worst of the 3 versions.

But my partner likes Nicole Kidman and it has DC in it ,and last time I watched it I found it entertaining enough .

And for £2+ you cant go wrong,cheaper than a sandwich he he ...

Which I have...

Which do you prefer?

I actually prefer the 70's remake with Donald Sutherland Dr,but no doubt this one is the worst of the 3 versions.

But my partner likes Nicole Kidman and it has DC in it ,and last time I watched it I found it entertaining enough .

But harder to chew.
    Which I have...

Which do you prefer?

But harder to chew.

I don't know....I don't mind chewing Nicole Kidman for 90 mins....pass the salt, Dr...