The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agent005 wrote:
    Just picked up The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Children of Men, and I'm Not There. I love payday...
    I'm hoping to get that soon!
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    193654.1020.A.jpg

Great line:"We value a spirited woman almost as we do a spirited horse."
    Land of the lost with will ferrel, not great though had its moments.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 2,594
    I have recently received four DVD's that I ordered from Amazon at the same time:

* The Omen (the first and original with Gregory Peck which is easily the best. I'm not interested in buying the others or the remake)
    * The Shining
    * A Clockwork Orange
    * The Big Lebowski

I don't buy DVD's unless I've seen them and obviously like them enough to watch them repeatedly.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 3,262
    The last of independent producer Samuel Bronston's(King of Kings) big budget, widescreen spectaculars:

circus_world.jpg

A Korean DVD that's region 0/will play all regions.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) on Blu Ray.

I never saw this film and bought it based off of what everyone was telling me, and I don't regret it!
    support_your_local_sheriff_xlg1.jpg
    It's time for some cheesy fun...

PMCA_D61106728D.jpg

Though to be fair the only real good one is the first one....

Still, even the first sequel has its moments. Haven't got around to number 3 yet, but from what I've heard, I won't like the results....
  • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet)
    Lifeforce (Theatrical Cut that was only available on DVD in Germany)
    The Town: Ultimate Collector's Edition
    The Muppets: Wokka Wokka Edition
    SJK91 wrote:

PMCA_D61106728D.jpg

Still, even the first sequel has its moments. Haven't got around to number 3 yet, but from what I've heard, I won't like the results....

I like the first and even like the second but the third... I've given two showings and I didn't like it either time; too goofey for my likeing.
    Milion Dollar Baby. One of those movies that makes laugh and cry at the same time

I remember watching this film on MGM or TCM around 11 years ago. I don't remember much from it but I remember really enjoying it and have always remembered that scene on the poster when he puts his finger in the gun. James Mason is great.

Green Zone and The Hunt for Red October on Blu Ray.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    poster.jpg
    enter-nowhere-dvd-artwork.jpg
    HorrorOfFrankensteinDVD.jpgThe%20Forgotten%20DVD%20Julianne%20moore%20Alien%20Visitors%20Movie.jpg

258220090727154822.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Green Zone and The Hunt for Red October on Blu Ray.

Green Zone is very underrated. Matt Damon brilliant as usual, alongside Brendan Gleeson.
    Today i bought Expendables, Rise of the planet of the apes, excellent movie. Doctor who season one of new who, special edition tardis box set.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote:
    A Four Pack of all the Batman movies from 1989 - 1997 ^_^
    You sir, got ripped off. There is only two watchable films in that package. Shame shame.
    Yeah Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are the most watchable of the 4. >:)
    Murdock wrote:

They make for great drinking games.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agent005 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

So does the number of moans the hotel henchman from OHMSS makes too. XD

Agent005 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Take a shot every time you see bat-nipples.

:-w
    Just bought doctor who season 6 box set, was thinking about buying tintin, anyone seen the movie?
    Agent005 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I said drinking games, not suicide!
    Agent005 wrote:
    Agent005 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

I said drinking games, not suicide!

Take a look at number three in this list:
    http://www.moviefancentral.com/psycho-pirate-99/top10s/5259
    Great minds think alike I guess! ;)
    Bounine wrote:

I remember watching this film on MGM or TCM around 11 years ago. I don't remember much from it but I remember really enjoying it and have always remembered that scene on the poster when he puts his finger in the gun. James Mason is great.

Mason or Garner, Bounine? ;)

Anyhow, it's a fun western comedy. I also recommend the follow up film:

MPW-33881

I think I like the "non-sequel" sequel even better, probably because I prefer Suzanne Pleshette to Joan Hackett.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 2,594
    Oops, James Garner. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not sure if I've seen Support Your Local Gunfighter or not. There are many old films I've seen on MGM and TCM that I love but can't remember the names or many details of.
    SJK91 wrote:

PMCA_D61106728D.jpg

I like the first and even like the second but the third... I've given two showings and I didn't like it either time; too goofey for my likeing.

I loved the 1st one, felt sort of like an Indiana Jones film. I didn't really enjoy the 2nd much. And the only thing I liked about the 3rd one was the fact that Jet Li was in it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I loved the Mummy 1, Mummy 2 was good... but Mummy 3 is very bad.
    Watched the 3rd one the other night...terrible. Makes the first two look like Lawrence of Arabia.

And I genuinely believe the first Mummy is a good film. It's epic nonsense, sure, but still great fun. Mummy Returns has its moments and is given great strength by Alan Silvestri's phenomenal score, but not as good as the first. Tomb of the Dragon Emperor...as I mentioned...was a disgrace. The funny thing is that they didn't have to make a great film, just a serviceable one (like Mummy Returns), but they managed to screw everything up!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,767
    The Rock. They had the SE dvd cheap somewhere, and I couldn´t resist. While watching, I thought what a nice pace that film has. The next day however it felt too much like cotton candy.

Oh wait, that wasn´t the last one. I bought the Tintin dvd. While already thinking in the cinema that I´d much prefer real people in CG backgrounds, I couldn´t finish watching the dvd, because it just didn´t pull me in. Sometimes I even wished for a fixed camera during action sequences, which surprised me, because I thought I like fooling around with the camera, especially in a Spielberg film. Hm, I´ll give the camera-tomfoolery another chance when the Hugo dvd comes out ;-) .
    Bounine wrote:
    Oops, James Garner. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm not sure if I've seen Support Your Local Gunfighter or not. There are many old films I've seen on MGM and TCM that I love but can't remember the names or many details of.

Yep. I'm very glad those channels exist.

In a mood for Gina:

Poster%20-%20Hunchback%20of%20Notre%20Dame,%20The%20(1957)_01.jpg

The movie Telly and Diana made just prior to OHMSS:

312-1.jpg

Also has Curt "Stromberg" Jurgens in the cast.