Bond all-nighter: mission accomplished

Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
edited January 2017 in Bond Movies Posts: 3,099
This has just dropped in to my inbox. Six films back to back, Saturday 28 January at the delightful Prince Charles Cinema in central London:

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=938730&utm_source=email19decJAMESBOND&utm_medium=email

I am seriously tempted; for one thing, the lineup is uncannily close to my top six films (I'd swap CR out for Skyfall).

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I don't think I'd have the stamina needed to sit through all of those back to back but it would certainly be a lovely thing to see them all on the big screen. Good selection of films there too. I agree it would be nice if Skyfall was included too.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,721
    Like heaven above me! That's a good line up. Would definitely watch that - Excellent choices. The PC is one of my favourite cinemas in the world. Love that place.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I love the PC too, though it took me a while to recover from the singalong Sound of Music after a friend dragged me to it. I hadn't realised what a long film SoM was!
  • I'll be honest I find home viewing much easier in my old age ;)) I struggle when I watch films after two hours at the cinema irrespective of how good they are.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 406
    Thats a good line up. Would love to watch those all on the big screen
    Would love to what @Alan007....i hope you missed out the word 'watched' ? ;)
    I wish I could go!
  • When you go to book the tickets, the films are scheduled to be shown on the upstairs screen which is small (only seats 104 people) compared to the one downstairs.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Would love to what @Alan007....i hope you missed out the word 'watched' ? ;)

Haha yep, would love to watch those on the big screen. Only old enough to have seen CR in the cinema from that list

• LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    I can easyly watch all Roger Moore Bond films in a row or "binge" and even put some Persuaders episode on top of it !
    Amazing line-up. It's each actor's best film, IMO.
    Very good...but who is Sean Coonery ?
    edited January 2017 Posts: 3,099
    Heh, I didn't spot that! I admit my first thought was 'that pic of Tim is from LTK not TLD'.

(I have bought my ticket, by the way, should anyone wish to keep me company. I promise not to fall asleep on your shoulder - or, if I do, not to dribble.)
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Heh, I didn't spot that! I admit my first thought was 'that pic of Tim is from LTK not TLD'.

(I have bought my ticket, by the way, should anyone wish to keep me company. I promise not to fall asleep on your shoulder - or, if I do, not to dribble.)

The only 3 pictures that coincide with the actual Bond film being shown are Lazenby,Coonery (he he ) and Brosnan.

I'm now thinking that 'Sean Coonery' is similar to 'tomfoolery'. Grow up, 007, and stop all this Sean Coonery!

I need pics before I decide if I want to join you or not. ;))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Only six? When I think "all-nighter," I'm thinking of that guy who ran an entire marathon of the series a couple of years back, recording his thoughts on YouTube as he went along. Managed to get from DN to SF, straight through, with zero sleep.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Only six? When I think "all-nighter," I'm thinking of that guy who ran an entire marathon of the series a couple of years back, recording his thoughts on YouTube as he went along. Managed to get from DN to SF, straight through, with zero sleep.

He must be mad, literally mad! :))
    Dragonpol wrote: »

He was looking rather mad when firing up the last couple Craig films, like he hadn't slept in weeks.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    James Clark.

He was looking rather mad when firing up the last couple Craig films, like he hadn't slept in weeks.

I've heard he's going to be the new Bond villain in Bond 25. :D
  • RC7RC7
    I have a ticket for this. May or may not do it. Depends on work/family. I'm planning on doing DN-SP over Easter weekend.

Just think of me as a cartoon dog in a trenchcoat. It's close enough to the truth.

Just think of me as a cartoon dog in a trenchcoat. It's close enough to the truth.

I think I've seen a pic of you already on Literary 007. You passed the test! ;) :x
    Correct! Roger Moore's left eyebrow is my spirit animal.
    Let me know what you decide, @RC7 - I think I'm pretty committed now. Already planning Saturday's schedule of strategic naps.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'd fall asleep. No matter how good the films are, there's no way I can live through that schedule.
    I have enough trouble falling asleep in my own bed in my own home at the proper time, so I'm hoping it won't happen in a cinema full of strangers!

Yeah, that was indeed me. Was exhausting work but I'd do it again! Was everything or nothing documentary, CR'54, CR'67 and NSNA as well as all official films DN to SF.

Jamesc26 wrote: »

Yeah, that was indeed me. Was exhausting work but I'd do it again! Was everything or nothing documentary, CR'54, CR'67 and NSNA as well as all official films DN to SF.

Wow, I had completely forgotten that you did all those, as well. Hats off to you, good sir - if you ever give it another shot, be sure to do the same thing and posts your thoughts here accordingly. I enjoyed getting to see your slow descent into sleepy madness!