The return of Clive Owen's BMW films

talos7talos7 New Orleans
The original series was called The Hire the new one is called The Escape. The originals were mini-movies with top notch talent behind the camera; this looks to continue that tradition.

http://screenrant.com/neill-blomkamp-clive-owen-escape-bmw-film/

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yep! Yep! I was about to start a new thread, but you beat me to it! :D

I'm excited for this, and may very well be the only one doing so here...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    +1 :)
    October 23 can't come soon enough. :D
    The trailer has just debuted.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'll always remember smiling when I saw Owen gunning that 3-Series in the rain on my first watch of The Bourne Identity. Inside joke or coincidence?

I can't wait for these. Dakota Fanning and Vera Farmiga co-star.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,686
    I remember watching these on TV as a kid. Since then I am a big fan of Clive Owen. Can't wait for this new BMW film!
    I remember watching these on TV as a kid. Since then I am a big fan of Clive Owen. Can't wait for this new BMW film!
    Better make that two! :D
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'll always remember smiling when I saw Owen gunning that 3-Series in the rain on my first watch of The Bourne Identity. Inside joke or coincidence?

I can't wait for these. Dakota Fanning and Vera Farmiga co-star.
    As well as Jon Bernthal, @bondjames. The current Frank Castle/Punisher. :D
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Nice!
    Notice all the engine sounds :-)?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Outstanding!

The G30 looks fabulous, although I'm still not certain if I prefer it to the F10, which is a truly inspired design. This looks more like a simple refinement of that earlier car's lines. I love the semi-digital speedo (I prefer this to what Mercedes and Audi are doing with full digital).

Clive Owen rocks. Icy cool. I wish this chap would do more spy thrillers. He's really made for them.

Now I finally know who Jon Bernthal is! I saw him in The Accountant last week but had no clue who he was since I've not seen The Punisher yet.

Neill Blomkamp is an interesting choice for this kind of job. I wouldn't have considered him as a first choice, but he's done a bang up job here. Well done!

It just dawned on me when watching this that The Transporter series was inspired by The Hire. It's so obvious now, especially since Frank Martin's first car was an E38 7 Series, but I didn't realize it before.
    Love the dialogue "do you mined" when he wants the car door closed. Pure class
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    That scene with the helicopter and the repelling cable, I could just picture Brosnan doing that in his old 750il.
    So excited to watch this when I get home tonight! I loved the first two series and always hoped he would get a crack at Bond after Brosnan left.
    It was a lost opportunity not to have hired him to play Bond. But, it appears he was never offered the role.
    A Bond villain experimenting with cloning seems to be a great idea to me for the basis of a plot? But perhaps a little too science fiction rather than thriller?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    patb wrote: »
    A Bond villain experimenting with cloning seems to be a great idea to me for the basis of a plot? But perhaps a little too science fiction rather than thriller?

That was the plot of the Bond video game Agent Under Fire.
    Well, this current century turned the sci-fi of the yesteryear into a regularity. Cloning is very easy these days... And who knows whatever mysteries that take place in Area 51...