Blofeld : Did you want him to escape from Bond,in the helicopter ? And what next ? (SP)

Comments

• M16_Cart wrote: »
    I thought it would've been really cool to have the helicopter shot down, and just as Blofeld was about to be detained, 8 black armored cars rush to the scene, Blofeld is driven to safety, Bond engages in a firefight with dozens of guards, then cars explode, there's a big fire, Hinx comes back and Bond fights him to the death.

...I think SP's runtime is long enough as it is...
    I wish we would have got a final scene with Bond visiting Oberhauser behind bars.
  • I look at Spectre and see it as entertaining though I don't take much of what goes on in the film seriously, Blofeld usually does escape so it would have made sense. Unfortunately everything leading up to the last Blofeld scene is not particularly good, Spectre as a whole should have taken more risks considering the big return. I enjoy Spectre though it's not the film I wanted, it was a waste of a title and a waste of Blofeld return.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I look at Spectre and see it as entertaining though I don't take much of what goes on in the film seriously, Blofeld usually does escape so it would have made sense. Unfortunately everything leading up to the last Blofeld scene is not particularly good, Spectre as a whole should have taken more risks considering the big return. I enjoy Spectre though it's not the film I wanted, it was a waste of a title and a waste of Blofeld return.

You really hit on something there. The title alone had me so excited I could barely contain myself. Such potential and promise held in that word for us Bond fans.
    I may have accepted the content of Spectre more if the title were different, and then Bond 25 is called Spectre and its good. I wonder what the odds are on Bond 25 being called Blofeld.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    That doesn't work for me. Even before my disappointment with SP, I don't think I would have liked that as a title.
    I would not be in favour of that title though I would not be suprised, assuming Waltz and Craig return.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    M16_Cart wrote: »
    I thought it would've been really cool to have the helicopter shot down, and just as Blofeld was about to be detained, 8 black armored cars rush to the scene, Blofeld is driven to safety, Bond engages in a firefight with dozens of guards, then cars explode, there's a big fire, Hinx comes back and Bond fights him to the death.

You're assuming there's no fat to cut.

Well, I guess the issue with the runtime is the question of what should be cut. At least 40 minutes of inessential content could be cut, but that's still content that people find entertaining.

Movie needed a rewrite in general, but the length wasn't Spectre's issue. It's that it didn't use its time very effectively.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    bondjames wrote: »
    The saddest indictment of that entire sequence is that I really didn't care either way. He could have perished or survived (as he did) and it would have made no difference to how I felt. That's how removed from the film I was by that point. Just waiting to get out of there by then.

That's how I felt too.

As far as I'm concerned those responsible for making the film have killed Bond.

• M16_Cart wrote: »

Well, I guess the issue with the runtime is the question of what should be cut. At least 40 minutes of inessential content could be cut, but that's still content that people find entertaining.

Movie needed a rewrite in general, but the length wasn't Spectre's issue. It's that it didn't use its time very effectively.

Personally, I think cutting all the back and forth between C and M could be cut and leave a leaner and more totally effective picture. I would have also had the climax occur at the Morocco base. The film would close a lot more cleanly that way.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    edited December 2016 Posts: 2,252
    Birdleson wrote: »

Personally, I think cutting all the back and forth between C and M could be cut and leave a leaner and more totally effective picture. I would have also had the climax occur at the Morocco base. The film would close a lot more cleanly that way.

I'd add different screenwriter and director to that, then we may have something.

And composer
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    For traditional reasons, I wanted him to escape via bathysphere ! ;)
    Bond would have shot that as well...he couldnt miss anything that night ;)
    It would have been nice for Bond to have found a brick from the demolished MI6
    Building, and Brought down the helicopter by throwing it :D
    The form he was in that night as SuperBond ,it probably would have lodged itself in Blofeld's arse @Thunderpussy !!
    :)) " I'm sure he would have wanted it, that way "
    "At least he died on the job " !!!
    Perhaps Blofeld should have employed a better pilot ?, Escaping from her Majesty's
    Government, is not the time to take a sight seeing trip up the Thames !
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 19,339
    hahaha ...Thats what makes me laugh though,where the hell was SPECTRE ? ..Blofeld had all that time to wire up the MI6 building to blow up but had no security ??....this is the mastermind behind Le Chiffre,Mr White,Greene and Silva ??
    :)) Very true, but I guess even megalomaniac, evil geniuses have an off day ?
    True..but he picked the wrong one with SuperBond on his trail...
    Bond was having a very good day. All that " nano-technology" made him in to
    A SuperBond !
    Obviously Madeleine was one hell of a lay......
    She certainly improved his eye !
    I felt like Sheriff JW Pepper as Bond took off in the boat in pursuit of Blofeld ...

"MENDES, YOU'RE NOT THINKIN' UH ...?"
    tmwtgghornetstunt2rr1.9836.jpg

I couldn't believe that the producers, after fighting for so long to get the rights to Blofeld/Spectre, would choose to wrap things up so quickly. Even in the months leading up to SP I kept arguing with my friends that Waltz WASN'T Blofeld ... there's no way they'd reveal the ominous, iconic, impossible-to-get-to, leader so quick out of the gate! Alright, they could always do the prison break, but that idea feels redundant after SF.

The meeting in Rome was mostly well done, but it annoyed me that Mendes immediately followed it up with a car chase that was stuffed with Moore-era comedy. And in the promotion Dave Bautista repeatedly said how "smart" Hinx supposedly was (at least thats what Mendes told him). I thought Hinx (who I don't think is ever identified by NAME in the film) was as bland and bone-headed and oafish as any other henchman. I think Red Grant or Necros still take the cake for SMARTEST HENCHMAN.

And, I don't mind Le Chiffre or Greene being SP agents, but doesn't it kinda weaken Silva? Wasn't his motivation very, very personal? Now we discover he was just following orders? Why didn't they leave him independent - the Goldfinger of the Craig era?

All-in-all, completely agree with the OP. Basically cheering for Blofeld in that scene :(
    They were teasing a bigger organization in the Craig era for 9 years. They had to give us a taste, I would have been pissed if we were left to wait to see Blofeld until a 5th Craig film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Exactly. Hell even when White said "Our organization" several times in CR I instantly thought of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    They should CGI Spectre rings onto the operatives from the early Craig films ;))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And turn all the guns into Walkie Talkies. :))
  • I want to see the scene in Spectre when operatives are sticking photos up on the wall inside derelict MI6 and string/wire trail for Bond to follow. ;))
    For a change I was hoping Blofeld would evade Bond at the end of the movie. Guess we will see what the next film brings?
    Well I presume it will be a prison escape,making my countries security forces,police and prison system look bloody incompetent yet again in the Craig era.