Lets try: who is Bond's most annoying ally?

edited October 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
This may have been asked a while back not sure but I'll invite you to join in.
Who is Bond's most annoying ally?
I know the answer to this and Jinx probably wins but lets talk about some of his other allies who make you want to beat the crap out of them.
Anya from TSWLM I really did not like her. I thought she had too much attitude and just didn't like the heifer. One time she was voted as having the best 'rack' but I disagree here, Jane Seymour wins that one.
that being said here's my list:
Mary Goodnight I thought Britt Ekland looked good in the bikini and she had the cutest accent but face it she was annoying.
Christmas Jones: hated the bitch along with Jinx
Holly Goodhead: BORING, BORING, BORING and not that much to look at.
Stacy Sutton : "james, save me!" hearing her utter that line was like scratching a blackboard. Like to have slammed her face into the board instead.
Roger Moore seems to have cornered the market on annoying allies. :)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Yeah, everybody in the Moore Era seems to exist solely for Bond to tell them to shut up.
  • Sheriff Pepper -.-
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I always find Tiffany annoying in DAF every time I watch it, and I wish it was her that got drowned in the pool, not Plenty. Tiffany is just an idiot, and can't do a single thing right without screwing it up.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited October 2011 Posts: 2,629
    I always find Tiffany annoying in DAF every time I watch it, and I wish it was her that got drowned in the pool, not Plenty. Tiffany is just an idiot, and can't do a single thing right without screwing it up.
    She was OK until Bond slapped her. After that, she became utterly annoying of Biblical proportions.

Other annoying allies:

Tiffany (as I mentioned)
    Pepper (wouldn't be caught dead in an AMC Hornet with him)
    Christmas (just shut up and go topless)
    Mary (how did she become an agent again)
    Stacy (screw you, you're burning)
    May Day (well she did become an ally when Zorin let the water loose)
    Jinx (because she's Jinx, that's why)
    Tilly (thanks for the front seat at the laser show)
    The two lady Carvers (Rosie and Paris)
    Bibi (Bond don't do jailbait)
    Pam (for her teenage drama jealousy)
    Natalya ("boys with toys" and for screaming in Bond's ear when he was taking a nap in the copter)

And if we're counting non-EON, then Nigel should be included.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Bibi
    Mary Goodnight
    Rosie Carver
    Stacy
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    She was OK until Bond slapped her. After that, she became utterly annoying of Biblical proportions.
    I thought she handled herself pretty well causing the distraction at the gas station. Tiffany makes for a fantastic sassy and brassy broad IMHO.

My picks:

Jack Wade(in TND. In GE he was OK. Thankfully his TND screentime was brief).
    Bibi Dahl
    Stacey Sutton
    Pam Bouvier
    Wai-Lin
    Jinx
    Beam

Bond's most annoying allies:

Tiffany Case in Diamonds Are Forever - Mainly because her character completely changes halfway through the film. She starts off far more interesting than she ends.

Rosie Carver in Live and Let Die - How the hell is this woman an agent?

Mary Goodnight in The Man with the Golden Gun - See above.

Sheriff JW Pepper in The Man with the Golden Gun - Yes, he was a tad annoying in Live and Let Die, but he got a laugh or two out of me. Not in Golden Gun. A terrible choice bringing him back.

Bibi Dahl - Not as severe as some of the other ones on this list, as I believe her character was there to be somewhat of a nuisance...but she still gets under one's skin.

Stacey Sutton - JAAAMMMMEEESSSSS!

Pam Bouvier/Lupe in Licence to Kill* - Certain days these two annoy me, other days they kind of don't.

Christmas Jones in The World Is Not Enough - Are you kidding me, casting director?

Jinx in Die Another Day - The worst Bond girl in the franchise, bar none. Every time she talks I have a sudden urge to fast forward the film.

Gregory Beam in Quantum of Solace - Just a stupid character in the first place, he had no business being in QOS. I'm pretty convinced that the scriptwriters shoehorned him in when they realized QOS was as dour as a funeral. But Beam belonged in a Moore film, not a Craig film.
    Pepper ( Dodges object from @DaltonCraig)
    STACY!!
    BEAM!
    MARY
    BIBI!!
  • Nigel Small-Fawcett.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Tatiana
    Goodnight
    Stacey
    Wade
    Jinx
    I actually kind of like Beam. As an American, I love seeing how other people depict us. Its fun to laugh at yourself.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Nigel Small-Fawcett.

I forgot Nigel - good one!
    most of the cast in living daylights
    edited October 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Tatiana
    How is Tatiana annoying? I have a theory, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.
    most of the cast in living daylights
    Um, yeah.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Mary Goodnight, because she had a lot of potential in the novels that wasn't realized on film. Tiffany Case is a close second.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    She was fine at first, then her "oh james this" and "oh james that" really became annoying for me. Even SC looked annoyed by her.

• I think the best bit was when Donald Grant put the Chloral Hydrate in her drink, she became less annoying after that, but in all seriousness to her character and the Bianchi actress she was a nice looking Bond girl, not really annoying, belligerent or anything such, I can't find an issue with her.

Not so much with the oh, and I'm not going to mention her again, simply isin't worth it, you know who I mean, she probably takes top honors here with regards to this thread category anyway. If I think about anyone else, and I'm sure we've done this before, I have to include the Jack Wade CIA agent, Christmas Jones, Tanya Roberts
    :L , Lupe Lamora, even Honor Blackman now that I think about it for some reason, the Lana Wood character in Diamonds, I think that's about it really, maybe one or two others but this will do for now
    She was fine at first, then her "oh james this" and "oh james that" really became annoying for me. Even SC looked annoyed by her.

Never really picked up on that. I always thought those two worked well together.

However, I could see Fleming's Bond being annoyed.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited October 2011 Posts: 5,976
    Jack Wade is really bad; I'm not sure why they didn't go with Felix Leiter in those two films. I wouldn't have cared if for some convoluted reason he was back in the CIA. Would have been a totally different (and better) vibe.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Stacey Sutton...

Bond not only dupes her with a fake name once, but twice.. 'London Financial Times'?? are you f'n kidding me?? lol

.. and any broad that lets herself get snuck up on by a blimp is pretty damn worthless...

.. not to mention her constant wailing "JAAAAMES!".....

the Denise Richards of her time.
  • Rosie Carver - Entire time on screen
    Stacy Sutton - Ditto
    Mar Goodnight - Ditto
    Alec Trevelyan "closing time James?", Like Bond would shuffle into his local boozer for a last orders binge
    Admiral Roebuck - As unbelievable as Sutton
    Kara Milovoy - Is any woman quite that hopeless?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    JW Pepper in The Man With The Golden Gun is the winner for me.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Stacey Sutton...

any broad that lets herself get snuck up on by a blimp is pretty damn worthless...
    LMAO! I've always thought that was funny.
    Tiffany started out as a tough enterprising smuggler and ended up (after the slap) as a bumbling Lucile Ball

• Lana Wood did actually nearly drown during shooting of the pool scene, swallowed a lot of water and said people on scene were 'less than competent', and 'it was an uncomfortable experience'

With regards to the characters though I found o'Toole much more exasperating than the St John character, Tiffany was much better looking and alluring too

Surprised nobody mentioned Koskov from Daylights, I know he turned out to be in cahoots with Whitaker, but half way through he was in touch and working with Dalton and M16, and there were some cringeworthy moments when he was on screen
  • My "negative nine", if you will-

Bibi Dahl- a fawning slut, bubbleheaded bimbo, and jailbait too. Bond wouldn't touch her and can't blame him for observing the proper statutes.

Mary Goodnight- worst MI6 agent in history, just embarrassing compared to the book. Bond treats her with total contempt and exactly how I would treat her, easy sex. Only difference between her and Dahl- at least she's legal.

Rosie Carver- Gloria Hendry is an awful double agent, but not as bad as Goodnight because she's a rookie. Not attractive either, where was Vonetta McGee when they needed her?

Jinx- from the Oscar to "Yo Mama". The only reason Berry would have accepted such a horribly written project such as this is because she wanted to be a Bond girl...enough said...

Christmas Jones- probably the worst actress ever in the series. Totally monotone. Eye candy you say? I've seen better eye candy who could at least act a little bit. How drunk was Charlie when he married her?

Stacey Sutton- a competent geologist, but not much else upstairs. The blimp scene about sums it up. Tanya Roberts is easily better looking than the rest of these actresses save Berry, but she's terribles.

Ruby Bartlett- Angela Scoular looks horrible, she's wasn't nearly as ugly in real life. Shagging Catherine Von Schell, yeah baby, Ruby...BLECCHHHHH. Guess he thought she was an easy mark for intelligence. Definitely not a recommended cure for penile dysfunction.

Corinne Dufour- unattractive and a poor body. They couldn't have got a better French actress? A case of sleeping with someone to get info. I would have gnawed my arm off at the shoulder to avoid waking the beast. Dolly adds to the gag factor of the women in this movie, Emily Bolton the only saving grace.

Samantha Bond as Moneypenny- yes, I said it! I'll take Caroline Bliss any day, Bond's acting and lines all but destroyed the legacy left by Lois Maxwell. Only place they can go is up with whoever replaces her.

• I don't know how old Bibi Dahl was supposed to be in FYEO but Lynn Holly Johnson was about 24 when she played the part, certainly above board and legal etc, I found her quite appealing and cute actually

Can't understand why people knock Ekland in Golden Gun, sure she appears scatter brained at times but does show some efficiency even sophistication at times

Fully acknowledge that Berry, Richards and Roberts were a collective mess and stain on the Bond franchise, the Jinx character makes me punch holes in the nearest wall, really gets my back up sometimes, and it's a pity because Halle is a talented actress but was a real let down here, never been able to warm to the Christmas Jones character either, as nauseating and mundane as Sutton give or take

Corrine was probably the most attractive woman in MR, far more appealling than the wooden Goodhead, and the Dolly/Jaws love interest wasn't necessary, but I didn't find the character that much of an irritation

Sam Bond was fine for the most part, lets face it, no-one will ever fill Lois Maxwells shoes in the Moneypenny role, but did question Bond (Mpenny), rolling about on the floor with clothing half done wearing the Q virtual reality specs near the end of TWINE
    My "negative nine", if you will-

Bibi Dahl- a fawning slut, bubbleheaded bimbo, and jailbait too. Bond wouldn't touch her and can't blame him for observing the proper statutes.

Mary Goodnight- worst MI6 agent in history, just embarrassing compared to the book. Bond treats her with total contempt and exactly how I would treat her, easy sex. Only difference between her and Dahl- at least she's legal.

Rosie Carver- Gloria Hendry is an awful double agent, but not as bad as Goodnight because she's a rookie. Not attractive either, where was Vonetta McGee when they needed her?

Jinx- from the Oscar to "Yo Mama". The only reason Berry would have accepted such a horribly written project such as this is because she wanted to be a Bond girl...enough said...

Christmas Jones- probably the worst actress ever in the series. Totally monotone. Eye candy you say? I've seen better eye candy who could at least act a little bit. How drunk was Charlie when he married her?

Stacey Sutton- a competent geologist, but not much else upstairs. The blimp scene about sums it up. Tanya Roberts is easily better looking than the rest of these actresses save Berry, but she's terribles.

Ruby Bartlett- Angela Scoular looks horrible, she's wasn't nearly as ugly in real life. Shagging Catherine Von Schell, yeah baby, Ruby...BLECCHHHHH. Guess he thought she was an easy mark for intelligence. Definitely not a recommended cure for penile dysfunction.

Corinne Dufour- unattractive and a poor body. They couldn't have got a better French actress? A case of sleeping with someone to get info. I would have gnawed my arm off at the shoulder to avoid waking the beast. Dolly adds to the gag factor of the women in this movie, Emily Bolton the only saving grace.

Samantha Bond as Moneypenny- yes, I said it! I'll take Caroline Bliss any day, Bond's acting and lines all but destroyed the legacy left by Lois Maxwell. Only place they can go is up with whoever replaces her.

Until his second year of marriage to Denise, Charlie Sheen never looked up until those fateful two minutes when he was legally sober. The marriage went downhill after that.

I'll concede Ruby's glasses did nothing to enhance her looks, but she was rather charming in a light hearted way.

Agree with you overall except for the Dufour synopsis. You sir, have grossly misjudged a classic Bond beauty.

• Corinne Dufour- unattractive and a poor body. They couldn't have got a better French actress? A case of sleeping with someone to get info. I would have gnawed my arm off at the shoulder to avoid waking the beast. Dolly adds to the gag factor of the women in this movie, Emily Bolton the only saving grace.

Until his second year of marriage to Denise, Charlie Sheen never looked up until those fateful two minutes when he was legally sober. The marriage went downhill after that.

I'll concede Ruby's glasses did nothing to enhance her looks, but she was rather charming in a light hearted way.

Agree with you overall except for the Dufour synopsis. You sir, have grossly misjudged a classic Bond beauty.

I can also see why Charlie didn't look up very often :-))

I agree that Ruby is charming in a lowbrow sort of way. You forgot to mention that awful hairstyle that went with the glasses. Reminiscent of Rosie Carver's wig.

I think that we'll have to agree to disagree about Corinne Clery. Gross is about how I'd describe her face, and I see nothing great about her body either. I see better looking women every day. If we could go back in time and have our way, you could have Clery, I'll settle for a threesome with Lois and Emily :p
  • Corrine was not so bad, she looked quite appealing especially with Moore when she helps him find Drax's blueprints in the safe. That dog scene in the woods being scary, nasty etc is hogwash, you don;t even see her get mauled and I found nothing intimidating or nefarious about it, I wish she could of stayed on set a while longer, same as with Emily Bolton, she was quite cute and only got a short time on screen.

Of course the most tedious and banal, Goodhead, remains with us for the most part from start to finish, I;m sure she's a lovely actress but she did herself no favors in this picture