The Youtube Thread

Comments

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I will hunt them out and upload a photo.
    Thanks. It'd be great to see them together, 'in the flesh' as it were.
    There will be no part of my anatomy in the photo, just want to make that clear!! :-))

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here's a great video featuring the art of the literary Bond. It's really cool to see what this guy does, and he tries to fit the descriptions as closely as possible.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That is a great video indeed - wow. Great to see some of those novel sequences 'on the screen'. I hope Live And Let Die, Moonraker and the short stories are done next.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Here's a great video featuring the art of the literary Bond. It's really cool to see what this guy does, and he tries to fit the descriptions as closely as possible.

That was wonderful, thanks for posting it. While watching, I couldn't stop thinking about what an animated Bond series would be like. Each episode would adapted from one of the books, with Bond voiced by Toby Stephens.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

That was wonderful, thanks for posting it. While watching, I couldn't stop thinking about what an animated Bond series would be like. Each episode would adapted from one of the books, with Bond voiced by Toby Stephens.

I could see maybe a one hour series for the books every other week. That would be nice to see.

• Crap clip quality but one of the most badass scenes in movie history. Fassbender would make a fantastic Bond.
    Interesting @GeorgeLazenby. I've always heard Fassbender's name thrown around and never really knew who he was. He plays this scene extremely well and looks cold and in power when he fires the gun at the end.
  • And the music...OMG the music...Henry Jackman should be the next Bond composer...
  • I love how he wipes the sweat from his brow then takes a swig. Totally badass...and it's even better in high quality :)
  • On a slightly different note, I was talking to some trainers at the gym today about terrible (and inaccurate) training videos on Youtube. Here's one that name-drops Daniel Craig:

To think that he did TWO exercises to get that "commando look" is ludicrous. Not to mention that the trainer in this video makes some very basic errors when describing the exercises ("...works your biceps and arms") and the fact that he doesn't mention how many reps (do it until you can't do any more but what if that occurs during a muscular endurance or toning phase instead of hypertrophy phase?), ways of increasing intensity, diet, protein requirements, etc. I'd love to see a before and after of someone doing this workout to see how close they get to that "Daniel Craig look". But that's the beauty of Youtube - anyone can post a video and claim to be an expert.

At least he wasn't advising people to do anything that could harm a joint or their back, which I've also seen a lot of on YT.
    I'm with you @thelordflasheart. You definitely seem to know what you're talking about(you're a personal trainer on the side? Yes?). The holes in the workout amount to Swiss cheese. In interviews Dan says he does tons of weight exercises and running, and does it 2 to 3 hours a day for 3 or 4 months until shooting. He also said he went on a diet with healthy eating in clear mind and didn't drink as much. That would get results.
  • 0Brady - yes, I'm a certified trainer who is also the same age as Daniel Craig, so that helps to put the lie to the fact that guys in their 40s can't be in great shape. Everyone wants the magic bullet, whether it's losing fat or building muscle but it always takes work.

Even if Daniel Craig detailed his exact workout in an interview it's not like guys could just do that same program and get into the same shape as him - workouts have to be personalized to each person. You have to establish your starting point, correct muscle imbalances and weaknesses, and then add size and strength which may be different for different muscles. Maybe you're halfway to getting his shoulders but only a third of the way to getting triceps like his - you would have to adjust the workout accordingly. Plus you need to change the exercises often (say, every four weeks) so it's not like there's "a" (or one) Daniel Craig workout or even one workout for the shape he was in CR or QoS.

Having said all that (I hope it didn't sound like a rant) there's no reason that a 42/43 year old can't be in great shape as long as they have a progressive plan, work out regularly, eat properly (not overly strict, just not overly bad), and exercise at a proper intensity. Sounds like a lot of work but it becomes habit just like doing your laundry or washing the car...or posting on MI6 ;-)
    Well said.
    This is hilarious:

@Panchito you got me!!! :-))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's great. Very funny! How people think up these things I'll never know.
    Here is a hilarious visit Brosnan made to The Muppets. I only posted part 1, but the other three parts of the video are right beside it if you open it in YouTube.
    The video speaks for itself.
    One of the funniest videos I've seen in a while. I saw it a little while back, but hadn't been a member of the forum to post it.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited August 2011 Posts: 543
    @0Brady, that is was funny. "I was hoping for someone slightly better looking." Hilarious!

As I been watching the Bond movies for the last month, I've been hitting Youtube for reviews of the films by other fans. I found this guy who started off by posting reviews, but then just went into the Bond formula:

This is part 7 of his series that is broken down into 10 videos (7.2,7.3, so forth). I thought it was very well done.
    Yes @Artemis, I've recommended that same guy in a Bond documentaries forum here on MI6. He is great at overviewing the films and just finished his Brosnan series. You'll have to check it out. The necessary links are at his YouTube page.
    DAVID BLAINE!!!
    Yes @Artemis, I've recommended that same guy in a Bond documentaries forum here on MI6. He is great at overviewing the films and just finished his Brosnan series. You'll have to check it out. The necessary links are at his YouTube page.
    I'm watching his Brosnan series as I'm watching the films. I hope he will do the Craig ones as well. Speaking of which, are there any other James Bond documentaries around? I have the "James Bond Story" on VHS, and I've seen the one's that come along the movies "GoldenEye" and "Tomorrow Never Dies".

This should suit your needs quite expediently @Artemis. Some other MI6 members and I posted some good documentaries that are worth a look. Here's the link:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/30894#Comment_30894
    This should suit your needs quite expediently @Artemis. Some other MI6 members and I posted some good documentaries that are worth a look. Here's the link:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/30894#Comment_30894
    This is great. Thanks!

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Nicotine is addictive! Just ask this kitten!!

Nicotine is addictive! Just ask this kitten!!

I HATE cats, but that is sickening. The owners need to be taught a lesson. How dare they laugh at something like that.
    [-(
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Yes, I know it's not clever but it did make me laugh.

edited September 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Nice @NicNac!!! That is actually a better ending! All that it's missing is Moore floating off into space, never to make another Bond film again... :-D
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,497
    Rare 1977 BBC Documentary on the Making of The Spy Who Loved Me:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JAMESHOTS007#p/u/21/3r3K-_Wesbs
    The special is broken up into 15 parts. All segments can be found on the youtube users channel.