Which actor would make a good Bond villain?

Comments

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,131
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Viggo is too good looking.

That doesn t mean much. There are other good looking Bond villains.

Mads' was a great good looking villain as Le Chiffre.
    Roadphill wrote: »
    @bondjames Simon Russel Beale is a good shout
    Wasn't Beale rumoured to have a part in Skyfall at some point?

Yes he was. Beale is a thespian Mendes particularly likes. I am surprised he did not show up. He might have made a great Blofeld.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Carl Lumbly could be a great villain.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    Beale also has a rather flamboyant role in Penny Dreadful. Which coincidentally stars Timothy Dalton, Eva Green and Rory Kinnear.
    Beale was great as King Lear.
    Some ideas for a female villain (all previously directed by Steven Soderbergh, who is my fav pick for Bond 25 director):

Gina Carano

gina_carano.jpg

Cate Blanchett

Cate_Blanchett.jpg

Marion Cotillard

marion_cotillard.jpg

Rooney Mara

rooney_mara.jpg
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Wouldn't mind Rooney Mara. I liked her and Craig's chemistry in Dragon Tattoo
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Cate Blanchett most definitely should be a master supervillain a la Victoria Hunt from the Bond comic book Hammerhead. But, someone more distinguished, a female Hugo Drax type of a villain.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Excellent suggestions. We're long overdue for a female villain and Gina Carano would kick some serious butt. She made minced meat out of Fassbender in Soderbergh's Haywire. I loved that scene.
    What I'd love with the pairing of Cate Blanchett and Gina Carano as villains, I'd love Carano to play Mayday to Blanchett's Zorin, with the latter constantly using her to get what she wants, and Bond gets to have a very intensive brawl with Carano who would do anything to protect Blanchett's character, could imply that they are some sort of lovers the way Zorin and Mayday were thought to be until Zorin betrays her after she outlives her usefulness. I'd love a scenario like that.
    Great idea @ClarkDevlin. If they were lovers as well that would add an interesting twist.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    bondjames wrote: »
    Great idea @ClarkDevlin. If they were lovers as well that would add an interesting twist.
    Indeed, @bondjames. Carano's character would be motivated that way, while Blanchett is later revealed to be using her as one of her pawns. Craig or Fassbender as Bond... Now, that'd be perfect. I could imagine the fistfight between Bond and Carano's henchwoman character.
    I'm all for Cate Blanchett but I'd rather have her as a more developed Lucia Sciarra type of character.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Dara Ó Briain as a new Blofeld.
    A few more ideas:

James Cosmo (he is practically the spitting image of Fleming's Drax IMO)

Cosmo.jpg

Glenn Close (would make a terrific higher-up in SPECTRE)

Close.jpg

Peter Capaldi (I don't actually want to see him as a villain, it would be too obvious. He would make a perfect Ronnie Valance though, a character we haven't seen on screen)

Capaldi.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Those are good suggestions. Especially for Drax. Glenn Close could be Irma Bunt.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited June 2017 Posts: 6,716
    Sir Kenneth Charles Branagh.

JACK-RYAN_KENNETH-BRANAGH.png

He could play a serious villain but it would also be interesting to see him portraying an Elliot Carver or Hugo Drax type, still the bad guy but slightly funnier.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    If they bring back Irma Bunt, which actress should play her?

Kathy Bates?

IMO Cillian Murphy would make a good baddie:

Oscar Isaac. Great actor. Watch Ex Machina for a taste.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    gene-hackman-in-runaway-jury.jpg
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    isaacs-as-det-britten.jpg

edited October 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Isaacs would have been an outstanding Bond. He has the likeness of how Fleming originally depicted Bond as a character.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Isaacs would have been an outstanding Bond. He has the likeness of how Fleming originally depicted Bond as a character.

I agree he can do ambiguous well also, he would have brought edge to the character. I still think he would make a good Villain in the DC era
    I like the idea of Isaacs (or at least someone who is Bond's physical equal) being the villain in the next film. It's been a while and raises the stakes.
    His facial similarities with Craig also do bring certain elements to the play. Say somebody impersonated Bond while committing crimes in his name... DoubleShot comes to mind, but without the "twin clone" extravaganza.
    His facial similarities with Craig also do bring certain elements to the play. Say somebody impersonated Bond while committing crimes in his name... DoubleShot comes to mind, but without the "twin clone" extravaganza.
    That's a neat idea. I like it.
    bondjames wrote: »
    That's a neat idea. I like it.
    Double jeopardy, Mister Bond. ;)
    Isaacs could have been an interesting Blofeld too, perhaps?
    Fleming's depiction of Blofeld/Comte Bleuchamp? Oh yes.
    Fleming's depiction of Blofeld/Comte Bleuchamp? Oh yes.

Even the Blofeld-look of the 60's films!

449c0ef1e14acb5e49a6327d24840e02--free-message-jason-isaacs.jpg