Which actor would make a good Bond villain?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If they bring back Irma bunt, which actress should play her?

Angela Merkel.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,261
    Hohoho... :-B X_X
    Last time I posted a pic of Angie Merkel, I received a stern warning from the mods... So I won't do that again. O:-) @-) b-(
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,261
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWwl-bzVT7cZ4vzamc5uxmk5mCnBZE50JyKgyhuud88JhKCfl9RA

Ernst Donald Stavro Blofeld Trump. Or is Bannon Blofeld?
  • I think Danny Huston would make a classic Bond villain.
  • Gary Oldman
    Patrick Stewart
    Malcolm McDowell
    Kevin Spacey
    Marion Cotillard
  • I think Daniel Day Lewis would make a great Bond villain. He is great at portraying evil/sinister characters.

DDL would be great for just about any role. Unfortunately he only makes a movie every five years or so.

With Mads Mikkelsen, Jesper Christensen and Ola Rapace all playing villains in recent Bond films, I sure wouldn't mind names like Stellan Skarsgård or Mikael Persbrandt as Bond villains. When the rumors of Blofeld in Spectre began to appear I immediately thought of Persbrandt as a good candidate. At 6' 2½" he would be more physically imposing to Craig's Bond as well.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    With Mads Mikkelsen, Jesper Christensen and Ola Rapace all playing villains in recent Bond films, I sure wouldn't mind names like Stellan Skarsgård or Mikael Persbrandt as Bond villains. When the rumors of Blofeld in Spectre began to appear I immediately thought of Persbrandt as a good candidate. At 6' 2½" he would be more physically imposing to Craig's Bond as well.
    Agreed. Both would have been preferable to Waltz, who was just fan bait imho.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,599
    Skarsgård always give a good performance IMHO, I have never seen him "phone it in" although Deep Blue Sea perhaps a low point. Ronin one of my favs
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Idris Elba.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    patb wrote: »
    Skarsgård always give a good performance IMHO, I have never seen him "phone it in" although Deep Blue Sea perhaps a low point. Ronin one of my favs
    He was excellent opposite Craig in TGWTDT. I agree on Ronin as well. Also great in Angels and Demons.
    He is one of those actors that really does act but, at the same time, there is a consistant thread running through his performances, : very controlled and cold. Good in Goodwill Hunting also. An actor often overlooked but his supporting roles really do add to the overall result. Best to forget Mama Mia though
    Oh, also: Both Skarsgård and Persbrandt have played Swedish spy Carl Hamilton, based on the books by Jan Guillou:

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I still think they should get Jared Harris for a master supervillain. And give him a very sinister and scary yet sophisticated and darkly charming character to play.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 676
    I like Mikael Persbrandt. I think he might have made a good Blofeld. Certainly better than the German Midget Blofeld we got. The only thing is, I'm not sure how well Persbrandt speaks English.
    John-Goodman.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

Hear me out here. Ladies and gentlemen, the man who would be my choice for the next James Bond villain is Mr. John Goodman. Currently receiving a high amount of praise for his menacing turn in 10 Cloverfield Lane, I feel like he'd have a lot to offer as a Bond villain. Even with his weight loss, he still has an incredible amount of physical presence, he can be threatening, but he can also be quite likable and charismatic, too. I think he'd be a very interesting choice and with the right director, he could be an absolutely fantastic Bond villain.
    Another good idea.

I think Oscar Isaac might make a good Bond villain (maybe something similar to Fleming's Largo):

tumblr_o0lprwJN751qb4bkbo1_500.jpg
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 676
    A few more ideas:

Vincent Cassel

Vincent.jpg

Tilda Swinton

Tilda.jpg

Viggo Mortensen

Viggo.jpg
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Viggo would be so perfect.
    Tilda Swinton would be the perfect Irma Bunt.
    Viggo is too good looking.
    Ludovico wrote: »

That doesn t mean much. There are other good looking Bond villains.

That may be so but I find it more fitting and more Flemingesque to have them ugly. Or at least repulsive in some way. Of course they can just use makeup.

That may be so but I find it more fitting and more Flemingesque to have them ugly. Or at least repulsive in some way. Of course they can just use makeup.

That is true. They all have some affliction, quirk or perversion don t they?
    Milovy wrote: »
    I like Mikael Persbrandt. I think he might have made a good Blofeld. Certainly better than the German Midget Blofeld we got. The only thing is, I'm not sure how well Persbrandt speaks English.
    Well, not the best English for sure, but many Bond villains have strong accents. First part of this interview is in English:

Now, Persbrandt will not be Blofeld (unless they pull of a "very different actor for each portrayal" kind of thing like they did in the 60's - early 70's. But, as a villain in a Bond film, I would rank him as a good candidate.
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    I second Vincent Cassel

Perhaps a little too old now, but if they had brought Blofeld back in the Brosnan era, Patrick Stewart would have absolutely perfect.

Sergi Lopez from Pans Labyrinth would be excellent.

Maybe Matthew Goode, I know he has been linked with Bond himself in the past. A little too cold and aloof for the big one, but perfect for a villain.

Gary Oldman, of course.

Paddy Considine would be an interesting choice.

Werner Herzog showed an interest recently. He too, would be a good choice.

Hiroyuko (I think I got that right) Sanada would be a nice choice for an eastern villain.

• RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    @bondjames Simon Russel Beale is a good shout
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Wasn't Beale rumoured to have a part in Skyfall at some point?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @Roadphill. Yes, @ClarkDevlin, I recall reading he was in the running for some part (perhaps Kincaide?).

If they reboot with a younger Bond, I agree that Oscar Isaacs could be great as a villain. He was excellent in Ex Machina.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Anthony Hopkins
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    Viggo Mortensen is an excellent choice. Good call on that one.

Also Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins.
  • TheSharkFromJawsTheSharkFromJaws Amity Island Waters
    CountJohn wrote: »
    Gary Oldman
    Patrick Stewart
    Malcolm McDowell
    Kevin Spacey
    Marion Cotillard
    I'd bet money that she'd play the villain in a Nolan directed Bond flick.