Which actor would make a good Bond villain?

Comments

• edited May 2016 Posts: 503
    Robin Wright
    Glenn Close
    Bryan Cranston
    Giancarlo Esposito
    Michael Caine
    Hugh Laurie
    Joke suggestion : Mike Myers
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Jaoquin Phoenix could be a good Bond villain, in the psycho department..
    Agreed. Disturbingly brilliant in Gladiator imho.

I like Daniel Bruhl as well. Marvel has gotten to him first, but he is versatile. He'd probably work better with a younger Bond actor though.
    Rutger Hauer
    John-Goodman.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1

Hear me out here. Ladies and gentlemen, the man who would be my choice for the next James Bond villain is Mr. John Goodman. Currently receiving a high amount of praise for his menacing turn in 10 Cloverfield Lane, I feel like he'd have a lot to offer as a Bond villain. Even with his weight loss, he still has an incredible amount of physical presence, he can be threatening, but he can also be quite likable and charismatic, too. I think he'd be a very interesting choice and with the right director, he could be an absolutely fantastic Bond villain.

I like this suggestion. Goodman's a constantly underrated actor and one who never comes up in these types of discussions, yet when he gets his time on screen, he always makes the most of it. It would certainly be a more left field choice than we're used to, but he's someone that could bring some menace to the part unlike some of the American actors who have taken on villain roles in the past.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Joss Ackland would be have been a good choice for a Bond villain.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited May 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Al Pacino would make a great over the top Villain very much in the style of Price or even bigger.

for a female Main Villain id like to see : Glen Close, Hellen Mirren, Charlotte Rampling, Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchet.
    For a Ultra Sexy female Main Villain id choose : Charlize Theron, Catherine Zeta Jones, Rosamund Pike( i know she was Miranda Frost but this time she wouldn't be a hench woman), Famke Janssen ( the same case as Rosamund Pike).

It all depends on the type of Villain.
    Im more interested in seing a female villain in the vains of Rosa Kleb and Irma Bunt than a Femme Fatale type Like Frost, though a slightly satire of one like Xenia Onatopp would be cool.

Thats why i loved Xenia she was a Femme Fatale but also was a satire of a femme Fatale at the same time

As a main Male Villain id like an over the top type like Elit Carver
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 1,261
    Idris Elba
    Sir Ian McKellen
    Lee Byung-Hun
    Benedict Wong
    Cillian Murphy (or also a probable Bond contender?)
    Michael Fassbender (or maybe he'll be the next James Bond?)
    Liam Neeson
    Jeremy Northam
    Jeremy Irons
    Dougray Scott
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    Thomas Kretschmann, for one. IMO, he would have made a good Blofeld - even better than Christoph Waltz (No offence to the latter though, he's still got some pretty decent roles under his belt.)

thomas_kretschmann_as_major_otto_ernst_remer_wallpaper-other1.jpg

Then there's Daniel Brühl. The one thought I had at the end of Civil War? "This man is the next Blofeld."

latest?cb=20160427015223
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Mikael Persbrandt - either a suitable villain or a henchman:

MV5BMjA5MTQxNzEyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM1MzIyNjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,667,1000_AL_.jpg
    MV5BMTQxNTI1MjIwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjY4MTkzMjE@._V1_.jpg

Yes, and Thomas Ketschmann could be a good villain, but also a great henchman.

edited September 2016 Posts: 1,261
    Or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau:

Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau_(14771529841)_(cropped).jpg

Nikolaj-Coster-Waldau-GQ-Espana-February-2015-Cover-Photo-Shoot-004-800x1001.jpg

Nikolaj Lie Kaas:

nikolaj-lie-kaas-03.jpg

Christian Berkel:
    berkel-christian-9dbebf78.jpg

Sylvester Groth:
    sylvestergroth102_v-contentgross.jpg

Ulrich Matthes (who was offered the role of Le Chiffre, but had to decline due to theatre commitments in Berlin an excellent (theatre) actor, had the opportunity to watch him playing Clov in Beckett's END GAME)):

ulrich_matthes_1.jpg

matthes_ulrich_8882.jpg
    Mikael Persbrandt - either a suitable villain or a henchman:

MV5BMjA5MTQxNzEyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM1MzIyNjE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,667,1000_AL_.jpg
    MV5BMTQxNTI1MjIwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjY4MTkzMjE@._V1_.jpg

Yes, and Thomas Ketschmann could be a good villain, but also a great henchman.

I'd go with that, he was great in Beck.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    I'd go with that, he was great in Beck.

Agreed.
  • Benedict Cumberbatch

Richard Armitage

Richard Roxburgh

Peter Dinklage
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Bill Nighy

Dangerous and witty.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Cillian Murphy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Persbrandt would be a terrible choice. Nice guy, but if we want nice guys I would rather have Russell the Crow.
    Glenn Close would b e good.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    bondjames wrote: »
    THIS guy would make great villain. Apart from his smalls hands. And his short fingers...
    giphy.gif
    That's funny. I missed the Sanders bit on the first watch.

WTH!!! Sorry old post but ummm that gif generates so many questions. What was Sanders doing? Why was he rolling? Was Trump going to B slap him??? Like rolling a hyena next to a lion with tiny baby paws.... why would you do that?
  • Burn Gorman as a secondary antagonist or henchman would be great! I've already cast him in my re-do of Spectre.

36.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,415
    wife_alone-360x240.jpg
    Sean Patrick Reilly (As Henchman)
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0717746/

tn-500_huthphoto-kah_3408.jpg

Sean+Patrick+Reilly+Richard+Vetere+Celebrates+ufz01c5JSc4l.jpg

For the part of Hildebrand
    Who i hope going to be the guy on Vesper video
    and some flashbacks:

Matthias Schoenaerts. Belgium actor. He was ask for playing Batman, the part go to Ben Afleck. Speaks Flemish (Dutch), French and English. You can see him with Marion Cotillard in Blood Ties and De rouille et d'os, The Danish Girl and Far from the Madding Crowd.

''24 Uur met''. With optional English subtitels.

I think he is match for Daniel Craig, Eva Green and producers. Moost intresting part is about ''giving a litle bit but not whole hand'' part. Intresting for whant i like to see what there doing with short version of ''Hildebrand''.

Schermafbeelding_2016-01-12_om_12.04_.09__hbLXtGaA-500-376.png

Short version:

Hildebrand is death, but his ideas not. We going to see flashbacks of him and Vesper, Mr white and mabey some others.

Long version:

Hildebrand is living. Flashbacks of him and Vesper,Mr White and others. Bond wil meet the guy.

In between version option 1:

There think he is death, but his idea's not. We know more then Mi6: He is stil a life. We going to see flashbacks of him and Vesper, Mr White and others. Bond wil meet him after the discovery he is stil a life. So it wil be a bit like Goldeneye, with difrence we know it already but Mi6 don't.

In between version option 2:

There think he is death, but his idea's not. Then very late in movie he is stil a life.
    But the moment Bond think he got him he is death.

Sadley Alan Rickman passing this year, i consider him for part of Hildebrand too. Hildebrand can be everbody: Old, Young, Male, Famale and there can do what there whant: Ghost, Death, Living.

il-gioiellino-remo-girone-foto-dal-film-10_mid.jpg?1298906138
    Remo Girone http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0320969/

piovra_10_remo_girone_ft_021_jpg_mtfv.jpg

a9cd228649c0f2e9869fe5cb6fee1cd4.jpg

girone.jpg

More pictures
    http://www.kinoweb.it/cinema/il_gioiellino/photogallery.html
    http://www.kinoweb.it/cinema/il_gioiellino/photogallery_2.html
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    We're overdue for a female villain. Glenn Close or Tilda Swinton.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Both excellent choices. Tilda Swinton was superb in Michael Clayton.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Hugh Laurie (in the same vein as Michael Lonsdale in Moonraker)

Samuel L. Jackson Oh wait, he starred in Kingsman...why not after all.

Liam Neeson for a top duel with Bond (006 style)

Alfred Molina

Sir Ian McKellen

Joaquin Phoenix

Meryl Streep

John Malkovich

Anthony Hopkins

Angelina Jolie (à la Xenia Onatopp)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Would love to see Ian McKellen as a Bond villain. Why hasn t this happened yet?
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Burn Gorman as a secondary antagonist or henchman would be great! I've already cast him in my re-do of Spectre.

36.jpg

Sean Patrick is such an incredible first and second name .. :D ..just saying
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Just watched that Inferno with Tom Hanks. Certainly my least favourite of the three Robert Langdon films but that's by the by.

Irrfan Khan is total class in it and owns every scene he's in.

Now that we're stuck with SPECTRE as an entity I wouldn't be against him playing Tamil Rahani about 10 years from now (so the middle to the end of the new Bond actor's run).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Choi-Min-sik-New-World-still.jpg

or

Jai-rencontr%C3%A9-le-Diable-Photo-Promo-6.jpg
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Hugh Laurie would be outstanding. I know he was in the Night Manager but he could still do something completely different for Bond.

He would be the best Bond villain ever. There is a moment on house where he was imitating blofeld including the cat and i thought wooow he would have been incredible maybe even surpasing Waltz.
    Anyway if they insist on bringing Blofeld back then change actor and they should go for Hugh it would be gold standards to a whole new level
  • KaijuDirectorOO7KaijuDirectorOO7 Once Upon a Time Somewhere...
    edited October 2016 Posts: 189
    Would love to see Ian McKellen as a Bond villain. Why hasn t this happened yet?

Well he was the man with the Midas touch in the Goldfinger radio play. Does that count?

(And for the record, Gandalf planning to rob Fort Knox is just pure music.)
    edited October 2016 Posts: 1,261
    If they bring back Irma Bunt, which actress should play her?