Recommend a Bond film

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Decisions, decisions...

Look man, go big with TND, or small with TLD; you can't lose either way. :)>-
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Decisions, decisions...

Look man, go big with TND, or small with TLD; you can't lose either way. :)>-

While it wasn't recent, I had a Brosnan Bondathon quite a few months back, but it's been too long since I saw the beauty that is TLD. I think I'll go with that.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    it's been too long since I saw the beauty that is TLD. I think I'll go with that.
    Like the girl in Enter The Dragon said, wise decision. ;)
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    it's been too long since I saw the beauty that is TLD. I think I'll go with that.
    Like the girl in Enter The Dragon said, wise decision. ;)
    Or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (kind of).
    Who am I recommending this to? A fan who wants to watch one, or someone who's never seen a Bond film before?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Who am I recommending this to? A fan who wants to watch one, or someone who's never seen a Bond film before?

A member here will post about wanting to watch a Bond film, and we all give our two cents on what they should pop in.

Recommending a film to someone new to the franchise is discussed here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/388/recommend-a-1st-bond-film-to-a-newbie-to-the-series/p1

Well, it was to me. I was just trying to let you guys decide which one I watch tonight.
    Have you already? I would recommend GoldenEye for you, Creasy.
    Have you already? I would recommend GoldenEye for you, Creasy.

Not yet. Trying to wrap up a few more things in 'GTA V' first. I started to settle with TLD, but a few people recommended GE, and with it being my favorite, I can watch it X amount of times a day, any day of the week.
    I've been wanting to watch one. I've watched Goldfinger, TLD, LTK, GE, and OHMSS recently so I don't think I want to go to one of those. I'm thinking Thunderball, TSWLM, YOLT, or Octopussy. Something over the top. TWINE is also a possibility.
  • TSWLM is always a good watch, although I've been wanting watch OP lately so there's that too. I also like TWINE...

Dammit, I'm the one recommending the movie!

TSWLM it is.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Go for TB, i'm watching it right now and it is as always a pleasure!
  • Given the long weekend (and that I haven't watched many Bond movies lately), I figure I'll watch one this Monday. As you might have guessed, the one problem is that I don't know which one to pick. And...

go!
    To celebrate the recent 50th birthday of it, you should go with FRWL!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Given the long weekend (and that I haven't watched many Bond movies lately), I figure I'll watch one this Monday. As you might have guessed, the one problem is that I don't know which one to pick. And...

go!

Well for starters, what kind of mood are you in? It definitely affects the recommendation.

• Given the long weekend (and that I haven't watched many Bond movies lately), I figure I'll watch one this Monday. As you might have guessed, the one problem is that I don't know which one to pick. And...

go!

Well for starters, what kind of mood are you in? It definitely affects the recommendation.

It's been a while since I've watched a Bond movie, so I'm down for anything. It's Sir Rog's birthday on Monday, though, so lean toward his movies, I suppose.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I'd pick Spy or Octopussy if it's a Moore film you're after.
    Given the long weekend (and that I haven't watched many Bond movies lately), I figure I'll watch one this Monday. As you might have guessed, the one problem is that I don't know which one to pick. And...

go!

It's been a while since I've watched a Bond movie, so I'm down for anything. It's Sir Rog's birthday on Monday, though, so lean toward his movies, I suppose.

I'd recommend TSWLM, then. A grand, epic adventure for the celebration of an equally grand and epic man.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Moonraker if your feeling in a lighthearted mood. It's one of my Guilty Pleasure Bonds.
  • Go for one of the anniversary releases I.E. From Russia With Love (50 years), Live and Let Die (40 years) or Octopussy (30 years)

You can't go wrong with any of those mentioned titles
    Go for a double feature, Moonraker and For Your Eyes Only.
  • I settled on Octopussy, and it was still good, even if it only sits at #18 on my list. It's above the line of shame, though, and that's what's important.

Thank you for your help, everyone!
    Majesty's Secret Service. One of the best. What a good Bond was ol' George. The bobsled sequence at the end of the film is fantastic.
    I think I have a movie in me before I go to bed, but I don't feel like turning on my 360 to watch Netflix and I don't have anything of interest in my blu-ray collection to immediately dive into now, so someone recommend me a Bond film right now.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think I have a movie in me before I go to bed, but I don't feel like turning on my 360 to watch Netflix and I don't have anything of interest in my blu-ray collection to immediately dive into now, so someone recommend me a Bond film right now.
    It's Christmas time, so how about OHMSS?
    Creasy47 wrote:

Works for me, thanks, Brady! I haven't watched it in a good while, so it'll fit well with the snow outside, as well.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Works for me, thanks, Brady! I haven't watched it in a good while, so it'll fit well with the snow outside, as well.

With pleasure, Creasy. With pleasure.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    I'm itching to watch another Bond film. But I'm torn. Which one? I've narrowed it down to these;

Skyfall!
    Moonraker!!
    Die Another Day!!!
    Licence To Kill!!!!
    Quantum of Solace!!!!!

which one peeps. I'll leave this down to the very fine MI6 members...
    royale65 wrote:
    I'm itching to watch another Bond film. But I'm torn. Which one? I've narrowed it down to these;

Skyfall!
    Moonraker!!
    Die Another Day!!!
    Licence To Kill!!!!
    Quantum of Solace!!!!!

which one peeps. I'll leave this down to the very fine MI6 members...

I'm in the mood for something light. I would go with Moonraker personally. :-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    See SF. Thunderfinger has spoken.