Recommend a Bond film

Comments

MrBond wrote:
    And " You can't kill me, i'm already dead.
    - Not dead enough for me! "

That's the line I was thinking of! That's such a doogin' epic line! Only Brosnan man, only Brosnan.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    We should really meet and watch ALL of Brosnans movies. That would have been awesome!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MrBond wrote:
    We should really meet and watch ALL of Brosnans movies. That would have been awesome!

That we should. I believe @00Beast and I live pretty close to one another here in the States, not sure about your location.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

That we should. I believe @00Beast and I live pretty close to one another here in the States, not sure about your location.

Sign me up! I'm in!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Well put me up on a videolink because i live in Sweden ;)
    Sweden? Lucky.

I thank your country for delivering Stieg Larsson's beautiful 'Millennium' trilogy.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Sweden? Lucky.

I thank your country for delivering Stieg Larsson's beautiful 'Millennium' trilogy.

And that DC is coming back to shot the next two movies in the trilogy!
    @MrBond, I do hope so. I've been anticipating the next two films since I saw TGWTDT around Christmas last year.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    @Creasy47 . The first one was really great and did capture the spirit better then the original movies.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited July 2012 Posts: 858
    I'm at home for the next couple of days recovering, so throw some movies at me! (dvd only please, I don't have a blu-ray player yet)
    just watched AVTAK and TND a couple of days ago, so apart from those two I'm open for sugestions :D
    MartinBond wrote:
    I'm at home for the next couple of days recovering, so throw some movies at me! (dvd only please, I don't have a blu-ray player yet)
    just watched AVTAK and TND a couple of days ago, so apart from those two I'm open for sugestions :D

Let's see now, hmmm.....

How about a double billing of Diamonds Are Forever and Die Another Day?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

Let's see now, hmmm.....

Any man who survives such a trial is more than deserving of a purple heart. ;)
    MartinBond wrote:

If you want a more serious Bond film, TLD or LTK. If you want a light hearted one, OP. Or, if you want a nice mix, TSWLM. You can never go wrong with that one, it's got light heartedness, classic Bond moments and seriousness, it's also really exciting.
    00Beast wrote:
    MartinBond wrote:

Let's see now, hmmm.....

Any man who survives such a trial is more than deserving of a purple heart. ;)

Hahahaha, I was just thinking of which two would fit nicely for a good double bill, and let's just admit, both are quite similiar! Both have their excess of cheesy moments, both have wince-inducing dialogue at parts, both involve the villain using diamonds in the bigger scheme of a death-ray space satellite, and both are the final outing for Connery and Brosnan.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I guess I'll start with all-time favourite "Spy", and do the DAF-DAD double bill tomorrow. ;)
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    MartinBond wrote:
    I guess I'll start with all-time favourite "Spy", and do the DAF-DAD double bill tomorrow. ;)

Sounds like a plan, Stan! Those three would make for an interesting triple bill perhaps, hahaha.
  • Goldeneye. The first Bond film I saw when I was 7 years old.
    It's a sin, but I haven't watched a Bond film in quite some time. I'd like to do another proper Bondathon, but my girlfriend always wants to have one, and I don't feel like starting then re-starting, so chaps, recommend any of the 23 films for me to watch tonight. I'm not sure which to go with.

If you can, recommend something from DN to QoS. I've watched SF so much these past few months, but if that's the recommendation, I'm still up for it. :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Put the numbers 1 - 23 into an online randomiser and see what comes up @Creasy47.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Go for Thunderball, a relaxed Connery just chilling around with beautiful babes in the caribbean can never go wrong!
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    AVTAK- Good fun.
    Did the number randomizer and got 19. So, suggestions are TB, TWINE, or AVTAK. Any other suggestions? I'll do a randomizer for those later on and see what I end up with.

1 - TB
    2- TWINE
    3- AVTAK
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Goldeneye of course! When in doubt, go with your first love.
    Goldeneye of course! When in doubt, go with your first love.

Mmm. I'll have to throw that in the mix, but I won't surprise myself if I just opt for it.
    I'd be feeling some From Russia with Love, or perhaps some Diamonds Are Forever. Nearly polar opposites in terms of tone and direction, but hey, opposites attract!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    When in doubt, Tim it out.
  • There's no such thing as a bad time to watch Goldfinger.
    There's no such thing as a bad time to watch Goldfinger.

A bad time to watch it would be if DN, FRWL, or TB were already on television. ;)
    chrisisall wrote:
    When in doubt, Tim it out.

Well aren't you just Mr. Clever.
    B-)
    Decisions, decisions...