Bond 23 press conference to be held [on 3rd November]

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited October 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
The traditional press conference that marks the kick-off of principal photography on the next James Bond film will be held next month.

As usual, Daniel Craig, director Sam Mendes and producers will meet the world's press to unveil the start of Bond 23 production.

Contrary to media rumours, filming has not already started on Bond 23. It is not scheduled to start until November, when the first scenes will be captured on sound stages at Pinewood, before the production travels to shoot on location.

Filming will continue through June 2012.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Wahooooooooooooooooooooo!

Any date yet on the start of filming or day of the conference @JamesPage?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    There is no fixed date yet.
    For either?

I must say, six to seven months for filming is a long time. Mendes and co. should have all the time they need to capture a fantastic film for Bond's big 5-0.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Great news, I love this exclusive news from MI6, the unique insider! :)

xxx
    Great news! Can't wait for the coverage!
    Is the title Skyfall?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Probably.

xxx
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 503
    Great news, can't wait...

On a related minor topic, can someone change the date format on MI6 news articles to maybe say "9 October 2011" instead of just "09-10-11"? It's very confusing trying to figure out which month we're talking about, it caused some confusion over at IMDb where people were saying the conference would be this month since this article was dated "September 10".
    Great news, can't wait...

On a related minor topic, can someone change the date format on MI6 news articles to maybe say "9 October 2011" instead of just "09-10-11"? It's very confusing trying to figure out which month we're talking about, it caused some confusion over at IMDb where people were saying the conference would be this month since this article was dated "September 10".
    Nah let Imdb be confused it's funnier that way.
  • Exciting times! I love the press conferences... even if the press do all ask the same stock standard questions.
    Great to see that we're getting some concrete news here! As I said on the 'Bond 23 title' thread: we'll still be debating the title of Skyfall right into November ;-)
    Great news! I can't wait!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If EON got their Bond title found out through domain names last time who's to say 'Skyfall' isn't a cover name for Bond 23. I, and a probable slum of others, sure hope so hope so.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    We have something to look forward to. Great news!
    Whoooop! Good ol MI6, you know you can trust `em when it comes to Bond news!
    Getting excited, hope it`s Skyfall!
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    CAN. NOT. WAIT!

I remember when the news broke, all that time ago, that the MGM fiasco was causing production on B23 to be halted. Unlike some of the tabloids, I knew this wouldn't spell the end for Bond, and in my heart I felt that Daniel Craig WOULD return as 007, unlike Dalton who decided to move on while legal problems interrupted his tenure.

However, it is still sweet relief knowing that things are finally going ahead, sets are being built, casts are being finalised. The talent involved in this is immense! We have a dream director, and the supporting cast is amazing. My major concern was that Dan Bradley would return to mess up the action scenes like he did with QoS, but he's been replaced by the guy who did the fantastic sequences in CR.

If the title turns out to be Skyfall then I'm sure we will come to like it, it's just Internet Law that we moan about it at this early stage.

Here's to a wonderful year of set photos, speculation and behind-the-scenes drama in the run up to the final release date! (Provided, of course, by our chums at Mi6-HQ)

\:D/
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Is that "official" in any form? How can we now?...
    Is that "official" in any form? How can we now?...
    You can always trust MI6-HQ.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,894
    Not according to CommanderBond.net. They really hate us over there, and I don't know why. Someone attacked us this morning for trying to propogate rumours:
    First of all Bond No # 23 has began filming at Pinewood this is a bogus MI-6 Story someone must of just read and posted ,the story cites no source whatsoever (MI-6 TRYING TO LOOK GOOD AGAIN ALL THE WHILE THEY JUST GET THE NEWS JUST LIKE THE REST OF US THRU GOOGLE).
    I was the one who posted the story in question - and I got it from CBn.
    That other Bond forum is a funny place! :D Back in 2005/2006 it was a decent place to visit, but nowadays it's just a big joke...
    I'd just like to know why they think so little of us when they're populated by people who imply a connection to EON and then attack anyone who questions them about it or asks them to prove it.
    Ah, funny old CBn. Its just an old, old, rivalry. I can remember when I was a noob on KTBEU, I used them as a source on a news story I posted. My thread got locked by JP (I think) - and explained to me by PM (again, I think) that it was just complicated and couldn't go into it.

Anyway, glad to hear about the presser.
    It was only a rumour to begin with that filming was already taking place, likely because people wanted it to be true. It's up to others if they want to get protective over that and put so much weight behind the 'news'.

I just hope the press conference is early next month and not held on the 30th. ;-)
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Exciting, can't wait!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I also can't wait. Hopefully there will be a link posted either here or on the MI6 page.
    I also can't wait. Hopefully there will be a link posted either here or on the MI6 page.
    If, like last time, the BBC had a stream of the conference on their website. It was also made for worldwide viewing if I remember correctly. MI6 will have the link I'm sure, no need to worry about that.

I downloaded it afterwards though have since deleted it. A shame as I should have kept and held onto that piece of history.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I´m not a man from CBn. Just one more Bond fan and critic (well, i´ve written some books, yes...). Just was asking about some "official" confirmation to start dreaming...
    Thank you for your responses.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694
    The ending won't be what we think. EON wouldn't let the ending location's needs known if we could figure it out.
    Not according to CommanderBond.net. They really hate us over there, and I don't know why. Someone attacked us this morning for trying to propogate rumours:
    First of all Bond No # 23 has began filming at Pinewood this is a bogus MI-6 Story someone must of just read and posted ,the story cites no source whatsoever (MI-6 TRYING TO LOOK GOOD AGAIN ALL THE WHILE THEY JUST GET THE NEWS JUST LIKE THE REST OF US THRU GOOGLE).
    I was the one who posted the story in question - and I got it from CBn.
    In all fairness to CBn, that quote was just from one poster, not from CBn as a whole.

• I have noticed some of the same posts over on CBn as on here, so obviously there are people here who post on both sites. I think this site is more fun as far as the various people who post, so I choose to be here. I know my Bond brothers who run this site will do an outstanding job of keeping us informed on all the proceedings and news as it happens, they know what they are doing and I have confidence in them.

I believe that there are rehearsals and various preparations going on now, but I didn't buy into the rumor that there was any actual filming going on. People are excited and somewhat impatient and want details and things to be moving along, and I can understand how it got started. I am as excited as anyone, I remember my anticipation for Sir Sean's return to the role in 1971 and reading all the press clippings and 40 years later, I still feel the same anticipation whether it's been 2, 4, or 6 years between films. Can't wait to get the date for the press conference and watch the proceedings with my kids when we get home from work and school.

I always felt sure that DC would be back for this film and I believe he may have another one in him if not 2. I'm sure the money will be there and he loves doing the films and has been a great Bond both on and off screen. I don't think anyone could fairly complain about his professionalism.