Bond vs an ancient illuminati type organisation

edited August 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 12,837
there used to be a real life order known as the hasashins, who had lots of political power during the crusades. They recently got more famous with the release of the assasins creed games.

I like the idea of Bond fighting some ancient cult or organisation, if not this lot then someone else. i think its best suited to a darker bond.

what do you guys think of the idea?

Comments

I don't like it. A lot of your ideas are adaptations of video games. I can maybe understand it when they're Bond games, but when you start incorporating ideas from other franchises, it's taking things too far. There's also an existing thread for plot ideas:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/108/bond-23-detailed-plot-development/p1

You don't need to start a new thread every time.
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I don't like it. A lot of your ideas are adaptations of video games. I can maybe understand it when they're Bond games, but when you start incorporating ideas from other franchises, it's taking things too far. There's also an existing thread for plot ideas:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/108/bond-23-detailed-plot-development/p1

You don't need to start a new thread every time.
    this isn't a detailed bond 23 idea. just something i thought could be interesting.

As for the plot, although assasins creed was how i got intrested in the whole assasin idea, i meant for the film to be based more on the real life version rather than the video game.

And it doesnt have to be them. could be any ancient organisation.
    double post
    This is excellence. Give this man a medal.
    Changed the title to broaden the thread. I still like the idea of Bond fighting some secret Illuminati type cult, even if it's not the assassins.

Maybe include hints of the supernatural to give the film more of a mysterious creepy tone, ala the voodoo stuff in LALD?
  • I don't think it's a horrible idea @thelivingroyale. Although I'd rather they stick with developing QUANTUM, perhaps they could impart to them some Mason-like qualities along the way.
    I think it's a perfectly good idea. Perhaps some secret society that taps into nationalistic impulses rooted in a country's ancient glory. This society would seek to whip up the masses and cause God knows what sort of trouble in the present. Clive Cussler's Treasure has a plot rather like this.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Like Lara Croft? no thank you. I like the larger then live villains, and tbh the secret society thing has been done in games and films too often. Even the not-so-secret ones like the Free Masons have been mentioned time and time again.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The underlying concept isn't alien to the Bond series, isn't that what SPECTRE and Quantum have/are being? Although, I'd rather leave out the supernatural stuff.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    doubleoego wrote:
    The underlying concept isn't alien to the Bond series, isn't that what SPECTRE and Quantum have/are being? Although, I'd rather leave out the supernatural stuff.
    Well they're hardly ancient, they're just modern-day criminal organisations. He hasn't even taken on the mobs or mafia yet, and they're fairly old criminal organisations. Especially the mafia. I could stand that, as they're both old and criminal, but there should be a larger-then-life plan behind it or it wouldn't work.

• edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494
    doubleoego wrote:
    Well they're hardly ancient, they're just modern-day criminal organisations. He hasn't even taken on the mobs or mafia yet, and they're fairly old criminal organisations. Especially the mafia. I could stand that, as they're both old and criminal, but there should be a larger-then-life plan behind it or it wouldn't work.

In a sort of way, Bond did deal with "the mob" in the form of Marc-Ange Draco. The "Unione Corse" was a real life mob outfit. Unfortunately for the purposes of a realistic foe, the Sicilian Mafia and the American La Cosa Nostra have taken such a beating by law enforcement that at the moment they don't appear to be a significant threat. Back in their day they were as pervasive as QUANTUM, insidiously working their way into every aspect of business and society. Certainly not one that has led the U.S government this past week to close down Middle East embassies and issue travel warnings.

I would sooner them flesh out Quantum more? With more menacing characters and darker plot lines? Quantum can become just as memorable as Spectre!
    Be a bit nicer to @TheLivingRoyale please. At least he's a fan who likes to make some nice suggestions for the future of Bond.
  • I don't want them to replace Quantum or become a recurring threat, I just think that a secret ancient cult would make good villains.
    My big reservation with this suggestion is that it belongs a bit too much to Dan Brown and conspiracy fiction. Or Indiana Jones. Not sure it would work in a Bond movie. I guess in a way SMERSH was akin to this and could be used as such.