Which is your least favourite decade?

MrBondMrBond Station S
edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,044
For an answer for that question, i say the 70's which only had two films over average - TMWTGG and TSWLM.

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,347
    Hmm, this is a close one...

70's: two "bad" ones in DAF and TMWTGG
    80's: two "bad ones in AVTAK and LTK

The rest of the decades will have to decide. TSWLM is quite high in my ranking, but so are FYEO and TLD. I guess the 70's is the overall lowpoint for me as well.

Edit: Oops, I totally forgot about the 00's. With CR being the only good film, it's the definite lowpoint.

The 2000's. The dark ages. 3 bad films in a row.
    Cartoon parasailing, yo mama, Madge shriek singing and stiff acting, finger slobbering, mini-hulk crane jumping, blue speedo, dumpster diving, general foul Haggfishiness.
    Shudder. :-S =P~
  • Yes, the 1970s for me as well. All five films are in the bottom half of my rankings, although just one of them making the bottom-3 (DAF).
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The '90's by far. Though the '70's and '00s aren't very good either. Let's hope the '10's should some big signs of improvement.
    The 60's - the greatest films ever made. These movies will be studied and revered forever. Sean and Ian Fleming will become major historical figures akin to Julius Ceasar, Shakespeare, JFK, George Washington, the Beatles, Led Zep, the Rolling Stones. The legacy of Fleming and Connery will persist until the end of human history.

The 70's post classic era. A great 2nd decade of Bond in all its Rog, mostly John Barry, Guy Hamilton and Lewis Gilbert glory.

The 80's neo-classic era. A worthy continuation of the legacy.

The 90's - the post classic eras are done. Welcome to Brozzerville.

The 2000's - as described -the dark ages.

Bond awaits re-birth and rejuvenation.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 23
    70's easily. Two of them are in my bottom 3.
    My answer would probably be the early 70s. Three very run-of-the mill adventures (2 of which are strong contenders for weakest films of the series IMO). Also, knowing that the relationship between Brocolli and Saltzman was reaching breaking point by this time didn't help. TSWLM provided the series with the much needed jolt of energy it needed.
  • I guess the 00s. 1 great movie 1 below average one and 1 average one. I must say I love the 70s tho.
  • CISCIS Suspended
    edited March 2011 Posts: 52
    Either the '70s or the '00s.
    70's. No question. I mean that decade starts with DAF/LALD/TMWTGG and ends with MR. It's bad. Really bad.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 50
    I have a soft spot for MR and TSWLM, so I can't bring myself to choose the 70's. I'd say the 90's were my least favorite Bond decade.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    90's barely over the 00's. CR saved the last decade.
  • TubesTubes The Hebrew Hammer
    The 60's had YOLT
    The 70's had TMWTGG
    The 80's had AVTAK
    The 90's had TWINE
    The 00's had DAD

Cripes, each decade has quality titles mixed in with their crap. It practically has to go to the 90's by default, if only because GE and TND aren't exactly classics either.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    the 70's
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    The '90s.
  • 90's. Not even close. They make up my bottom 3.
    This looks like a job for math! Or perhaps maths!

1960s: 46.50/6 = 7.75
    1970s: 28.50/5 = 5.70
    1980s: 35.25/5= 7.05
    1990s: 19.25/3= 6.41666…
    2000s: 16.00/3= 5.333…

Die Another Day, which scored 0.75 out of 10 in my last marathon, really ruined things for the other '00s students.
    2000´s. DAD says the rest.
    Always: 1960s, the Beatles, Dr No coming to the screen (having read the novel before),
    John Barry's music, From Russia with Love, Ipcress file, Funeral in Berlin.....
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Least favourite would have to be the 90's, we had to wait half the decade just for them to appear and then after the very good GE we got the disappointing TND's and the ever so dull TWINE.
    90's by far. Can't believe the dislike for the 70's here.
  • Least favorite is definitely the 70's. Only produced 2 decent films in LALD and TSWLM, everything else was rubbish.
    The '90's followed by the '70's. Both awful but the '90's more than have the edge in this contest.
  • 60s - Golden Age
    70s - Silver Age
    80s - Bronze Age
    90s - Sewage
    00s - Interesting age this one, with one classic (Qos), one middler (CR) and one piece of crap (DAD)
  • Quoting GeorgeLazenby: 90s - Sewage
    I will never understand all the hatred for the 90's.
    This decade we stand a chance of getting 4 films again - at last. I hope it's able to happen.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting RogueThunderball: I will never understand all the hatred for the 90's.
    Just a few issues which Mr. Lazenby and I tend to agree with:
    - Brosnan was by far the worst Bond, or at least just plain bad. Bad acting, the pain faces, the overly acted stuff...
    - TWINE is nothing more than a soap opera with a big budget
    - TND is the Kung Fu 90s flick with Bond in it
    - GE is hit and miss, I liked it in general, other than for Brosnan.
    - David Arnold scores are rubbish next to John Barry

You may not agree, but now you have a bit more of info on our point of view ;)
  • @Luds
    I fiercely disagree with you but I respect your opinion.
    Well seeing as the 90s was the period I grew up with Bond I certainly can't hate it. My least favourite decade was the (early) 70s.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Quoting BAIN123: Well seeing as the 90s was the period I grew up with Bond I certainly can't hate it.
    That is precisely one of my theories mate. Born in 79, I was a Dalton kid. He's not my favourite, but is my 2nd favourite and I love both his flicks... I'm sure if we studied this most people would end up being big fans of their childhood Bond, the same applies to general childhood heroes.

@RogueThunderball - Well all good mate! This was for your information only ;) I'm sure as you read you'll find more info as to why some people dislike the Brosnan era or Brosnan himself. Just the same as all eras (well except Connery, who'd dislike that!? X_X )