If you could re-enact any pre-titles sequence in real life, which would you choose?

Personally, I would choose The Living Daylights. It absolutely screams "spy thriller" - the parachute jump, the ominous music, the KGB assassin lurking around and murdering 004, and the incredible chase that ensues. It just seems like so much fun!

Which one would you choose?

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Excellent thread idea!

Tomorrow Never Dies. Nothing but fighter jet awesomeness, with the looming threat of a nuclear explosion. No PTS in the series has more of a "save the world; kill some terrorists" feel.
    Excellent thread idea!

Tomorrow Never Dies. Nothing but fighter jet awesomeness, with the looming threat of a nuclear explosion. No PTS in the series has more of a "save the world; kill some terrorists" feel.

Thanks so much! It's something I've thought about posting for awhile.

I love TND! It was the film I grew up with as a kid. Fave parts of this scene are the explosive lighter, Bond firing the assault rifle from the jet, and of course, the whole jet sequence!
  • Well, certainly not LALD. FYEO also doesn't come off as particularly appealing.

Maybe TSWLM or MR for the sheer magnitude of those stunts, although given my acrophobia, I don't think I'd replicate them nearly as well as the stuntmen. The GF PTS doesn't seem too bad, either.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    AVTAK of course!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    TWINE, I'd love to ride that Q-Boat. :D
  • Without a doubt, MR. I love skydiving and that sequence is awesome. It takes incredible skill to go catch someone in midair. Believe me, I've tried and can't do it. The wind factor takes away your accuracy. Cheers to the stuntmen.
    Dr. NO.
  • tanaka123 wrote: »
    Dr. NO.

True, the gunbarrel scene is something that I'd actually be able to do, unlike the stunt-filled action sequences of other PTS's.
  • GE for the bungee jump.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Dr. NO.

True, the gunbarrel scene is something that I'd actually be able to do, unlike the stunt-filled action sequences of other PTS's.

I thought that might have been a joke from @tanaka123 though. ;)
  • I know :)

But seriously, I think that'd be the only one I could do.
    I know :)

But seriously, I think that'd be the only one I could do.

Me too, and I'd probably trip while doing it! :))
  • @Dragonpol - If you manage to recover afterwards you'll be doing the TB-DAF gunbarrel.
    @Dragonpol - If you manage to recover afterwards you'll be doing the TB-DAF gunbarrel.

Don't tell me that! I guess those Connery ones are all the same shot then, albeit with some different music!

I see you love the gunbarrels from your avatar, @stun_harvesting. How'd you come up with your username by the way?
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Don't tell me that! I guess those Connery ones are all the same shot then, albeit with some different music!

Of course it's the same shot. There are some visual differences too, but that's obvious. I honestly don't know which is worse - Simmons' hopskotch-before-I-shoot gunbarrels or Connery's tripping-on-nothing gunbarrels.
    I see you love the gunbarrels from your avatar, @stun_harvesting. How'd you come up with your username by the way?

I don't know if I love them, but I took the one from the first Bond movie I saw in the cinema, Live and Let Die. As for my username, it's a combination of two gaming terms. I know, I'm in my 50's, but I sometimes find time for it. My excuse? Kevin Spacey plays video games!
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Of course it's the same shot. There are some visual differences too, but that's obvious. I honestly don't know which is worse - Simmons' hopskotch-before-I-shoot gunbarrels or Connery's tripping-on-nothing gunbarrels.

I don't know if I love them, but I took the one from the first Bond movie I saw in the cinema, Live and Let Die. As for my username, it's a combination of two gaming terms. I know, I'm in my 50's, but I sometimes find time for it. My excuse? Kevin Spacey plays video games!

Thanks for that, @stun_harvesting. I'm afraid I'm not the biggest expert here on the gunbarrels, nor am I overly interested in them. Not as much as some other Bond fans anyhow.
  • @Dragonpol - Not sure what you were thanking me for, but you're welcome.
    Gunbarrel sequences rock
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Goldfinger. I would love to sneak in, plant the explosives, head to the bar and light a cigarette in a tux and return to fight Capungo. Simple, yet satisfying.

I would probably do TMWTGG as well... minus the part of getting shot.
    Skyfall
  • Well, it doesn't say you have to be Bond, so you could reenact Scaramanga.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Well, it doesn't say you have to be Bond, so you could reenact Scaramanga.

True, but I think part of the fun would be not knowing the layout of the funhouse.

Really now!
    Am I the only one wanting snowboarding/skiing in Iceland and getting laid in a cosy bed including champagne?!?!
  • Well, I don't fancy exploring some creepy dark place with mannequins equipped with live guns and then being shot in the head after failing to miss several shots at a decently close range.
  • Really now!
    Am I the only one wanting snowboarding/skiing in Iceland and getting laid in a cosy bed including champagne?!?!

I think a combination of the Beach Boys theme (I know you won't hear it, but its associated with the AVTAK PTS) and being laid by someone probably half your age turns several people away.
    Really now!

I think a combination of the Beach Boys theme (I know you won't hear it, but its associated with the AVTAK PTS) and being laid by someone probably half your age turns several people away.

She's not half my age :))
    Really now!

I'll think about it once I'm 57
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 337
    Hmm. For a moment, I forgot that it's you re-enacting it and I thought you become Bond. Sorry @BondJasonBond006 if I offended you :))
    I want to be Tanner in the Skyfall PTS
  • I want to be Blofeld in the FYEO PTS