Bondian Ads

edited October 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 5,808
Given that James Bond is a cultural icon, it was, I presume, unavoidable that advertisings would copy the style of his movies. Here are three ads made in France. The first one was about the Peugeot 205 and saw the car chased by a helicopter:

The second one is about the same car, and could be considered a follow-up to the first:

And the third one is for a scratch lottery game called Blackjack. Self-explanatory:

I'm still looking for the advert for an insurance company with Bond and Q (it was for cinemas. For TV, Jim Phelps was the hero). Any others?

Comments

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,312
    ... and all because the Lady loves Milk Tray!

The list of ads goes on...
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    Check out latest Virgin Airlines ad..very Daniel Kleinman. Very Bond inspired. Great stuff.
  • Check out latest Virgin Airlines ad..very Daniel Kleinman. Very Bond inspired. Great stuff.
    it's already up there mate if you have a look.

and here's a more blatant one:

http://gu.com/p/2xvna
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    ^ I still have an unopened can of this in my 007 cupboard...very sad but I'm hoping to take it to the antiques roadshow in 2030 :-))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694
    That James Bond Coca Cola ad looked better than the QoS theme graphics!!! Am I right??
  • That James Bond Coca Cola ad looked better than the QoS theme graphics!!! Am I right??
    yep but the bond dancing girls for coke however are wearing something boooooooooo
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That James Bond Coca Cola ad looked better than the QoS theme graphics!!! Am I right??
    Yes! That title sequence was the pits. Proof that Kleinman should never go anywhere ever again - and that MK12 suck.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Yes! That title sequence was the pits. Proof that Kleinman should never go anywhere ever again - and that MK12 suck.
    One of the few things I dislike about QoS. A few parts of the theme were cool, like near the opening with Bond in front of a cool orange desert backdrop, but the flair got lost too much. It is still a cool thrilling theme design though, in my opinion. Bond falling in midair is cool, and the traveling bullet at the end into the sand was different.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    One of the few things I dislike about QoS. A few parts of the theme were cool, like near the opening with Bond in front of a cool orange desert backdrop, but the flair got lost too much. It is still a cool thrilling theme design though, in my opinion. Bond falling in midair is cool, and the traveling bullet at the end into the sand was different.
    The next title sequence would do well to not have Bond in it at all, in my opinion. Too many films are doing this now, putting the lead character in their titles, so Bond needs to break the trend. With Kleinman's help I hope he can come up with something fresh as so much of what you see today looks as if everything has been done.
    Speaking of Coke, here's one very funny for Coca Zero:

• I've always enjoyed this ad...with Pierce Brosnan

Just watched this :

And this one :

And this :

Robbie Williams for the part of James Bond in the future ? Why not ?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2017 Posts: 4,554
    I thought I would resurrect this thread to throw this out there. I stumbled across it today. It's one of those WTH moments.

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Maybe this has been posted before on this board...considering the commercial is from 1975. It is Bondian only to a limited extent, but shows you how Goldfinger's Russian cousin may be. Unfortunately, poor video quality.

Life in Mono would have made a great Bond theme.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    TripAces wrote: »
    I thought I would resurrect this thread to throw this out there. I stumbled across it today. It's one of those WTH moments.

Wow, that actually gave me a smile. Any idea how old that ad is?
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 5,808
    https://player.ina.fr/player/embed/PUB3491030001/1/1b0bd203fbcd702f9bc9b10ac3d0fc21/460/259/1'

One I wanted to share for a long time, for the insurance company UAP.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Gerard wrote: »
    https://player.ina.fr/player/embed/PUB3491030001/1/1b0bd203fbcd702f9bc9b10ac3d0fc21/460/259/1'

One I wanted to share for a long time, for the insurance company UAP.

"Error loading media. File could not be played."
    Funny, on my end, it works quite well. Maybe here :

https://ina.fr/video/PUB3491030001
    No, while the page looks quite different, the problem is the same. The message appears on what is probably the first frame of the video. May have something to do with copyright issues, just like a lot of foreign stuff cannot be seen on German Youtube.
    In service of good taste : Café Royal :

• JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    A series of ads for an insurance company. Yes, it's inspired by Austin Powers, but as Austin was inspired by Bond :

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited April 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Does this qualify?

Starring Banderas as his swaggering cool and stylish self, and Olga Kurylenko being lovely as usual.
    When you don't have cheese, you better do it yourself :

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Not exactly Bondian, but hey... we've got Remington Steele era Brosnan in a tux.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Not exactly Bondian, but hey... we've got Remington Steele era Brosnan in a tux.

That was...really something!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Exactly!