Connections of Non Bond Films with Bond films

SzonanaSzonana Mexico
edited April 2016 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,130
Im sure all of you have noticed in many films a Bond element even though its not a Bond film and you will notice it even more in films from the directors who worked with Bond once or twice.

Somi decided to open this thread to share all those similarities

Im gonna start with

The Mask of Zorro, The Legend of Zorro and Goldenye all directed by Martin Campbell

the Villain Alec and Capitan Love die the same way. They fall from a hiagh place and then a hevay object falls all over them.
Goldeneye and Legend of Zorro the Train scene Bond" Zorro gets in to the train to save Elena and Natalya in their respective films nd then comes they fight the main characters escape and train explodes.

We have a villain with an ironic Name Captian Love in The Mask of Zorro and we have the guy with the wooden teeth in Legend of Zorro which is slightly reminding to Jaws.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Banderis' Zorro is Batman + Bond divided by era.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,130
    chrisisall wrote: »

You are right he had many traits of Batman as well like the double identity and Elena's adoptive father was like Rhas al Ghoul.
    He had the mask of Batman and cape as well.

The Zorro Character in general is a mix between those Two( Batman and Bond.)
    Slightly out of Topic but that's why I think Martin Campbell should do a Batman film or Two.

It's totally his type lf Hero, he would be in his element actually he could dethron Nolan and Burton as the Best Batman director.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The mother of the title of this thread is of course:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    The mother of the title of this thread is of course:

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Isn't that a musical?
    Or am i confusing it with another film

• Connections?

You mean like how the FRWL helicopter sequence is basically a rip off of the cropduster sequence from Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest? Not that it was any less thrilling of course.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Connections?

You mean like how the FRWL helicopter sequence is basically a rip off of the cropduster sequence from Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest? Not that it was any less thrilling of course.

They do have to be rip offs but they could be scenes which are similar to others and yes that one counts or the other waoy around latter films shich remind you Bond film

Spectre - John Logan Screenwriter - a son is jealous of his father's father-like affection to someone else

Gladiator - John Logan Screenwriter - a son is jealous of his father's father-like affection to someone else
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Spectre - John Logan Screenwriter - a son is jealous of his father's father-like affection to someone else

Gladiator - John Logan Screenwriter - a son is jealous of his father's father-like affection to someone else

Thats a great one, since the first time i watched Spectre inthought the idea of Blofeld being mad against his father to the point of killing him because he loved More someone who was like an adoptive son was stolen from Gladiator and now i know both films had the same screen writer.

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    chrisisall wrote: »

Well, Batman is inspired by Zorro so no coincidence there ;)

Anyway, Bond, Zorro and Batman are my three favourite heroes in cinema so I couldn't agree more.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 5,802
    Szonana wrote: »

Isn't that a musical?

Yes it is, but the original story was written by Ian Fleming, the movie was produced by Harry Saltzman, and featured Gert Fröbe as the main baddy. And Desmon Llewelyn even had a small part. So yes, that's the movie with the strongest connections with Bond.

My example : "The IPCRESS File" : Produced by Harry Saltzman, theme by John Barry. Edited by Peter Hunt. And Sir Kenneth Adam was the art director.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Spectre in a way imitates the story of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Spectre in a way imitates the story of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
    True. The other big similarities last year were between SP & MI RN
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,421
    The Third Man, 1949 had amongst its crew and cast, Guy Hamilton, John Glen, Bernard Lee, Geoffrey Keen, Robert Brown, Eric Pohlmann and Orson Welles. Also it featured the Viennese Fair, which also appears in TLD.
    The Dark Knight - Villain gets caught to escape
    Skyfall - Villain gets caught to escape
    Eraser (1996). Arnie gets thrown out of a plane and has to catch a parachute and put it on before falling to his death. Very similar to MR pretitles.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    The Dark Knight - Villain gets caught to escape
    Skyfall - Villain gets caught to escape

And lets not forget about the Skyhook escape from TB copied by The Dark Knight.
    Not to mention 'plane hook' from LTK copied in TDKR.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 6,778
    For anyone who is not allergic to subtitles, I highly suggest this French hommage to the Connery Bonds:

Another one : "Remo Williams : The Adventure begins" : Script by Christopher Wood, directed by Guy Hamilton (and let's not forget that James Bond appears in "Maffia Fix").
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Death on The Nile (1978). Uses exact same Karnak Temple, Luxor, Egypt location as previous year's TSWLM, including falling stone from great height.
    Plus David Niven !
    James Bond and Jenny Flex cross swords again in Taffin, well almost as it's Pierce vs Alison Doody. Not much of a link, but really an excuse for this great Brozza moment

GoldenGun wrote: »
    For anyone who is not allergic to subtitles, I highly suggest this French hommage to the Connery Bonds:

For long, I thought I was alone in here appreciating the OSS 117 parodies!
    vzok wrote: »
    James Bond and Jenny Flex cross swords again in Taffin, well almost as it's Pierce vs Alison Doody. Not much of a link, but really an excuse for this great Brozza moment

She looks more attractive there than in AVTAK.
    Doody was a total knockout in Indiana and the Last Crusade as well.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Gerard wrote: »
    Szonana wrote: »

Isn't that a musical?

Yes it is, but the original story was written by Ian Fleming, the movie was produced by Harry Saltzman, and featured Gert Fröbe as the main baddy. And Desmon Llewelyn even had a small part. So yes, that's the movie with the strongest connections with Bond.

My example : "The IPCRESS File" : Produced by Harry Saltzman, theme by John Barry. Edited by Peter Hunt. And Sir Kenneth Adam was the art director.

I guess you now convinced me to watch those Two: Chity Chity Bang Bang and IPCPRESS File

Chity chity Bang Bang I wasn't convinced to try it first because I thought as a 60s musical would be too plain and overly happy like The Sound of Music, but now you made me want to see it.

I love happy and cheerful films but The Sound of Music was a little too much for me and it's not that i hatted the Sound of music but i just didn't love it as much as my friends who are crazy about it just as they are for my Fair Lady and Mary Poppins.

I also liked my Fair Lady but I thought it was slightly overrrated, it was just like a singing version of Pretty woman

I like musicals but not that 60s very naive vibe of Musicals.
    I like them a little more spicy like Moulin Rouge and Chicago. Though Moulin Rouge is like singing and Dancing Romeo and Juliet.

Those films are brilliant. Jean Dujardin really nails Connery's mannerisms.

Definitely! Especially in the first film, which itself feels like an early Connery Bond film! :D

Rumour has it they are working on a third entry set in 1970s Mid-Africa.

Definitely! Especially in the first film, which itself feels like an early Connery Bond film! :D

I agree, including the obvious back projections during car scenes.

I look forward to the third!

I agree, including the obvious back projections during car scenes.

I look forward to the third!
    That one scene when he walks in the hall of the hotel wearing a tuxedo, and women laying his eyes on him while he receives the flatter was somewhat a homage to that Dr. No scene when the receptionist kept staring at Bond as he walked. Sure, they were spoofing the old OSS 117 mostly, but the Bond connections are obvious. Take the airport scene in the second film. It was as if a remake of the airport scene from Dr. No, as well!