Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

TAKEN

62772721-1000x563.jpg

Just finished watching the pilot episode of Taken, which is, as you might have presumed, based on the film series of the same name. In fact, it's set in a new continuity introducing a younger Bryan Mills, a role originated by the great Liam Neeson, now being played by Clive Standen of Vikings fame, before he "picked up a lethal set of skills from a long career". I won't spoil what was told in the story via the first episode, so I'll spare it for the viewers who are tending to catch up with it.

@doubleoego, I seem to recall you were a Vikings fan, yes? This might interest you.

@DaltonCraig007, @Creasy47? I don't need to go further on this for you chaps, do I? ;)

Did not even know that this was being made?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    TAKEN

62772721-1000x563.jpg

Just finished watching the pilot episode of Taken, which is, as you might have presumed, based on the film series of the same name. In fact, it's set in a new continuity introducing a younger Bryan Mills, a role originated by the great Liam Neeson, now being played by Clive Standen of Vikings fame, before he "picked up a lethal set of skills from a long career". I won't spoil what was told in the story via the first episode, so I'll spare it for the viewers who are tending to catch up with it.

@doubleoego, I seem to recall you were a Vikings fan, yes? This might interest you.

@DaltonCraig007, @Creasy47? I don't need to go further on this for you chaps, do I? ;)

Did not even know that this was being made?
    Been waiting for it for a couple of months now. :D
    Continuing my Doctor Who classics marathon with "The Seeds of Doom". And it's one of the better stories of the whole series, both Classic and Modern, no doubt about that. The seventies were a blessed time for the Doctor, I guess we can all agree on that.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 13,894
    Gerard wrote: »
    Continuing my Doctor Who classics marathon with "The Seeds of Doom". And it's one of the better stories of the whole series, both Classic and Modern, no doubt about that. The seventies were a blessed time for the Doctor, I guess we can all agree on that.

For the Pertwee era, I agree. The all action Doctor. The Sea Devils being my favourite story of the 1970-1974 years,
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    TAKEN

62772721-1000x563.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give this a look see.
    Donald Trump's The Art of the Deal: The Movie

Starring Johnny Depp. Pretty 'meh'. Not really funny. But it did have a cameo from my favorite immigrant alien in it; Alf.

Not a bad hombre, that one

(Refuse to make a 'cat' joke here).
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Gerard wrote: »

For the Pertwee era, I agree. The all action Doctor. The Sea Devils being my favourite story of the 1970-1974 years,

I'd be hard put to choose between The Daemons and The Green Death as my favourite, though I'm leaning towards Green Death currently. So much to love, especially the
    poignancy of Jo's departure
    Homeland.

The plot thickens as always! I have my suspicions but we'll see?!!! :-? :))
    The Crown in 4K on episode 5 I find this quite engrossing, it truly is one of the most stunning TV series I have watched.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Almost coming to the end of Blindspot season one, decent show its improved as the season has gone on.

Legion episode one had no idea what to expect, the first episode has grabbed me I recommend people should check it out.

Edited: 4 episodes in Legion is genius.
    Anyone watching Iron Fist? I'm 5 episodes in and I'm enjoying immensely! I hope he has some sort of mask/costume at the end like they did with DareDevil though...

But for the love of god, they'll have to upgrade that sucker!

70%27s-iron-fist.gif.jpg

In my whole life I've never read a single Iron Fist comic, but he sure does seem like Marvel's answer to Olive Queen (at least so far)
    On episode 3 of Iron Fist It's a slow burner the first episode was all over the place though being a pilot you can forgive it, it's grabbed my attention interested to see where the show goes.
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Though I have never liked him, I have been watching the Danny Baker cod biopic 'Cradle to Grave'. Once you get past the Peter Kay 'Dick Van Dykesque' cockney accent it is quite an entertaining show. Just as an aside I think the French photography teacher would make a fabulous Bond girl...........

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0237266/
    Iron Fist has been interesting but it's really lacking for me in general. I find Danny Rand's fighting skills in this average at best when he should be a significantly better and more impressive martial artist. However, I really like the Meachums and Colleen. Once again, we have another product that knows how to handle evil organization's infiltrating another like a parasite that's done very well. Why EoN find this difficult to do is beyond me. In any case 3 more episodes left to watch.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited March 2017 Posts: 4,151
    I've been watching Britain In Focus: A Photographic History on BBC4. Fascinating stuff in subject I am newly interested in. If anyone has missed it, I'd certainly recommend catching it on BBC iPlayer.

Following on from that, I've been watching The World's Most Photographed. Each episode concentrates on one person from history (celebrity, president etc.) and, again, very interesting stuff. Well worth a watch on demand.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anyone ever see the show 'The Strain' that can recommend it? Finally have an opportunity to check it out, curious if it's actually good, consistent, and worth a go.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: The Tenth Planet
    With the original Mondasian Cybermen making a return in the coming series, I felt in the mood to go back and watch their 1966 debut story.
    Springfloden a tv series from Sweden, really good stuff.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    With the original Mondasian Cybermen making a return in the coming series, I felt in the mood to go back and watch their 1966 debut story.

Good call. I've a mind to watch The Tenth Planet and go right through the Troughton era DVDs. Still be best for me.

Good call. I've a mind to watch The Tenth Planet and go right through the Troughton era DVDs. Still be best for me.

What, Troughton? McCoy is my favourite, even with some very lightweight stories early on (it's those last four stories/series 26 that define the McCoy era in my mind). Troughton is right behind him in my #2 spot.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

What, Troughton? McCoy is my favourite, even with some very lightweight stories early on (it's those last four stories/series 26 that define the McCoy era in my mind). Troughton is right behind him in my #2 spot.

Never got McCoy at the time (still not a fav), but appreciate him more now, my son quite likes him. I think my earliest memory of Dr Who was Web of Fear, although I had seen Dalek stories but can only remember the Daleks and not a specific story, but WoF really struck a chord. The Yetis terrified me at the time, and of course the Cybermen (far scarier than the pepper pots!).

Never got McCoy at the time (still not a fav), but appreciate him more now, my son quite likes him. I think my earliest memory of Dr Who was Web of Fear, although I had seen Dalek stories but can only remember the Daleks and not a specific story, but WoF really struck a chord. The Yetis terrified me at the time, and of course the Cybermen (far scarier than the pepper pots!).

I envy anyone who got to see those early stories (especially those stories that are now incomplete), on their original transmission.

Having been born in the mid 80's, I have no memories of watching the show when it was still running. I do have vague memories of repeats in the early 90's, possibly on BBC2, such as The Talons Of Weng-Chiang, or as I basically remembered it, The One With The Giant Rat.

Also, I am in complete agreement with you on the Cybermen vs the Daleks. The former are far more intimidating than the latter.
    My first experience of Doctor Who were the later seasons of Tom Baker though caught broadcast reruns of earlier episodes in the late seventies. My earliest memory of Who, memory that stuck with me was Bakers Doctor with the Watcher leading to the regeneration into Davidson in Logopolis as a kid watching that on TV was amazing. Also City of Death always stuck with me I was blown away by that episode, and Julian Glovers reveal was quite scary on initial viewing.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    edited March 2017 Posts: 3,106
    I got into Doctor Who through the Target novelisations (my Who and Bond journeys have been strangely similar). My first TV encounter was with Colin Baker, with whom I was very unimpressed, having already picked Pertwee as MY Doctor just from the books. Things got loads better when McCoy turned up, and he is my second favourite. I was just the right age to ignore the wobbly special effects and be genuinely terrified by Curse of Fenric and Remembrance of the Daleks.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Midnight Sun

Rather good Swedish/French production from Studio Canal.

Shardlake wrote: »
    Midnight Sun

Rather good Swedish/French production from Studio Canal.

I just finished the amazing Springfloden another Scandinavian Noir police series. It seems that they have an amazing corner on the market for excellent tv shows. Which like the Killing and the Bridge need to be USA-fied before that other part of the western world gets it.

• edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Legion episode 6 and 7 show about Professor X's son, this is phenomenal TV that is hyper intelligent you have to see it to believe it totally jaw dropping.

Star Trek Space Seed epic.
    Fortitude season 1 - This is an excellent marriage between British television and Scandinavian noir with a pinch of Scully & Mulder, highly enjoyable.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Shots Fired

Great show with Helen Hunt, Sanaa Lathan, Stephan James, Richard Dreyfuss, Will Patton, Stephen Moyer.

shots_fired.jpg
    edited April 2017 Posts: 13,894
    I had a craving for some Pertwee era who, so I went with:

Doctor Who: The Time Warrior
    The story that gave us a brand new title sequence, the companion generally considered to be the best companion, and a the Sontarans.

Doctor Who: Invasion Of The Dinosaurs
    "Good grief, it's a stegosaurus."

My usual go-to Pertwee story is The Sea Devils, but I felt like a change, and these two are other good examples of the Pertwee era. Yes, I know the later has ropey looking dinosaurs, but remember that is Doctor Who, a show that has always had a tight budget.