The Next American President Thread (2016)

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited November 2016 in General Discussion Posts: 17,687
Let's keep it cool. We can do it.

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    My money is on Trump or Sanders.

Polar opposites I know, but I hope it's one of them and not one of the others. Both populists, strangely. Either of these two will shake the system up, and that's a much needed start. The people deserve real change.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    Playing with words does not make a (us) president..and does >>Mr Trump show himself to be to eager?!-He´s on the nose´ but will that result?-the people in the race is not what the americans want as a preference-and a president can only do so much, not much more than Obama..!..but the world needs so much more than that-if- per chance- Mr Trump ends up on that 'Throne'-he is going to realize exactly what a president can and cannot do- and then it will be to late to regret it on His part-!
    Other than that-if Mr Bloomberg gets into it-then we have a soup that is more in my taste-!..!
    Good point @MyNameIsMyBondRn. Trump's intentions may be pure but does he actually realize what a frustrating job it can be? Does he have the heart for it? He doesn't need it, and quite frankly I don't know why anyone would want the job. Thankless, it seems.

Bernie at least knows what he's up against.

Bloomberg or Biden would really shake things up.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    But Hillary offers same-ole same-ole we can believe in... :P
    And Rubio & Cruz offer a back-to-basics put-the-women-&-immigrants-in-their-place platform... :x
    Rubio is so scripted it hurts. Nice guy I'm sure, but boy does he know how to memorize a speech.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    ..But where is the swedish Chef in this Muppet show-I want Him to contend..!..(commenting, that is-on Trump..!
  • I was born and raised in Florida, so I grew up with Rubio and Jeb. What's funny is that when Jeb was Governor of Florida, Rubio was his protege. They loved each other and worked to advance each other's political agenda. Now, they're enemies, and the bad blood is obvious. Very interesting to see these two evolve, from when I was a little kid to now.

At any rate, I'm all for Bernie. Don't trust Clinton.
    I'm all for Bernie. Don't trust Clinton.

=D>
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm with the Feel the Bern camp.
    Breakin' rules here, but..
    kCkYrCq.png
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I believe Non Bond pictures were okay to be shown.
    Have to go for Bernie. He seems to be the most decent candidate to me by far. I'll probably give him my vote if he makes it to the main election.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Clinton has too many scandals.

I think the American people are having a quiet revolt: they are sick of the establishment, whether on the right (Bush, Christie), or on the left (Clinton).

The Americans are very ingenious at re-invention, so I am sure they will sort this out, whomever becomes POTUS. Good Luck to them,

P
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2016 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Breakin' rules here, but..
    kCkYrCq.png
    @chrisisall, that's genius! I can picture it now...

My name is Bernie Sanders. I used to be a politician. Until…

[Phone Rings]
    Unidentified man’s voice on phone: We’ve got a bern notice on you. You’re blacklisted.

Bernie Sanders: When you’re berned, you’ve got nothing. No campaign money, no PR team, no voters. You’re stuck in whatever republican-gerrymandered district they decide to dump you in.

Bernie Sanders: Where am I?
    Hillary Clinton: Political Purgatory.

Bernie Sanders: You do whatever work comes your way. You rely on any voters who are still talking to you. A shady ex-first lady…
    Hillary Clinton: Shall we veto them?

Bernie Sanders: An old friend who used to crash your campaign rallies…
    Donald Trump: You know Democrats… bunch of progressive little girls.

Bernie Sanders: Family too…
    [Phone Rings]
    Donald Trump: Hey, is that your daughter again? You know, if my daughter wasn't my daughter, I'd probably be dating her.

Bernie Sanders: If you’re desperate.

Carina Sanders: Someone needs your help, Dad!

Bernie Sanders: Bottom line? Until you figure out who berned you… you’re not getting elected anywhere.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited February 2016 Posts: 1,257
    Since Rand Paul jumped ship, there is really no one left in the race that I would even consider voting for. Here's to another election where I'll be watching from the sidelines, so to speak :-w
    Bernie Sanders: When you’re berned, you’ve got nothing. No campaign money, no PR team, no voters. You’re stuck in whatever republican-gerrymandered district they decide to dump you in.
    LOL! That's hilarious Brady!!!
  • RC7RC7
    That moment where Trump pulled Palin out his arse was equal parts hilarious and flabbergasting. I just watched it in awe. If I were American, I'd be embarrassed that it was happening on my turf.
    Oh. I am :\">
    Trust me, so was Trump. That was purely a necessary tactical manoeuvre to short up support in Iowa and neutralize Cruz amongst the "faith"ful.

She will only be wheeled out as necessary.
    I am worried for the future of this thread.... remember eveyrone to keep it civilized, polite, humane, playful not hateful, stray off topic for nothing but a smile, treat it right and all the time.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'd love Trump to win just for the comedy value - despite said comedy value meaning we'll all probably end up in a nuclear conflagration with Russia.

• RC7RC7
    I'd love Trump to win just for the comedy value - despite said comedy value meaning we'll all probably end up in a nuclear conflagration with Russia.

I'm assuming at some point it'll turn out to be a stunt orchestrated by Matt Stone and Trey Parker.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Didn't Putin say in an interview a few weeks ago that 'Trump is the most intelligent person running for US president' and that 'he hopes Trump wins'?
    Sadly, he's right about Trump being the most intelligent of the bunch @DaltonCraig007. He's got other issues no doubt (ego, perhaps anger management), but being smart is not one of them imho.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Here's how I see things going down:

Republican side:

If he can win South Carolina, Trump will be the nominee. The establishment candedates (Rubio, Bush, Carson) are refusing to get out of the race, meaning the non-Trump votes are split four ways, giving Trump an easy majority. Cruz will take the Christian vote, but after SC the Trump train will already be in motion.

Democrat side:

Bernie was the clear outsider but to his credit has managed to gain a lot of ground on Hilary in the polls. Winning New Hampshire after such a close loss in Ohio will mean his campaign is safe for the coming months. Ultimately though...

Clinton will be president. She was the favourite all along and has a proven history of running in the past. Her two closest rivals are both new to the game, and I think ultimately Clinton's name and the fact that people think its about time there was a women president, will win it for her.

That's just my thoughts, not what I WANT to happen. :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm turning into a Bernieber. Hopefully it works out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote: »

I'm assuming at some point it'll turn out to be a stunt orchestrated by Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

Yes, just one big put on, like that time when Joaquin Phoenix acted like a total nutball for a documentary. Fingers crossed. ;)
  • Just a simple question for all the Bernie supporters. He talks the great talk with regards to funding many social programs. My question is a simple one though. Where does he get the money to pay for all of these programs? I understand it will be from huge tax increases on the wealthy (and I admire him for being upfront and honest about that). But how does that help the economy when the extreme rich, for lack of a better term, can't afford to hire as many people when most of their money is being taken for taxes?
    But how does that help the economy when the extreme rich, for lack of a better term, can't afford to hire as many people when most of their money is being taken for taxes?
    Oh my, you really don't have any grasp at all of either what you read or what you ask. I can't even properly address such a question. =))
    It's like asking how all that water could realistically come out of the tailpipes of a DB5...
    But how does that help the economy when the extreme rich, for lack of a better term, can't afford to hire as many people when most of their money is being taken for taxes?
    Trust me when I say this. They can afford it. That argument is a fallacy. There's only so much money even a CEO needs. Larry Ellison at Oracle received $96.2m in compensation last year. If that doesn't seem slightly unbalanced, then I don't really know what to say.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/richest-62-billionaires-wealthy-half-world-population-combined
This discussion has been closed.