Bloodstone follow up

Does anyone think there will ever be a follow up to Bloodstone?

As it was left on a cliff hanger of someone attacking Bond but we never know who... I guess we all would think SPECTRE.

Considering that Bond never really does well on game consoles.. which could be down to who produces them?

For instance would it be better if Rockstar who does GTA get hold of it? or is it just the fact that Spies like Bond just don't play well on any computer platform.

And if there was a follow up what would you want to see in the game?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited January 2016 Posts: 15,423
    A follow-up was planned. But, before Blood Stone was released and a disagreement have had taken place between the studios (developer and publisher), it winded up as a cancelled content.

From the information I have, the sequel has been outlined but was never scripted. I don't think Raven Software's cancelled Bond game had anything to do with the sequel, either.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Too bad. I rather like BS and I sort of wish we could have seen more of the adventure play out. I think BS is an underrated Bond game by the way. I find it infinitely playable.
    I like it in its cinematic appearance, but the gameplay and the linear level design really puts me off, as it has been the case with all of Activision's Bond titles.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    They need to go ahead and let a new company take over and work on an original Bond game, or at least find one in time for 'Bond 25,' so that they could do a tie-in installment.
    One could only hope so.
    I'm OK with no follow-up for BloodStone. It is one of the better Bond games, but that's the faintest of praise one can give a game. On the grand scale of things, it's subpar, and it's oft-praised driving segments are just awful.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The DB5 driving section was excellent. That simply requires skill with the controls but the dbs ice/snow section was just pants.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2016 Posts: 5,185
    i enjoyed Bloodstone, to me it's like Craigs 5th Movie and i was really hoping they would put a little Bloodstone hint into Spectre, like the name of the bad guy on Q's laptop when he analyzed the ring, since the game obviously ties into Spectre. Unfortunately none of that happened. I hope we will get a new Bond game soon, but right now i don't even know who owns the licence.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I admit I really like the driving moments. Always something to look forward to for me. :-)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I admit I really like the driving moments. Always something to look forward to for me. :-)
    Agreed. Particularly that last one in Monaco.
    The driving segments don't really require any skill and actually punish you for being good at them. There's no way that you can catch the vehicle that you're chasing (the object of any car chase, one would expect), but rather you have to keep driving until the game decides that you're allowed to catch them.

The rest of the game is so-so. Certainly it's better than From Russia With Love, but it's nowhere near as good as Everything or Nothing, which is the gold standard for Bond games not titled GoldenEye 007.
    It requires skill if you want to drive like a pro or some elite motorist and avoid crashing into things. It's in these instances that I'd have to restart the whole level if my driving isn't smooth.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    It requires skill if you want to drive like a pro or some elite motorist and avoid crashing into things. It's in these instances that I'd have to restart the whole level if my driving isn't smooth.

Oh my god, @doubleoego, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this. I couldn't tell you how many times I've restarted BS during my playthroughs of it because I wasn't playing it "Bond enough" and felt like I was making a mockery of the character when I screwed something up. At times the checkpoints would be brutal, but I couldn't stand failing and simply continuing on, as that's not how Bond would get it done.

I'm even worse with Batman games. I'll restart an entire predator room in Rocksteady's games if I so much as set off an alert, just to stay in character and do it like Batman would do. I actually kind of respect that about myself.
    Lol yes! Standards must be observed and applied when assuming the roles of legendary icons. There's no room for amateur playstyles.
    Basically we are looking for a studio that can make a Bond Game with the control of something like GTA for vehicle action with a Bond cinematic theme of BS with the playable ability of Everything or Nothing... seems simple... :)
    Wasn't there a cancelled follow-up based on Risico? It had more melee fighting and spying segments. But Activision decided that the creators would rather do some dumb map packs for Call of Dooty.
    Gummy wrote: »
    Wasn't there a cancelled follow-up based on Risico? It had more melee fighting and spying segments. But Activision decided that the creators would rather do some dumb map packs for Call of Dooty.
    Early concept of the then-unnamed Bond 23.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_in_video_games#Skyfall
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 3,000

I dream of the day when the FPS ruining Call of Duty franchise is dead. I do not want to be limited to only 2-3 guns and I do not want aiming-down-the-sights. I want a shooter that focuses on fun rather than "realism".

I dream of the day when the FPS ruining Call of Duty franchise is dead. I do not want to be limited to only 2-3 guns and I do not want aiming-down-the-sights. I want a shooter that focuses on fun rather than "realism".
    Preach, brother! Preach!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Preach, brother! Preach!

I'm at the point where I'm actually watching tutorials on how to make a video game because I'm so sick of the lack of good shooters. Unreal is a free-to-use engine and I'm getting pretty bored so it might happen at some point.

Preach, brother! Preach!

I'm at the point where I'm actually watching tutorials on how to make a video game because I'm so sick of the lack of good shooters. Unreal is a free-to-use engine and I'm getting pretty bored so it might happen at some point.
    I attempted to learn how to operate on the Unity game engine three years ago so I could start making my own James Bond video game in First-Person, but it was too complicated and way above my league so I had to withdraw. A friend of mine is working on his own fan-made Bond project using Game Guru that's built on the principles of the Source engine. I haven't tried it but I've been told it's quite easy to work with.