Adele - 'Skyfall' title song discussion

Comments

• This is fantastic news. I'm really happy with Adele. I'm a film music nut...and when it comes to the "sonic tone" of the film...Skyfall looks to be all aces on paper. I love Thomas Newman, particularly his work on Road To Perdition. So to have him and Adele contributing to Skyfall....I'm a happy guy.

And on top of that...and it may seem silly...but I really want this film's theme to hit mainstream...for it to hit the top of the charts here in the US and bring in people who may have not had any interest in seeing a Bond film.

'Another Way To Die' was a big let down. And I mean...I haven't heard this theme yet...but her voice, her style...I feel like we're in store for something special...something deserving of what looks to be a pretty remarkable and monumental entry into the James Bond canon.
  • The EON trailer music sounded like a Ravel-Mancini mash-up to me.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Muddyw wrote:
    I just hope the themesong will be used throughout the score by Newman.

Me too. Newman better not let us down at the last hurdle.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    See, many people don't like nor want Adele and have a plethora of reasons as to why she may have been chosen but you know what, the girl is talented and that is undeniable. I'm not an Adele nut, hell I've only heard maybe a total if 5 of her songs and she's an amazing talent. We don't know how the song sounds yet but I'm personally confident that however it turns out it most definitely will not be a bad song.

Now, excitement is further fuelled by various sources close to the Adele camp hyping the hell out of the song. Right now there is no calm before the storm; it's more like a storm before an earthquake.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll admit, Adele is a guilty pleasure for me. She has an excellent voice and some pretty good songs, so I believe this theme song will be good. If anything, I hope her talent propels SF to the Oscars in at least that way, if not for Deakins' cinematography.
    Whether one likes her songs or not, she has a great voice. We just have to wait to hear the theme in order to make a complete assessment.
    Muddyw wrote:

That's what I want as well. I am sure Mendes would want that as well.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 58
    I have a few songs I think might give a good idea of Adele's style of voice and music that is different than what is heard on the radio...
    Search all of these songs sung by Adele:
    "Many Shades of Black", "Black & Gold", "That's It, I Quit, I'm Moving On", "Natural Woman", "Baby It's You", "I Just Wanna Make Love To You".
    and search these to hear great musical background:
    "Melt My Heart To Stone", "Turning Tables", "Set Fire To The Rain", "Rolling In The Deep", "I'll Be Waiting"

By the way, is the cover art fan made? Or official?
    @gareth00789 I'm starting to understand how those tweets got deleted lol hmm
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Oops :-\"
  • again? seriously? lol
    The powers that be are at work. We must obey.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Indeed.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    It wont matter to us, but Eon wont be that happy. It's like anything, an official release date has to be set. Jus tlike if you purchase anything. Oh well, expect we can all now rest with no more speculation lol.

Does anyone think they might bring the song out sooner than the 5th now, or do you think they will stick to their guns?
    It will be Monday soon enough. Plus, it'll be nice to give this thread a rest for a couple of days.
    They must be like "DAMN IT WE CAN'T KEEP A FREAKING SECRET!" :((

By the way, thanks guys for welcoming me in, I know I'm just an outsider here lmao
    Well, the big hint, last year really didn't help matters. You live and learn. EON will know for next time.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 655
    adelefan wrote:
    @gareth00789 I'm starting to understand how those tweets got deleted lol hmm

All because of Jonathan Ross, lol. I knew it was true when she said it. I was 99 percent sure. Its how she reacted to it. I watched it on tv when it first aired.

ITS THE SECOND WORST KEPT SECRET. LOL LMAO
    It was predictable and understandable.
    adelefan wrote:
    They must be like "DAMN IT WE CAN'T KEEP A FREAKING SECRET!" :((

By the way, thanks guys for welcoming me in, I know I'm just an outsider here lmao

Well, you see, the mi6community is kind of an intelligence agency by itself ;)
  • Well, now that's over with...

Rush for the Bond 24 theme!!!!!
  • Who originaly discovered the cover art?????
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Well, cheers for that. Now I'm excited for Bond Day even more! I want to hear it NOW!

BTW, who's gonna add the missing "confirmed" to the topic's title? :-P
  • Well, now that's over with...

Muse should do bond 24,
    All because of Jonathan Ross, lol. I knew it was true when she said it. I was 99 percent sure. Its how she reacted to it. I watched it on tv when it first aired.

ITS THE SECOND WORST KEPT SECRET. LOL LMAO
    Everything about the Jonathan Ross interview gave it away, her nervous laugh, saying "oh that really is giving something away isn't it"......UH! YEAH GOOD GOING, IT DID...oh and thank you Adele! :D and then just everything after that too.
    Sandy wrote:
    Well, you see, the mi6community is kind of an intelligence agency by itself ;)
    I'm starting to see that lol Good job guys! :)

Well, now that's over with...

Why not Moonspell?

Just kidding \m/
  • TPM007 wrote:
    I'll probably get killed for this as it will probably turn out to be a famous piece of non-Bond music, but what is the music playing in the Everything or Nothing trailer?

If its unknown could this be our theme tune ala the Coke ad from QOS...?

To me, it sounds very Peter Gunn-y

I'm almost positive this is overtones of the Peter Gunn theme song you are hearing here. I highly doubt this will be in the movie, and I'm very surprised that they used it in a Bond trailer :-?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 824
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Muddyw wrote:

Me too. Newman better not let us down at the last hurdle.

Well it's a pity that Eon/MGM didn't let him compose the song then. Newman is employed to do the score and hopefully he isn't going to be restricted by having to frequently use Adele's song.

My fear is that we might get another crap title song. That will be the let down.

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited September 2012 Posts: 642

Ralph fiennes: Twelve months ago you gave away the secret of the next Bond movie song to everyone across the globe

Adele: I made a judgement call

MGW/BB in unison: Take the bloody shot!

This better be good. Whoever leaked it, Think On Your Sins. :-)
  • So it looks like it might as well be official comfirmed as Adele. This is enough proof. bond_23_adele_single_cover.jpg

Where did the cover art come from and how do we know it is not fan made?...Hopefully it is a great song and if it is Adele I hope she will deliver...