I Cannot Ski - When Bond Doesn't Want to do things 2015

As well all know Daniel Craig was originally contracted to go skiing the slopes of Austria nin his latest Bondapalooza entitled Spectre. I just saw it the other day after watching Skyfall twice a day for two weeks and I have to say, wow knocked it over and I even didn't finish my candy in the theater.

How do you center posts?

Mr Craig the producers of Sepctre, said that coudl he not ski and so they did not strap James to the skis for his newest adventure. INstead, we get the crown jewel of the film, the plane chase. Anyhows, Brosnan could not ski very well, slid down the mountain on his kness for The world Is Not Enough, then felt embarrassed at the bottom of the hill because the press and fans were waiting for him. I saw it all happen in ant interview and flet badly but, he has to be recommmned for actually doing his film scripts justice I believe, instead of swooping in with editorial sway and as such like Craig does.

So the point of this is to ask, are there any other; times when pshycical limitatioins prevented a Bond actor from doing a stunt or action sequence that we know of ? Moore made i t known the he wanted the violvence toned down in his films, maybe even a book or two. Could he throw o good punch though? It's hard to say. Daniel Craig cannot ski and so we the peopkle were never treated to ski parkour as outlined in the script and email leaks. Whatever that is, we will never know now.

:)

Comments

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    It's a crying shame in any case. The series is long overdue some proper ski-action.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Honestly, I think Bond is Ski'd out. 5 Bond movies alone feature skiing action scenes. What more can Bond do with Skis that he hasn't done before?
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Murdock wrote: »
    Honestly, I think Bond is Ski'd out. 5 Bond movies alone feature skiing action scenes. What more can Bond do with Skis that he hasn't done before?

Replace 'Ski' in your post by:

- Plot to threaten MI6
    - Helicopter
    - Train
    - Henchman chasing

Take your pick. At least skiing is something that hasn't been done 40 times in the Craig era.
    Ski parkour. Can someone upload a video to demonstrate what this is ? I mean that as we all know Obberhoser liked to ski. It's a perfect fit.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    AceHole wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »

Replace 'Ski' in your post by:

- Plot to threaten MI6
    - Helicopter
    - Train
    - Henchman chasing

Take your pick. At least skiing is something that hasn't been done 40 times in the Craig era.
    The one I bolded is the only one I'd take away.

Not sure how TWINE's skiing action can be topped. :P

It's easy enough Murdock. Go to a higer mountain and make it last All Night. Get out the kettle drum and giant skis. Blow it up. Make it happen. Twice.
    It's weird, because for some reason I just can't see Daniel Craig skiing, don't know why. Would love another Bond ski chase.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,547
    Come on, guys, this thread is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.