B23 to be Carte Blanche? And musician revealed?

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Rubbish.

I think that's one poorly made up article. Plus Bond 23 is not going to be shot in Serbia and won't be Carte Blanche!
  • tqbtqb
    Time will tell
    Time will tell
    EON will never adapt a non-Fleming novel. There's too much Fleming material left as it is. Bond 23'll be an original story.
  • As we established in another thread, if it's on the Internet then it must be true... ;)
    EON will never adapt a non-Fleming novel. There's too much Fleming material left as it is. Bond 23'll be an original story.
    Plus, the script for BOND 23 was fnishing before CARTE BLANCHE.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Do we need to shoot this down?
    Nah...
    I think everyone realizes this is total bollocks.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 886
    Of course, can't fathom why I posted another piece on it really, just more evidence of the bollockry that 'tis the article..

I've had too much coffee.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Ah a coffee induced thread.... the worst
    @danslittlefinger it's cool. I find it both funny and annoying (at the same time) that movie blogs would be stupid enough to run it without the most basic sniff test.
    It's funny - I searched for Jelena Mihailovic, and got absolutely nothing. For someone who is supposedly performing the theme, she doesn't even have a Wikipedia page ...
  • tqbtqb
    Haha, don't shoot the messenger posting a bad article :)
    We're not shooting the messenger. We're shooting the article.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Oh lovely put together:
    1 - new Bond book out: Carte Blanche
    2 - Craig has stated it's going to be a classic Bond film
    3- score is as yet unknown.
    1+2+3 makes Serbian (1) classical (2) music artist wil score (3) the music for a film now known as Carte Blanche (1). Well done!
    For all we know, BOND 23 is in South Africa because EON have decided to develop the lost James Bond novel, PER FINE OUNCE.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What was Per Fine Ounce about @shadowonthesun??
    What was Per Fine Ounce about @shadowonthesun??
    It was a continuation novel by Geoffrey Jenkins that never got published. Jenkins pitched an idea to Ian Fleming that involved a spy ring operating out of South Africa, smuggling gold to finance its operations. Gildrose - which later became Ian Fleming Publications - rejected the manuscript. However, it's possible that elements from PER FINE OUNCE were re-used by Jenkins in a novel called A CLEFT OF STARS a decade later.
    The only thing i find interesting is September 2008 we got the rumored title The property of a lady and now it's almost september and another title rumor... Are Tabloids starting their own cliched rumor check list that they check off as the film get closer to production?
    I love how this rumour has blown up in such a short amount of time. Some people really are stupid - it's not even worth reporting.

They should try the (up to date) India news instead.
    Are Tabloids starting their own cliched rumor check list that they check off as the film get closer to production?
    It's possible.
    I'll see your possible and raise you a probable. Everything tabloids do, they do to raise their readership. The closer the film gets to release, the more potential there is for "stories" to be run. So it wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of plan for the build-up to each Bond film.
    ah well hopefully bond 23 is a fleming title. I rather have been enjoying seeing bond films with a title from 007's creator's imagination.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,380
    An online report by newspaper Blic set the blogosphere alight yesterday with a bogus story about a Serbian musician who claimed the 23rd James Bond film would be called 'Carte Blanche' and would film in her native country.

'Carte Blanche' is the new 007 continuation novel by Jeffery Deaver from the literary estate of Ian Fleming, and is set partially in Serbia.

No 007 film has ever been based on a James Bond continuation novel, nor used the title from a non Ian Fleming story.

Long term Bond fans smelt a rat - and they were correct. Unfortunately, the majority of the movie news websites didn't perform a sniff test and ran the story without any basic fact checking.

MI6 will not be naming the musician to help stem the tide of free publicity she has received from this concocted story planted in the media.

Amongst the sites that fell in to the publicist's trap were: IGN, Collider, Geeks of Doom, Screen Rant, Slash Film, Den of Geek, Indie Wire, Bleeding Cool News and Comic Book Movie.

Blic ignored all correspondence about the story.

EON Productions officially shot down the bogus story today: "The new film is not going to be called Carte Blanche and will have nothing to do with the Jeffery Deaver book."

Despite the denial, expect to see lazy movie news sites continue to run the title 'news' for days to come.
    Why would EON comment on this story? I thought they had a strict "no comment" policy? If they comment on this they'd be denying other stories all day long.

Most strange.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Either way, I'm glad they debunked it. But yes, quite strange that they went ahead and did that. Like @Samuel001 said, if that's the case, why aren't they denying things left and right?
  • tqbtqb
    I wonder if EON reads these forums :)
    Why would EON comment on this story? I thought they had a strict "no comment" policy? If they comment on this they'd be denying other stories all day long.
    Unlike most stories of this ilk - aspiring actors who want a PR grab - this one took root. The MI6 article that reported the denail listed half a dozen websites that picked up the story, and quite a few of them are well-respected. Even the ones that don't have the same level of respect probably have thousands of readers. So unlike the tabloids promoting some non-name D-cup wannbe actor as the Bond Girl, people started to take this seriously. EON broke their own policy to stop people from believing it.

It's funny, because five minutes' research would poke holes in this story. First of all, for someone who had supposedly been asked to compose the score and/or perform the title theme, Jelena Mihailovic (I like how MI6 refuse to name her - it's a very common name) has no presence on the internet aside from this story. For someone touted as one of Serbia's finest musicians, there is no cello player named Jelena Mihailovic in any of Serbia's orchestras. Similarly, the claims that the film will be based on CARTE BLANCHE contradict what we know about filming - Bond does not travel to India in CARTE BLANCHE, and nor is he involved in car chases or action sequences that take place on a moving train. And finally, I believe there were reports the first draft of the script had been turned in before CARTE BLANCHE was released.
  • CARTEBLANCH23CARTEBLANCH23 Banned
    If it's not where is the official copy and press release from EON ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? Page is trying to be in the press with his bogus story too...........................
  • CARTEBLANCH23CARTEBLANCH23 Banned
    Unlike most stories of this ilk - aspiring actors who want a PR grab - this one took root. The MI6 article that reported the denail listed half a dozen websites that picked up the story, and quite a few of them are well-respected. Even the ones that don't have the same level of respect probably have thousands of readers. So unlike the tabloids promoting some non-name D-cup wannbe actor as the Bond Girl, people started to take this seriously. EON broke their own policy to stop people from believing it.

It's funny, because five minutes' research would poke holes in this story. First of all, for someone who had supposedly been asked to compose the score and/or perform the title theme, Jelena Mihailovic (I like how MI6 refuse to name her - it's a very common name) has no presence on the internet aside from this story. For someone touted as one of Serbia's finest musicians, there is no cello player named Jelena Mihailovic in any of Serbia's orchestras. Similarly, the claims that the film will be based on CARTE BLANCHE contradict what we know about filming - Bond does not travel to India in CARTE BLANCHE, and nor is he involved in car chases or action sequences that take place on a moving train. And finally, I believe there were reports the first draft of the script had been turned in before CARTE BLANCHE was released.
    This site does have some of her music from U tube http://www.bondmovies.com/board/showthread.php?p=151251#post151251
    If it's not where is the official copy and press release from EON ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? Page is trying to be in the press with his bogus story too...........................
    Are you an idiot?

We could be sued by saying a company stated something that they didn't.