Sony Confirms Javier Bardem no word on Fiennes yet

edited August 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 9,770

Comments

Sounds very good but I'll wait for a confirmation from deadline.com or another major movie site. Hopefully it'll happen tomorrow!
    if this is legit I bet by the end of the week we'll have confirmation of a few key players Bardem Fiennes and potentially a bond girl or 2)
  • if this is legit I bet by the end of the week we'll have confirmation of a few key players Bardem Fiennes and potentially a bond girl or 2)

I think so too, I can feel it. it's about time Eon/Sony gave us some confirmed morsel.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If Bardem is confirmed, that can only be good news.
    Major casting news is for sure on the way.....

:-D
    I'm hoping would be a great way to start off the week
    I'm very hopeful. If Bardem is in, I see it as an endorsement of the script. He said he would not do it unless the script was interesting, and he's certainly played some interesting villains before - Anton Chigurh in NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN and Felix Reyes-Torrena in COLLATERAL, or instance (he seems to be the villain in English-language films, but always the leading man in romance films in his native Spanish ...).
    if this is legit I bet by the end of the week we'll have confirmation of a few key players Bardem Fiennes and potentially a bond girl or 2)
    I don't think they're going to give us everything in one hit. They didn't annouce Olga Kurylenko and Matthieu Almaric at the same time for QUANTUM OF SOLACE.

Also, I suspect the film has not been fully cast. Although EON have a history of keeping things secret for as long as possible, there's usually a shortlist of actors under serious consideration for the leading lady that emerges before the decision. We haven't heard anything about it aside from wannabes who imply they're in the running for a publicity boost. So EON probably won't annouce the casting because no-one has been cast.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Here is the full text of the 'Biutiful" DVD announcement where the Bond 'announcement' was buried.

http://www.ratgeberspiel.de/news/filmnews/biutiful-2/

Could this just be poor fact-checking by the DVD publicity folk?
    dont kill the buzz man......

I would love to see him as the head of Quantum or the new M :P
    I don't think he'd be in either role. I think EON are done with quantum for the time being, but will probably bring them back in future. And I don't think Bardem would commit to a mutli-film role as M.
    Here is the full text of the 'Biutiful" DVD announcement where the Bond 'announcement' was buried.

http://www.ratgeberspiel.de/news/filmnews/biutiful-2/

Could this just be poor fact-checking by the DVD publicity folk?
    It's beginning to look that way. Why would EON bury the annoucement that Bardem in BOND 23 in a press release about the upcoming DVD launch of Bardem's latest film?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I really hope this info is accurate. Javier Bardem is an amazing actor and he puts himself into the characters. Can't wait for EON's confirmation.

xxx
    But it's not a prelude to a confirmation - it's a press release about the DVD of a film Bardem starred in. It's probably just someone re-hashing an old rumour. If this was legit, why haven't the likes of Deadline, Cinemablend, AICN and Latinoreview run it yet?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Here's the English translation: Oscar ®-winner Bardem ("Biutiful") will be seen as a villain and antagonist of Craig in the new James Bond film. In "Bond 23" is the Hollywood star who is married to Penelope Cruz to put his acting skills as a rogue again demonstrated: for his performance of the psychopathic assassin in No Country for Old Men, he was awarded the 2008 Oscar ®

I reckon he may well be in Bond 23 now and EON'll very annoyed this has slipped out early. What better way to promote an actor's latest film's DVD release than stating their next big upcoming project? Plus it's Sony.

I don't see any official confirmation for anything until October though. EON want to keep the cat in the bag for as long as possible. When they let it out, it'll be with the cast, title and filming locations around the time of the press conference.
    I reckon he may well be in Bond 23 now and EON'll very annoyed this has slipped out early. What better way to promote an actor's latest film's DVD release than stating their next big upcoming project? Plus it's Sony.
    I don't know ... I don't think Sony would leak details of BOND 23 casting for the sake of promoting the release of a foreign-language film. True, they leaked the instrumental version of Another Way to Die for a Coke Zero campaign, but there was an obvious upswing to it then.
    I don't know ... I don't think Sony would leak details of BOND 23 casting for the sake of promoting the release of a foreign-language film. True, they leaked the instrumental version of Another Way to Die for a Coke Zero campaign, but there was an obvious upswing to it then.
    Those are the two situations I linked in order to come to my conclusion. I'm not too sure - Sony may well have made one big mistake. A bit like the domain names of GoldenEye 007: Reloaded and Quantum Of Solace being found out before the announcements.

One thing we should get today is whether EON can get permission to stop the trains in India for filming.
    I'm not too sure - Sony may well have made one big mistake. A bit like the domain names of GoldenEye 007: Reloaded and Quantum Of Solace being found out before the announcements.
    You'd think they would have learned this time around.
    I'm not too sure - Sony may well have made one big mistake. A bit like the domain names of GoldenEye 007: Reloaded and Quantum Of Solace being found out before the announcements.
    Or not. :P

xxx

I doubt it. As far as the titles go, domain website names would have to be registered otherwise I could steel it as soon as the announcement was made. In this case I think Sony are using what they have to help sell a DVD release. From their point of view, as stupid as it is, there's nothing to learn.

It's a bit like some VHS I saw the back off - no idea what film - that had Ewan McGregor and beside his name listed "(Star Wars Episodes I, II and III)" despite III not even having began filming at that point!

In a couple of months we'll know what's going on and I can't wait.
    I doubt it. As far as the titles go, domain website names would have to be registered otherwise I could steel it as soon as the announcement was made.
    The problem was that when the QUANTUM OF SOLACE domain was registered, it linked back to 007.com - and that problem is easily solved. Just have it "redirect" to some kind of advertising site (like the ones that you see when the domain name lapses), when in reality, you created that website yourself.
    I doubt it. As far as the titles go, domain website names would have to be registered otherwise I could steel it as soon as the announcement was made.
    The problem was that when the QUANTUM OF SOLACE domain was registered, it linked back to 007.com - and that problem is easily solved. Just have it "redirect" to some kind of advertising site (like the ones that you see when the domain name lapses), when in reality, you created that website yourself.
    Sony aren't that good. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    When they can't help but put the big plot twist in the trailers (Alec in GE, Elektra in TWINE...), how do you expect them to keep the title secret before the announcement ?
    When they can't help but put the big plot twist in the trailers (Alec in GE, Elektra in TWINE...), how do you expect them to keep the title secret before the announcement ?
    The title is next to impossible to keep secret but the casting of the lead villain is something else. Someone's really mucked up there!
    Reliable ComingSoon.net website just posted that...

"...Daniel Craig will return as 007 and Judi Dench as M along with roles for Ralph Fiennes, Naomi Harris and Javier Bardem."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81626

xxx
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Speculation.
    Yeah I imagined, I only trust 100% when I read on MI6. :-D

By the way, you have insider(s) at EON or Pinewood? Or both? :p

xxx