Deadly attacks in Paris / Brussels / Nice (07/14/2016)

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited July 2016 in General Discussion Posts: 15,686
Breaking news: new attacks in Paris near stadium during a football game.

Multiple explosions and shootings - atleast 25 dead according to reports.

Comments

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited November 2015 Posts: 6,759
    At least 40 dead according to media. Terrible tragedy.
  • Someone has just tweeted live from the concert hall where one of the attacks is taking place : Help me, I'm wounded, they're killing everyone one by one.
    A terrible day in Paris..........it makes you realize there are some really evil people in this world!
  • KronsteenKronsteen Stockholm
    Someone has just tweeted live from the concert hall where one of the attacks is taking place : Help me, I'm wounded, they're killing everyone one by one.

That situation is unbelievably horrible. I'm in shock...
    I'm so bloody angry. What's the terrorists' and their apologists' excuse this time? Allah was offended by French women's promiscuity? Racism of French society? How are they gonna blame the victims now? None of them draw cartoons.
  • The concert hall attack that is still ongoing (hostage crisis, ongoing killings) happened when the concert hall hosted a concert from US band Eagles of Death Metal. The stadium hosted a France-Germany match. The restaurant heavily targeted was a Cambodgian restaurant.
    We had a long thread on Charlie Hebdo and nothing seems to have changed, just a horrible situation, the people of Paris have done nothing to deserve this.
    My condolences to the victims and their families and strong condemnation for the perpetrators.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Certain media 'confirm' 60 dead already.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Unfortunate. Horrible.

At the risk of being tasteless, I can't help but think of the SPECTRE plot. The real life implications of terrorist attacks will be the same.
    I've got a friend who went to see SPECTRE tonight in Paris. Greek gay guy French boyfriend. I hope he's ok.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Scary, sitting here looking at pictures and videos and aftermath of everything that happened in Paris tonight. My thoughts and condolences are with the victims of this tragedy.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 2,015
    No need to worry : No movie theaters in the zones. I know them well, I ate in that restaurant one month ago.
  • DariusDarius UK
    What a terrible incident! Yet another atrocity, the motives of which will surely become clear soon. Does anyone know if any particular party has claimed responsibility for this?
    Good. So far none of my friends is in danger or has been hurt. Crazy how small the world is nowadays.
  • My condolences to the victims families!
    It happened in the neighborhood of another friend but she's ok at home with her boyfriend and their dog.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Disgusted and saddened by what happened in Paris tonight. When will this stop?
  • The same guy in the concert hall has just posted on Facebook : Alive, shocked, corpses everywhere.
    The same guy in the concert hall has just posted on Facebook : Alive, shocked, corpses everywhere.

L'horreur.
  • Condolences to all affected. I just hope that someday, humankind realizes that no God worthy of the name would require anything of this sort from his followers.
    Condolences to all affected. I just hope that someday, humankind realizes that no God worthy of the name would require anything of this sort from his followers.

That's the issue here: at the core of this massacre and other is devotion.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    This is terrible, senseless murder. Prayers to the people of France. How horrible.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 2,015
    Think about the US band that could espace "easily" the concert hall, but their audience couldn't because of the geometry of the place. Dozens of victims there, number still unknown. And idiots will call them cowards for the rest of their lives.

https://www.facebook.com/eaglesofdeathmetal/
  • About 100 deaths in the concert hall alone.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2015 Posts: 15,686
    One hundred dead confirmed at the Bataclan concert.

Edit: Suivez_ce_parachute was quicker to post.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My god...what terrible massacre...
  • 100/140 total, by possibly 4 terrorists only, who shot at different places and then gathered at the US band concert. Plus 3 bombs near a stadium 15 km North of, possibly by one terrorists who then commited a suicide bombing, the first in France.

With all the uncertainties you can imagine so early.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 1,098
    About 100 deaths in the concert hall alone.

No.............the world wide news networks are saying 100 people were taken hostage.

The death toll is 40+....................well that's what the BBC and CNN are saying!

Update:-

Well the latest French news say its at least 60 people dead...........what a nightmare!

• mepal1 : I hear the sirens, I ride in front of there twice a day to go to work, I can be there in 3 minutes with my bike, I have the French news, and they confirm the 100 deaths figure in it. I've seen the survivors leave the scene on my TV
This discussion has been closed.