MI5 spy film 'Page Eight' premieres on BBC 2 this weekend

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited August 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,380
Film: "Page Eight" (2011)
Channel: BBC 2
Date: Sunday 28th August 2011
Time: 9:00pm

Page Eight is a 2011 film set in MI5 and written and directed for the BBC by the British writer David Hare. The cast includes Ralph Fiennes, Bill Nighy, Michael Gambon, Tom Hughes, James McArdle and the new Mrs James Bond - Rachel Weisz.

Bill Nighy stars as Johnny Worricker, a long-serving MI5 officer whose boss and best friend dies suddenly, leaving behind a file that threatens the stability of the organisation. Meanwhile, a seemingly chance encounter with Johnny's political-activist neighbour Nancy Pierpan seems too good to be true, and he is forced to walk out of his job to uncover the truth. Spy drama written and directed by David Hare, also starring Rachel Weisz, Michael Gambon, Ralph Fiennes and Judy Davis.

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Can't wait to see this.
    Yep i will record it and watch it when i get some peace to get into it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for the reminder!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Yep, I really, really can't wait for this. The cast alone gives me goose-bumps.

This and the return of Doctor Who on the same Bank Holiday weekend? The Beeb is spoiling us - for once... ;)
    Christopher Walken is joining Turks & Caicos, the follow up to Page Eight with the final film of the trilogy Salting The Battlefield also getting the go ahead. Ralph Fiennes also returns for both.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/the-worricker-trilogy.html
    perfect British cast ! I'm so looking forward to it. It will be hard to compete with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, but I'm very curious about it !
    Turks & Caicos is on BBC Two this Thursday, 20th March from 9:00 - 10:35 pm.

Salting The Battlefield is on BBC Two next Thursday, 27th March from 9:00 - 10:30 pm.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Turks & Caicos is on BBC Two this Thursday, 20th March from 9:00 - 10:35 pm.

Salting The Battlefield is on BBC Two next Thursday, 27th March from 9:00 - 10:30 pm.

They had a repeat of Page Eight last night on the Beeb, what a brilliant movie about a MI5 operative.

Turks & Caicus was an interesting tv movie, not as good as page eight imho.

However the cast was absolutely great and Helena Bonham Carter would have made a brilliant Eve Moneypenny I think. Winona Ryders part was a tour du force and really touched you heartstrings.
    Christopher Walken is great as always even if he has a brilliant actor like Bill Nighy opposed to him.

A chikked and relaxed story, that makes more sense if you have seen the first installment, that takes its time.

I'll be interested in the closing chapter next week.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So, what do you all think of Salting the Battlefield? :)
    I will try to catch it this week if I can.
    So, what do you all think of Salting the Battlefield? :)
    I will try to catch it this week if I can.

so do I. O:-)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And I found out that I am too late to see it on Iplayer. Rats!!! I really wanted to see it. Did anyone catch it? Was it good?