In what language did you see your Bond movies for the first time?

edited August 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 5,802
I know that for most of us here, English was the by default language in which we saw our Bond movies for the first time. But for some of us (those living in non-English speaking counties where movies are dubbed), this has not always been the case. So here is my list:

DN: French
FRWL: French
GF: French
TB: French
YOLT: French
CR '67: French
OHMSS: French
DAF: French
LALD: French
TMWTGG: French
TSWLM: French
MR: French
FYEO: German
OP: French
NSNA: French
AVTAK: French
TLD: French
LTK: English
GE: English
TND: English
TWINE: English
DAD: English
CR '06: English
QOS: English

Notes: the reason I've seen the movies in english since LTK is because I moved near Paris where, depending on the theaters, you can get your movies in the original version or the french-dubbed version.

BTW, I've seen most movies in French and English, except for TMWTGG and FYEO, which I saw in French, German and English.

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    DN: English (DVD)
    FRWL: English (DVD)
    GF: English (DVD)
    TB: English (DVD)
    YOLT: English (DVD)
    OHMSS: French (DVD that didn't have original audio)
    DAF:English (DVD)
    LALD: French (dubbed VHS)
    TMWTGG: French (dubbed VHS)
    TSWLM: French (dubbed VHS)
    MR:French (dubbed VHS)
    FYEO: French (dubbed VHS)
    OP: French (dubbed VHS)
    AVTAK: French (dubbed VHS)
    TLD: English (DVD)
    LTK: English (DVD)
    GE: French (dubbed VHS)
    TND: French (dubbed VHS)
    TWINE: English (DVD)
    DAD: English (DVD)
    CR '06: French (In cinema, dubbed)
    QOS: French (In cinema, dubbed)
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    the first Bond films I saw were DN, FRWL, GF in Italian

Dad took us to a Bond Marathon in Rome, one Bond film a day and we went to the movies every day for 3 days

it was a BIG treat for us - going to the movie was a luxury for us then, Dad was an Italian Diplomat and he didn't make much money then
    I have never seen a Bond film dubbed. Thankful for that. I live in a non-english speaking country. But rarely do they dub anything here. Mainly cartoons and at times some family films. But not this adult stuff. As long as I remember we've had a choice to either see the original or the dubbed film when a drawn or live-action family film hits the town. Although sometimes the tv-stations pick the dubbed version over non-dubbed which always creeps me out. Jennifer Love-Huge..er Hewitt, Glen Close or Hugh Laurie not speaking english... :0&
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    English.........I saw Moore's in gibberish, but I don't think that was the dubbing.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DAVID BLAINE! QUIT YOUR MAGIC!!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    In English. All of them. I once saw half of them in French. TERRIBLE. Instead of using subtitles, they continue to screw up film and it doesn't help the French in learning a bit of English themselves.

Sorry folks, I have nothing against my neighbours but this form of deliberate ignorance, along with it massacring up other people's films, continues to bother me.
    Never seen Bond in a different language, never wished to, I realize that on DVDs now you can get a load of various languages if you want, but English every time for me

It's worth noting that James Bond 007 (or at least based on Flemings original character) while being able to speak english, was also able to communicate to some degree in French, German and some Arabic, yet in past releases down the years Bond utters lines of dialog in Italian, Portugese and Spanish amongst others
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,347
    They don't dub english movies in Sweden (except Disney and Pixar stuff which are available in both versions), so I've seen them all in English (with Swedish subtitles). When I watch Bond on DVD these days I'm doing so without subs though.

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Swahili
    GE and DAD + perhaps TND and TWINE: Hungarian
    all the others: English
    I live in the Netherlands, but I´ve never seen a Bond movie in any language other than English.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    In English. All of them. I once saw half of them in French. TERRIBLE. Instead of using subtitles, they continue to screw up film and it doesn't help the French in learning a bit of English themselves. <br />
    <br />
    Sorry folks, I have nothing against my neighbours but this form of deliberate ignorance, along with it massacring up other people's films, continues to bother me.

Let's start another "subtitles vs. dubbing" thread, there's only three of them.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    English for all, but I would love to watch them all in French (I'm a bit of a Francophile).
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Only seen them all in English.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Walecs, that post of mine is nearly 4 years old. ;-) Surely we hadn't had all the subtitles versus dubbing turmoil yet. In fact, I believe it was the very first time I ever expressed my frustration in this business. ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited June 2015 Posts: 17,793
    I saw them all in English first as a UK resident and I have not seen them in any other language.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Walecs, that post of mine is nearly 4 years old. ;-) Surely we hadn't had all the subtitles versus dubbing turmoil yet. In fact, I believe it was the very first time I ever expressed my frustration in this business. ;-)
    God, thanks for telling me, now I feel like an idiot. X_X Please accept my apologies.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2015 Posts: 45,489
    No dubbing here in Neither way nor way. We adults know Enhdjishg. Sorry, mean inglisj.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    English here. I'm a Yank. Wish I weren't but I am.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yank=American since 1778. In Scottish it means "to pull". Which is it? Are you American or pulling our chains? Or both?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2015 Posts: 4,440
    I live in the Netherlands, but I´ve never seen a Bond movie in any language other than English

with Dutch subtitels. :-B
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Yank=American since 1778. In Scottish it means "to pull". Which is it? Are you American or pulling our chains? Or both?

I'm an American, friend.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited June 2015 Posts: 1,261
    Okay, this will be rather obvious, before GE all in German first, afterwards first in German, than in English. Oh, and TLD first in German, than in French.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 170
    delete
    English for me too.