Daniel Craig APPRECIATION Topic (And why the man needs support to do a 5th film!)

I mentioned it before. But is there actually a Bond-fan in here who is more firm and actually really wants Craig to stay?

I agree that Daniel Craig is being plagued with pointless ambiguity (apparently the Sony Leaks have become more damaging...hence the continuous rumours about Idris Elba). But should WE Bond fans therefore not stand up for Mr Craig and support the man more fiercefully??

It really agitates me that so many Bond fans have this lackluster "so be it"-mentality. By jolly....at times I would have liked to live in the 1970's or so. There was no dreadful social-media-addict-generation at that time. In those days we didn't have Sony Leaks. Nor did we speculated around an actor's back who should follow his footsteps once he leaves the title role.

Therefore, I think Daniel Craig deserves his own appreciation topic, in which we unanimously support Daniel Craig and urge him to do at least a 5th Bond film once the dust around "SPECTRE" settles. So it's very simple: Post a message in which you truly want Daniel Craig to stay Bond after "SPECTRE". A simple "YES" would suffice, but I also welcome your detailed arguments why Daniel Craig should stay Bond.

Comments

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    He can go to Japan for his 5th and be very grumpy with the press before quitting and tossing the keys to the Australian Marlboro Man, who, with his million dollar smile and five cent brain, will blow it and become a punchline
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I would like to add my name as someone unreservedly in favour of Daniel Craig staying as James Bond for as long as he wants to.

He has been an excellent and believable Bond to date, has restored my interest and faith in the franchise which I had become a little ashamed of some years back (for the first time), and has given us some phenomenal films (although too few) in his run. I hope he continues to have a long and successful career as James Bond.

I will add though that I will not get my knickers in a twist if he chooses, for personal and professional reasons, to step down from the role and pursue other career options. I want him to do what he feels is best for his life and for him, no matter how disappointed I would be if he chooses to leave. He's earned that right.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited September 2015 Posts: 432
    I would die a happier man to have seen Daniel fulfilled his contract by doing at least 1 more after SP
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It just shows that Craig isn't as loved by such a vast majority as some want to make us believe. In fact he is the first Bond actor to get that much opposition.

But then, it is not my opinion that an actor has to please everyone. Better to have someone in the role of Bond that divides people but brings something unique to the role as Craig does than have an everybody's darling that is kind of a repetition of things past.

I want Craig to be back for a fifth movie, but only if that movie is released by the end of 2017.
    If EON doesn't manage to do that, then they should end this era, and start a new one in 2018, 19 or whenever they can do it.

Another thought:

If actually EON and Craig already know Spectre is the last one, then they should go public with it.
    Just imagine what a marketing coup that would be. Spectre would shatter Skyfall's success only because of that.
    Finales of beloved movie franchises and TV Show ALWAYS get the highest box office and TV ratings.
This discussion has been closed.