How would you rank the actors in sex appeal or attractiveness

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Kerim wrote: »
    @Dragonpol hasn't the faintest idea of sexy.

Syqdl.jpg

Is that a pre-production still from OHMSS before Connery declined the role? :D

Syqdl.jpg

I think we've found out what Connery's version of OHMSS would have been like :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Nope, that is a deleted scene from DAF, where Bond is held captive by Wint and Kidd.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Syqdl.jpg

Is that a pre-production still from OHMSS before Connery declined the role? :D

Now i can see why didn't accept to return for that film lol.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Connery. Followed by Moore.

Both exceedingly comfortable in their skin, know who they are, and project it with extreme confidence. That is seductive.
    I'm a bit confused about this thread... is this guys commenting on who they find attractive or who they assume women find attractive?

I'm also confused about what exactly is "chav" - I've seen the word before, but I remain confused about its use.
    w2bond wrote: »
    If I were female I would say Pierce Brosnan.

What on earth does that even mean?

You are saying Brosnan, right? You are. So...
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I am a bad judge, but Sean Connery in his prime, I think that is not even debatable.

Of course it's debatable.
    I didn't say it has anything to do with his acting.
    Of course Craig works perfectly as Bond.

Topic is who is the most sexy Bond actor.

Implied, I think, in character. Connery is most definitely the sexiest Bond actor, but if you looked at Zardoz, you wouldn't think so.

"Most definitely"? You mean to you?
    jackdagger wrote: »
    I won't say anything mean, but Connery is dead last on the list. Never saw the appeal.

I never saw the appeal, either. I think he's a fine Bond otherwise, but I never understood why those women in the movies were all "oh James" when I was more like "eww"... He got a better when he got older, after his Bond years (no longer eww, that is).

Personally I wouldn't want Connery's or Lazenby's Bonds anywhere near me. Not even remotely attractive. The others were all okay. Moore was charming, but not sexy. Dalton and Brosnan were the best looking ones, and were quite charming, too. But the one that really has that something? Craig for me.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited July 2016 Posts: 1,130
    Tuulia wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about this thread... is this guys commenting on who they find attractive or who they assume women find attractive?

I'm also confused about what exactly is "chav" - I've seen the word before, but I remain confused about its use.

I am a bad judge, but Sean Connery in his prime, I think that is not even debatable.

Implied, I think, in character. Connery is most definitely the sexiest Bond actor, but if you looked at Zardoz, you wouldn't think so.

I won't say anything mean, but Connery is dead last on the list. Never saw the appeal.

I never saw the appeal, either. I think he's a fine Bond otherwise, but I never understood why those women in the movies were all "oh James" when I was more like "eww"... He got a better when he got older, after his Bond years (no longer eww, that is).

Personally I wouldn't want Connery's or Lazenby's Bonds anywhere near me. Not even remotely attractive. The others were all okay. Moore was charming, but not sexy. Dalton and Brosnan were the best looking ones, and were quite charming, too. But the one that really has that something? Craig for me.

I just can't believe how some people can't see the appeal in Connery.
    Every girl who was with him I envyed her for having those scenes with Connery. His voice, eyes and the way he carried himself with so much confidence made him incredibly appealing to me.

Him and Pierce were the guys who i belived the most woman go ohh James with them.

Anyway here is how i rank the six in how attractive i find them

Pierce Brosnan
    Sean Connery
    Daniel Craig
    Timothy Dalton
    George Lazenby
    Roger Moore

They are all attractive - minus Dalton for me - in their own way. I find them very different in that. Connery certainly had it and Dan does - for me. They are what I call manly. The others not so much. And manliness in a man is a thing of beauty in itsself.

Szonana wrote: »

Every girl who was with him I envyed her for having those scenes with Connery. His voice, eyes and the way he carried himself with so much confidence made him incredibly appealing to me.

Him and Pierce were the guys who i belived the most woman go ohh James with them.

Pierce Brosnan and Sean Connery
    Timothy Dalton
    Daniel Craig
    George Lazenby
    Roger Moore

And I can't believe why anyone would think others should be attracted to same people or things they are. I can't imagine there's anyone on the whole planet everyone would find attractive. It's the same with people than with food, music, books, etc. People have different opinions, like different things, find different things appealing, and simply see things differently. For instance, I agree with you that confidence is attractive, but what you see as confidence in Connery's Bond I see as off-putting arrogance. And in general something about him just rubs me the wrong way, totally.

It's often quite difficult even to pinpoint what the exact components that make someone attractive are. Because it's always a combination of things, and the same person who finds someone with certain attributes attractive, might not find someone who seems to have the same attributes attractive - something about the combination isn't quite right, or something not verbalized is missing. It's a delicate balance and entirely personal.

Also, one can find the same person more or less attractive. This also, of course, true with actors; they can play vastly different kinds of characters from one role to the next, so it makes sense they are more attractive in some roles than others - they basically are different people in them, so...

Timothy Dalton
    Daniel Craig
    George Lazenby
    Roger Moore

I don't understand either.

@Tuulia since you are calling me on, there are things that are accepted by a vast majority of people and by connoisseurs over time and that overcome the personal tastes of the individuals. I don't like Marcel Proust one bit, but he remains one of the greatest French writer who ever lived. I know this. I accept this. This is not even debatable and even I, who doesn't like his writing, have to recognize it. Mozart's music, whether you like it or not, is among the greatest of all times. Connery's sex appeal has been appreciated and confirmed by generations of moviegoers. It has contributed to Bond's enduring success in the cinema. No other Bond actor has had that impact, not only on the series, but on cinema as a whole.
    @Ludovico, I thought this was about people expressing personal opinions. If not, then I don't see the point at all. I was expressing a personal opinion, and assumed you were as well. If you weren't, then we're talking about different things entirely.
    It's a debate thread, like all thread and you and I are entitled to different opinions. What I am saying is that even in such debates there are things that universally (for lack of a better word) have been debated and settled.
    Thanks for allowing me to have my opinions - you only resent me expressing them, then? ;) The reason I said it's debatable was because I assumed you were also expressing your opinion, not going for some canon approach. I mean I assumed we were asked our opinions, but then it's oh no, how can you say that, it's not canon, you know... Debated and settled? What's the point of this thread then if everyone has to find Connery the sexiest Bond? Are different opinions really ok only about the other Bonds?
    I'd like to hear different opinions about what people find sexy. This thread is getting me all hot and bothered...
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,130

Timothy Dalton
    Daniel Craig
    George Lazenby
    Roger Moore

And I can't believe why anyone would think others should be attracted to same people or things they are. I can't imagine there's anyone on the whole planet everyone would find attractive. It's the same with people than with food, music, books, etc. People have different opinions, like different things, find different things appealing, and simply see things differently. For instance, I agree with you that confidence is attractive, but what you see as confidence in Connery's Bond I see as off-putting arrogance. And in general something about him just rubs me the wrong way, totally.

It's often quite difficult even to pinpoint what the exact components that make someone attractive are. Because it's always a combination of things, and the same person who finds someone with certain attributes attractive, might not find someone who seems to have the same attributes attractive - something about the combination isn't quite right, or something not verbalized is missing. It's a delicate balance and entirely personal.

Also, one can find the same person more or less attractive. This also, of course, true with actors; they can play vastly different kinds of characters from one role to the next, so it makes sense they are more attractive in some roles than others - they basically are different people in them, so...

Ok sorry if i came up too rude it wasn't my intention.
    i understand everyone has a different opinion and yes you have all the right to express it, i was exaggerating a little. Like when we react with our friends if she doesn't like whatever actor you do and tell her how can you not like him?

So really i apologize to all if i came up too rude, arrogant or if i made you think my opinion was the only valid one.

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    @ludovico and@tuulia

Both are all welcome to share your very personal opinions, i was just exaggerating a little.
    Like when you disscus with your friendd and say how can you say x actor is not hot.
    Personally i joke that way often with my friends and i tell them that o don't care for Zac zefron or Ian Summerhalder and they tell me jocking how can you say so or you are not my friend anymore.

I know its not serious and we are just jocking, when i told one of my girls i find Daniel Day Lewis Attractive she Asked me how can i like him and said he has a rat face lol.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd like to hear different opinions about what people find sexy. This thread is getting me all hot and bothered...

Maybe we should get this one locked then. ;-)
    This is kind of a goofy thread. We have a bunch of mostly guys, who I'm guessing are mostly straight, discussing what Bonds they think are sexy. Maybe we should all hang back a bit and give the female posters some space to discuss their views on which Bonds they think are sexy and why. We might get a more perceptive answer to that question. Just sayin.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    smitty wrote: »
    This is kind of a goofy thread. We have a bunch of mostly guys, who I'm guessing are mostly straight, discussing what Bonds they think are sexy. Maybe we should all hang back a bit and give the female posters some space to discuss their views on which Bonds they think are sexy and why. We might get a more perceptive answer to that question. Just sayin.

Well im a female fan and i made this thread in case you wonder.
    I already said Pierce and Connery since i love their deep sexy voices, their expressive look in their eyes and i love that they clasically handsome with obvius great looks still have a manly vibe.

People say Pierce is a pretty boy but no, he is just clasically handsome in the styles Of George Clooney and all the classic stars.

;)

Timothy Dalton
    Daniel Craig
    George Lazenby
    Roger Moore

Ok sorry if i came up too rude it wasn't my intention.
    i understand everyone has a different opinion and yes you have all the right to express it, i was exaggerating a little. Like when we react with our friends if she doesn't like whatever actor you do and tell her how can you not like him?

So really i apologize to all if i came up too rude, arrogant or if i made you think my opinion was the only valid one.

No, no you didn't, not at all, and no need to apologize. I should have added some smiley emoticons I guess. :)

Well im a female fan and i made this thread in case you wonder.
    I already said Pierce and Connery since i love their deep sexy voices, their expressive look in their eyes and i love that they clasically handsome with obvius great looks still have a manly vibe.

People say Pierce is a pretty boy but no, he is just clasically handsome in the styles Of George Clooney and all the classic stars.

;)

I agree about Pierce being classically handsome.

It's a very interesting expression, though... Saying someone is "a pretty boy" is, interestingly, used as an insult of sorts, and also often used of grown-up men (not actual "boys"), and the intent is to ridicule - boys are not supposed to be "pretty", girls are, and grown-up men are not meant to be "boys", either. Saying a man is "a pretty boy" is admitting (with contempt) that he is good-looking, but making it in a way that implies he's not worthy, not manly, and probably has no other notable attributes than being "pretty" which in a man is considered worthless. (It's obvious that "pretty boy" and "pretty girl" are not similar in meaning.)
    edited September 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Yes, that's true. A euphemism indeed.

I suppose one could use 'effeminate looking lightweight' as a substitute, but it's more of a mouthful.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    @tuulia
    Sometimes written messges can get misinterpreted and i thought it happened but im glad i didnt insult or came up as a bitch i should also have added some smile emoticons or something hehe.

Anyway its all great between us for now unless you mess with Pierce and then i would declare war to you :))

About the pretty boys thing.
    Well by pretty boy its not like they are worthless but more like they lack a masculine quality, likenthey look a bitt affeminate.
    [quote="Tuulia;486613"

It's a very interesting expression, though... Saying someone is "a pretty boy" is, interestingly, used as an insult of sorts, and also often used of grown-up men (not actual "boys"), and the intent is to ridicule - boys are not supposed to be "pretty", girls are, and grown-up men are not meant to be "boys", either. Saying a man is "a pretty boy" is admitting (with contempt) that he is good-looking, but making it in a way that implies he's not worthy, not manly, and probably has no other notable attributes than being "pretty" which in a man is considered worthless. (It's obvious that "pretty boy" and "pretty girl" are not similar in meaning.)[/quote]

That's is a very good point. "Pretty girl" is a flattering comment. Pretty Boy ain't, although it can have different meanings, none of them flaterring. I know I have used the phrase on actors that I think are light weight with limited to no acting skills. My .02 is that EON is going to swing back to a lighter Bond story tone, but they will still have a hard time simply replacing Craig with an actor who is good looking. He is going to have to also be a good actor or he will be creamed by the critics. It is possible to get both, plenty of actors are handsome AND skilled actors. Ticking all the boxes (the right age, interest, money) make it harder, and it will sure be interesting to see who they select. My hunch choice is still Charlie Hunnan.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Germanlady wrote: »
    They are all attractive - minus Dalton for me - in their own way. I find them very different in that. Connery certainly had it and Dan does - for me. They are what I call manly. The others not so much. And manliness in a man is a thing of beauty in itsself.

^This. It's Craig's manliness that most resembles and recalls Connery's. Plus he comes across as sensitive/vulnerable albeit still reserved: "You know the whole story." Slight edge to Craig over Connery.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 2,081
    @tuulia
    Sometimes written messges can get misinterpreted and i thought it happened but im glad i didnt insult or came up as a bitch i should also have added some smile emoticons or something hehe.

Anyway its all great between us for now unless you mess with Pierce and then i would declare war to you :))

About the pretty boys thing.
    Well by pretty boy its not like they are worthless but more like they lack a masculine quality, likenthey look a bitt affeminate.

What I was saying was the being "pretty" is not valued as a quality in a man. Both men and women are judged on their looks, often far too much, but in different ways.

[quote="Tuulia;486613"

It's a very interesting expression, though... Saying someone is "a pretty boy" is, interestingly, used as an insult of sorts, and also often used of grown-up men (not actual "boys"), and the intent is to ridicule - boys are not supposed to be "pretty", girls are, and grown-up men are not meant to be "boys", either. Saying a man is "a pretty boy" is admitting (with contempt) that he is good-looking, but making it in a way that implies he's not worthy, not manly, and probably has no other notable attributes than being "pretty" which in a man is considered worthless. (It's obvious that "pretty boy" and "pretty girl" are not similar in meaning.)

That's is a very good point. "Pretty girl" is a flattering comment. Pretty Boy ain't, although it can have different meanings, none of them flaterring. I know I have used the phrase on actors that I think are light weight with limited to no acting skills. My .02 is that EON is going to swing back to a lighter Bond story tone, but they will still have a hard time simply replacing Craig with an actor who is good looking. He is going to have to also be a good actor or he will be creamed by the critics. It is possible to get both, plenty of actors are handsome AND skilled actors. Ticking all the boxes (the right age, interest, money) make it harder, and it will sure be interesting to see who they select. My hunch choice is still Charlie Hunnan.
    [/quote]

Yes, "pretty girl" is simply a flattering comment about the looks, and "pretty boy" is an acknowledgement of good looks, but not really a compliment even about looks, and in addition suggests the guy is lacking in other ways.
    echo wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »

^This. It's Craig's manliness that most resembles and recalls Connery's. Plus he comes across as sensitive/vulnerable albeit still reserved: "You know the whole story." Slight edge to Craig over Connery.

For me sensitivity and vulnerability are pretty essential in a man. I think those qualities are often misunderstood, though.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Moore and Brosnan are surely the most classically handsome. But I would bet money on Woman naming Connery (or sometimes Craig) as the sexiest.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,130
    Guys it's official Pierce Brosnan and Sean are people's favorites when it comes to looks

Look at this poll i made for IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/poll/dL0h51usrMs/results?answer=5&ref_=po_rv

Guys it's official Pierce Brosnan and Sean are people's favorites when it comes to looks

Good looks and sexiness aren't the same thing. Some women may prefer Brosnan facially but he has an overall fey quality compared to the more machismo builds and swagger of Connery and Craig.
    Cowley wrote: »

Good looks and sexiness aren't the same thing. Some women may prefer Brosnan facially but he has an overall fey quality compared to the more machismo builds and swagger of Connery and Craig.

I'm not a woman, but I've often felt this in some of his scenes. I think it worked against his portrayal of Her Majesty's best....which is unfair to him actually.
    Cowley wrote: »

Good looks and sexiness aren't the same thing.

Yup. Not the same thing at all.