New 007 Radio Adaptation On It's Way Later This Month

BondMiscBondMisc South Derbyshire
in Literary 007 Posts: 5
There's a new James Bond Radio Play 25 July on BBC Radio 4.

It's an adaptation of Diamonds Are Forever.

No news on the cast yet - but for times and other details then check out my Blog:

http://bondmisc.weebly.com/articles/diamonds-set-for-radio-adaptation

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thanks for the heads up. I hope that Stephens continues. His voice just sounds perfect for the literary Bond.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great news. :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This is fantastic. It's coming just a year after the last one. With five now adapted, could there be a want to get them all done?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Thanks for the heads up. I hope that Stephens continues. His voice just sounds perfect for the literary Bond.

I prefer Rufus Sewell. Stephens is a bit too posh.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Just picked up the Rufus Sewell set of audio books in fact. I doubt I'll get through all of them any time soon but nice to have them. Samantha Bond narrates TSWLM too.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 3,144
    Thanks for the heads up on this
    And A Warm Welcome to you enjoy yourself here at MI6 take your time and have a good look around
    It's good to have another Daltonite here.
  • BondMiscBondMisc South Derbyshire
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up on this
    And A Warm Welcome to you enjoy yourself here at MI6 take your time and have a good look around
    It's good to have another Daltonite here.

Thanks for the welcome! Now I've figured out how to use the discussion boards on here I'm sure I'll be on here more often.... you've been warned LOL
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    007InVT wrote: »
    Just picked up the Rufus Sewell set of audio books in fact. I doubt I'll get through all of them any time soon but nice to have them. Samantha Bond narrates TSWLM too.

If it's the same as mine (round tin box-set, without TB and OHMSS) they're damn good. Not listened to them all yet but have enjoyed those I've listened to.
  • Given that eon's stranglehold on IF's characters doesn't extend to radio it would be great if the BBC could turn their attention to 'The Moneypenny Diaries' and Higson's 'Young Bond'.
    It would be good for both of these excellent series to be given the attention they deserve.
  • Can anyone enlighten me as to how these BBC radio plays work? Do they remain up on the site for approx. 24 hrs or so? I'd like to hear this one. Haven't heard any of the previous ones they did and I'm rather fond of Diamonds Are Forever.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I haven't heard any of the previous ones either, can I buy them online?
  • Can anyone enlighten me as to how these BBC radio plays work? Do they remain up on the site for approx. 24 hrs or so? I'd like to hear this one. Haven't heard any of the previous ones they did and I'm rather fond of Diamonds Are Forever.

The plays are normally available for at-least a week and sometimes for much longer on the BBCiplayer and are free of charge for UK residents.

Walecs wrote: »

I'm not sure that they are available to buy either as downloads or on CD but OHMSS is available at the moment on YouTube.
    Can anyone enlighten me as to how these BBC radio plays work? Do they remain up on the site for approx. 24 hrs or so? I'd like to hear this one. Haven't heard any of the previous ones they did and I'm rather fond of Diamonds Are Forever.

The plays are normally available for at-least a week and sometimes for much longer on the BBCiplayer and are free of charge for UK residents.

I'm not sure that they are available to buy either as downloads or on CD but OHMSS is available at the moment on YouTube.
    Thank you, I looked for the OHMSS one and found a channel which uploaded all of them. Can I post the link or is it illegal?
  • @Walecs, I've just noticed that FRWL is also up on YouTube - happy listening. They really are excellent.
    @TriggerMortis All of them are! :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    @TriggerMortis All of them are! :D

That's truly great news! :D
    I'm thinking about downloading them on my phone and heading off to the seaside one of these days, than lay down on the beach and listen to them.
    I'm thinking about downloading them on my phone and heading off to the seaside one of these days, than lay down on the beach and listen to them.

Souns good to me!
  • Walecs wrote: »

Absolutely - maybe Pussy Galore will pass by!

• edited July 2015 Posts: 6,844
    Thanks for all the feedback! And @Walecs, I may just steal that idea!
  • BondMiscBondMisc South Derbyshire

That's a good idea Walecs. We're moving house the weekend before and we have 2 kids aged 5 and 6 - so I'm going to wait until after they're in bed. Pour a Jack Daniels and sit in a comfy chair and listen to is - providing that we've unpaked the contents of the drinks cupboard by then.
  • Just finished listening to DAF.
    First class BBC production succeeded perfectly.
    Pitch perfect casting and great animation of the story. It makes you long for period screen adaptations instead of this nonsense that eon pumps out.
    Just finished listening to DAF.
    First class BBC production succeeded perfectly.
    Pitch perfect casting and great animation of the story. It makes you long for period screen adaptations instead of this nonsense that eon pumps out.

I've recorded it so glad to hear it. :)
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    I caught this by accident this afternoon on a car journey. I heard the words "Spang Brothers" and Shy Smile" and perked up a bit. Made the journey quite pleasant!

I do wish Eon would let the BBC do TV screen adaptations of the books set in the 1950s-60s. And I think Toby Stephens would do very well.
    Chevron wrote: »
    I caught this by accident this afternoon on a car journey. I heard the words "Spang Brothers" and Shy Smile" and perked up a bit. Made the journey quite pleasant!

I do wish Eon would let the BBC do TV screen adaptations of the books set in the 1950s-60s. And I think Toby Stephens would do very well.

Me too. It would help us soften the wait between the movies and we would finslly get proper adaptations of LALD, MR, DAF, YOLT and TMWTGG.
  • @Walecs, you may like to know I took up your idea last weekend and headed to the beach with the BBC Dr. No and OHMSS radio plays on my iPod. Made for a perfect weekend. Thanks for the idea!

Me too. It would help us soften the wait between the movies and we would finslly get proper adaptations of LALD, MR, DAF, YOLT and TMWTGG.

I couldn't agree more and I would love to see the BBC do screen versions of Higson's YB novels and the great MP diaries.

I have the impression that eon are very narrow minded about all of this and it is a great detriment to the franchise. Let them bring their block buster none sense every couple of years but can we please have some real Bond in between.

I couldn't agree more and I would love to see the BBC do screen versions of Higson's YB novels and the great MP diaries.

I have the impression that eon are very narrow minded about all of this and it is a great detriment to the franchise. Let them bring their block buster none sense every couple of years but can we please have some real Bond in between.

Yeah, I'd love to see Higson's novels adapted, and even though I haven't read MP diaries yet, I would love a TV series based on that as well.
    @Walecs, you may like to know I took up your idea last weekend and headed to the beach with the BBC Dr. No and OHMSS radio plays on my iPod. Made for a perfect weekend. Thanks for the idea!

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I have really enjoyed these radio plays, and DAF was great fun too. :)

Yeah, I'd love to see Higson's novels adapted, and even though I haven't read MP diaries yet, I would love a TV series based on that as well.

Boy have you got a treat ahead of you. The MP diaries are simply fantastic - go to it without delay but make sure you read them in chronological order!