Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Murdock wrote: »
    007 Everything or Zombies. :P

Q: "Now, pay attention 007, here we have what appears to be a standard issue axe. And that's all it is. If you encounter a zombie, swing it wildly in its general direction while screaming like a little girl."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I see the premise being that MI-6 is trapped and contained within their HQ nearby Vauxhall, and that the whole London is infected with a virus. So, the 00s have to do whatever they can to stand on their feet and eleminate the threat.

Hmm... WTF did I just write?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Hmm... And this, as I expected... Metal Gear Survive... or should I call it Metal Gear Zombie?

Yes, because it's so creative topic, the zombie thing, so let's put in that. Hell, other franchises like COD are doing it, so why shouldn't we?

They're going to cry for Kojima to return.

My theory is, what if this is possibly a nightmare Big Boss is having why in a coma, having lost his base and his army. Only way I can see it working.

Hmm... And this, as I expected... Metal Gear Survive... or should I call it Metal Gear Zombie?

Yes, because it's so creative topic, the zombie thing, so let's put in that. Hell, other franchises like COD are doing it, so why shouldn't we?

They're going to cry for Kojima to return.

My theory is, what if this is possibly a nightmare Big Boss is having why in a coma, having lost his base and his army. Only way I can see it working.
    Good of you to say that. It was also my theory along with a friend of mine that we made or have come to a conclusion of. When the Mother Base collapsed, an inexperienced green soldier was left behind, and this is all in his head. However, that's what we want to see. The company behind this (Konami) however, don't. Their premise is that this actually does take place but in an alternate reality.
    13958176_1187748447944433_8973597741829724744_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I saw that on Reddit. Laughed my ass off.
    Me too! :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    There's bad news and good news about Friday The 13th. The bad news, the game has been delayed until spring 2017. The good news, they're adding a single player mode.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/10/13/friday-the-13th-game-adds-single-player-will-be-delayed
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll gladly take a delay if it gives us a single player. Hopefully it's somewhat fleshed out and isn't some half-assed, cheap add-on.

Can't wait for this.

Can't wait for this.
    12 Months, basically. :D
    At least we get a trailer for it on Thursday. Can't wait.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 28,694
    I was just going to post this. I was randomly checking my e-mail and saw the announcement from Rockstar in my inbox. You can imagine my breathless joy! Thursday will take forever to come!

I hope that all those figures in the promotional art means that we're getting the ability to either play as different characters with different skills in the story mode or at the very least, we'll be able to ride with them all in a posse and do heists/robberies along the prairie. I look forward to what looks like a big cast or team of cowboys; I get serious Magnificent Seven vibes from this.

The best surprise would be if this was a prequel with a young John Marston, but I won't give my hopes up. I can't wait to see what is coming!

Rockstar are learning from past failures here as well, because instead of teasing this game for years (it's been 6 years since RDR), they are now only announcing their games a year before release, which means they don't suffer from the backlash they used to when they announced games years before they were ready and had to delay them a few times over, which angered fans.
    That's what I said, Brady! Seven figures, very obvious where inspiration for it comes from.

Although, I would prefer if the story went forward, and not into the past more...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red Dead is one of the greats that I have yet to play.
    Red Dead Revolver was totally an Italo-Western flick adapted into video game.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Red Dead Redemption is still my favorite game of all time. @jake24, it's not to be missed. A rousing, rip roaring adventure that is a mix of all the best westerns have to offer while also doubling as a provocative commentary on the nature of society and people, as all Rockstar games are. A true masterpiece, and I don't break that word out for nothing. John Marston is absolutely unforgettable in every way.

I want to replay the game now, but I'm waiting to see if there is ever going to be a PS4 remaster for it.
    I have been playing Red Dead... on Xbox one occasionally from the start, stunning game one of the best visually I have played. Think I need to hook up my 360 to my Xbox one and use my old profile to try and complete it.
    Those graphics...

But, I beg the question... Why no Windows PC version?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wanna see more of that Mario game! :O
    Me too. Pretty excited for this system!
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Just watched it, phenomenal. The shots of the wilderness, the towns, the theme of animals eating each other...perfection. In addition we get shots of who must be the main character in almost every shot, which is interesting, always with his back to the viewer or in shadow. I think it's pretty much confirmed at this point that the game will feature a 7 man posse, which means we get even more great main characters from Rockstar's talented writers. I wonder if any will be playable?

It'd be cool to do a robbery on a big safe in a compound, have one guy rig a door or wall with TNT, then switch to another guy to bow and arrow sharpshooters on towers, then another guy to go in guns blazing once the bomb goes off with another who specializes in brutal combat, while yet another guy goes to crack the safe.

I won't rule out this being a Marston prequel just yet. Of the seven posse members, four of them could very well be a young Marston, Dutch van der Linde, Bill Williamson and Javier Escuella, with the other three being new characters we've yet to know about.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited December 2016 Posts: 1,257
    The Last of Us Part II

UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy
    Going to play some old Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assault sometime soon ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited December 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Last of us 2!! My most anticipated game. The first game was a masterpiece.

As for Unchartered TLL is that's for ps4 right? If so will be getting that too. I love Chloe.
    Jesus Christ! As if NaughtyDog needed to prove themselves any more. It's almost embarrassing how much better they are than everyone in the industry, with Rockstar as their only true competition.

The Uncharted DLC looks amazing, and it's great to see a Chloe and Nadine team up. They might as well rename it "Uncharted: Girl Power" and call it a day.

As for The Last of Us 2, good god. It seems like
    the Fireflies have decided to track down Joel and Ellie for what the pair did to their group in the last game, murdering anyone that is in their path to get revenge.
    I smell a genre meshing of survival horror and westerns coming on.

It is an amazing time to be a gamer in a world full of mediocrity and disappointment. I look forward to telling life to piss off while I escape to all these beautifully crafted worlds.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    +1

With you on that @Brady. Going to replay the first game later today.