Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote: »
    The remastered version looks like a PS2 game... :-O

I can see that, in regards to the character models at least. Like old-gen character models, the textures for the remaster are minimal and there doesn't seem to be a lot of detailing or anything like that cast on them. The remastered character models look like they're missing over half the polygons of the originals, and that's just for the cutscenes! They also tweaked the facial hair too for some reason, evidenced by the wiry and ugly looking beard of Hugo Strange in the remaster. I don't know how they looked at their remaster and thought it actually looked improved over what came before.

They took the same view that id did with their Doom 3 remaster: It's on newer hardware, therefore it obviously looks better.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2016 Posts: 40,454
    It appears the remastered collection of the Batman: Arkham series has been delayed until November, after realizing it wasn't looking as updated and next-gen as it should be.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-19619-Batman--Return-To-Arkham-Delayed-To-November---Report.html
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It appears the remastered collection of the Batman: Arkham series has been delayed until November, after realizing it wasn't looking as updated and next-gen as it should be.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-19619-Batman--Return-To-Arkham-Delayed-To-November---Report.html

I find it all so amusing. How anyone could look at that trailer for the game and think it was ready to release, must be blind. The crazy thing is that Warner released screenshots of Arkham Asylum and City remastered that looked great early on after the announcement, which makes me wonder if they just had the dev doing the remaster pretty them up to trick buyers before launch.

This screen grab from the remaster looks great, highly textured and well rendered, but looks nothing like the footage in the trailer released weeks after it:
    med_Arkham_Asylum_Batcave_1920x1080.jpg

The mind boggles.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Pretty much any game unveiling is showcased in the highest quality possible. It's why a majority of AAA games of today always release looking downgraded.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh, I get that. What perplexes me is why Warner had the game polished up for screenshots only weeks before the actual trailer for the game came out, showing quite obviously that they were up to sly scheming to make the game look better than it was. Most games get shown at E3 or Gamescom, then months or years later are shown to be downgraded. This was instant and all the more obvious because of it. That's why I find it so weird. I mean, how did they think they were going to trick us?
    The trailer for Telltale's Batman just dropped, with the first episode coming August 2nd!

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't like how they're doing the physical release to this one. I prefer having all of my game on the disc, not just part of it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Now, that Jason Bourne is released and the Bourne hype, once again, is all over the place, I wonder if Electronic Arts plans to release any game related to the franchise. I know reading somewhere that they've picked up the franchise after The Bourne Conspiracy by Sierra (now owned by Activision) didn't meet up to the success they've planned, as well as cancelling the online multiplayer game Robert Ludlum's Treadstone. But, that said, is it possible we might see a Bourne game soon?
    I love The Bourne Conspiracy. I played the hell out of that game disc in the past, and it's so, so underrated in the gaming world. A bit too quicktime event heavy, but if they did more I'd love to see the developer embrace more of the core third person shooter mechanics, tweaking the camera to be less intrusive and making the movement more fluid and responsive, and putting in an even more refined system of combat.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, have you seen this?

@ClarkDevlin, I remember seeing that a few years back, yeah. My favorite part was when the game character reenacted the stairway jump Bourne did in Identity and his building to building jump in Ultimatum.

Was this supposed to be a multiplayer game? The mechanics had promise, but I don't know how solid the idea would be as a final product. I'm guessing there would've been a system to create your own spy, then you go into online matchmaking, get put in one area of a city with other agents, then fight it out or something until one is left standing? I can't imagine the game being anything beyond that.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Agreed, Brady. That was the highlight of the video, the stairway jump stunt, that is.

I believe this was supposed to be an online multiplayer game, yes. But, I can only say this is, perhaps, an alpha version of the game. Obviously the motion capture and character animations are out of date (even for 2009, or 2011 when the video was published) as well as not convincing, which I am sure the developers weren't aiming at for it to be. And I agree there was a system where you had to create your own spy, or at least how I see it to be predictable.

I can imagine there would be scenarios of a deathmatch, a sleeper agent acting as a rogue, and the rest of the Treadstone operatives have to find out and take out the target. But, I can imagine the Treadstone operatives also going after the contacts the rogue agents would try and meet and assassinate them (like Ross from Ultimatum), try to thwart the rogue agent's plans to expose Treadstone and reach his goal, kind of like the "Bond Evasion" mode from Quantum of Solace multiplayer matches.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,423
    Hmm... And this, as I expected... Metal Gear Survive... or should I call it Metal Gear Zombie?

Yes, because it's so creative topic, the zombie thing, so let's put in that. Hell, other franchises like COD are doing it, so why shouldn't we?

They're going to cry for Kojima to return.
    That... thing insults me.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Are they being serious with that crap? It's bad enough having metal gear in the title but to tie it in with Ground Zero is beyond offensive.
    So you're playing as another random ass soldier in 1975. Lame.

There are only two things Konami could do to win me back: use that Pachinko-whatever footage and give me MGS3 with the Fox Engine, and remake Metal Gear-- with bonus points for the ability to play as Solid Snake or Venom!
    14051786_1247433488623856_1666489879046222809_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=73bae8dc5444722b4a03ffaff0cec5b8&oe=584EFD9D
    By far it's one of the most stupid decisions ever made. I bet they were thinking...

"Hey, you know what? Let's put Metal Gear in the title and make a zombie game, that'll get the kids buyin' the shit!"
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    They should concentrate on making a Metal Gear movie with Liam Neeson as Solid Snake.
    Now with their driving force gone (Kojima), they won't be able to write anything that resembles Metal Gear, let alone making a game or a film...
    I wonder how much money this will lose them.
    The only potential I see with this, is that it offers an 'urban legend' of sorts, as to the Wandering Mother Base soldiers from Phantom Pain.
    But even so, this is something literally nobody asked for....
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I've never even played MGS and I know this is an atrocity.
    It does scream 'bargain bin' a week after release, doesn't it?
    4 days, tops.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    WTF was that? Was mother base sent through a time portal or alternate dimension?
    Alternate dimension is the official BS. Official BS should be this game's subtitle.
    This would have made a great Contra game. But not Metal Gear. christ.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

Yes, because it's so creative topic, the zombie thing, so let's put in that. Hell, other franchises like COD are doing it, so why shouldn't we?

It's ridiculous how zombies are in everything now; games, TV, movies. Let's hope Bond isn't next.

Coming this fall;

Zombies Never Die

"Bond is licensed to kill, but can he kill what is already dead?"
    :D
    007 Everything or Zombies. :P